Old Today, 06:33 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citation560v View Post
HI All ,

One of my favorite cloud surfing Flights
Wow, what an awesome flight, you found the perfect day to fly. I love those little white balls of awesomeness

Zephyr in the clouds DL (3 min 33 sec)

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:39 AM
Australia, NSW, Moss Vale
Joined Jun 2013
104 Posts
Thanks Mike, I should mention that I had control throughout the entire flight and the DL system was in LOW power mode (intentionally) I'll post the segment of the flight in question soon, Pat.
IamtheWalrus is offline Find More Posts by IamtheWalrus
Old Today, 06:51 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus View Post
Thanks Mike, I should mention that I had control throughout the entire flight and the DL system was in LOW power mode (intentionally) I'll post the segment of the flight in question soon, Pat.
Hi Pat,

No, even on low power that is so far out of anything normal, I am guessing your OSD settings are very wrong. Let me know what the voltage settings you find and I can tell you real quick if that was it or not.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 10:36 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,688 Posts
Another great flight with Dragonlink!
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flight over the "Secret City"
Old Today, 12:19 PM
bdseidler
United States, CA, Avalon
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Land This, I Chickened Out, Flown with DragonLink

Land This, Flown with DragonLink, Explicit Content (2 min 51 sec)

Just out getting some practice with some local pilots. Normally there aren't as many people flying here but today made for big turn out.
I was just out burning up some batteries and thought how close can I get to this thing. If your style of flying is more like Acro or obstacle, check out white311boye's channel on youtube. I fly cinematic, It's harder then you think to fly smooth and get those sweet pan shots.
I rock a Zenmuse H3 3D gimbal on my TBS Discovery. It hangs from the bottom and I need legs. I know legs on a TBS but it works and I like it. Flown with DragonLink about a 1/4 mile at 10 ft
BTW, Giving away a bdseidler T-shirt. just leave a comment on this video.
It's that EZ.
Or
Land this manhole cover and post the link to the video along with your comment.
1st person to post Wins.
I have people thinking about it already.
BdseidlerYouTube is offline Find More Posts by BdseidlerYouTube
Last edited by BdseidlerYouTube; Today at 12:28 PM.
Old Today, 12:28 PM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
406 Posts
Thank you VERY much EastCoast and JetPilot! That is ALL I needed, in regards to the LiFe's!! To the others that had there girl panties on... YOU! No back to the regular program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Puff the magic dragon "Link"..lol
Sorry couldn't resit and no PUN intended "Mr JON"

gjhinshaw
Seriously though, that puffed Life batt is a ticking time bomb that could get your house burned down pretty darn fast...Id snip the wires (one at a time please) and drop it in a pail of salt water...let it die a fizzy "life".

Sorry still off topic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The LIFE batteries have a reputation for being more durable and lasting longer than LIPO, but I guess they do have their limits also. From the puffiness of that thing, something went really bad wrong somewhere. I would just throw those away...

WARNING: LIFE batteries have different voltages. If you use LIPO charging voltages, and LIPO cutoff voltages, you are probably going to ruin them right away. Make sure charger and speed control is set up for LIFE batteries.

Mike
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw
Old Today, 12:33 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
902 Posts
5 Miles @ 500 Ft.

5 Miles @ 500ft + Hill Bomb (7 min 18 sec)
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,353 Posts
Solved my problem w/the flashing red for V2 on the Tx. I used the firmware at the website.. not the beta uploaded here..

All's well in muddville now..
stanordave is online now Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Joined Feb 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
When did you get it ???????????????

If you bought it from GetFPV.com 3 months ago, they would have very rightfully told you it was the latest, as it was at the time. But our last update was JUNE 2014. I need to know when it shipped.

Also, I needed pictures of your plane install, not the TX. The TX will either work well, or not at all. Range can be lost in the RX installation.

Mike
I was shipped on 7/3/2014 from Getfpv.com

I just made a range test on a road today and I went up to about 5km before the rx started to flash a lot. It was on low power and the antenna was mounted on a long stick
RC Test Pilot is offline Find More Posts by RC Test Pilot
Old Today, 05:59 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,299 Posts
Johnnymeg
have you made a video yet on your popwing and monkey blunt where you put all your stuff like your drl and antennas. also do you have a monkey blunt for sale
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend
Old Today, 08:07 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citation560v View Post
HI All ,

How we all going ?? Hopefully many awesome fun flights !!

This weeks submission for the Contest

One of my favorite cloud surfing Flights

http://youtu.be/0EYktAeq5s8
awsome flight
I love to cloud surf, its what actually brought me to fpv
satgod is online now Find More Posts by satgod
Old Today, 08:30 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
Johnnymeg
have you made a video yet on your popwing and monkey blunt where you put all your stuff like your drl and antennas. also do you have a monkey blunt for sale
Here are the monkey blunt build videos. I should be carrying the money blunt systems on my website as soon as production begins. I will also be carrying the popwings brand new along with the monkey blunt systems and a power system package with t motors. In the next few weeks. I will be really competitive with the prices and shipping.

You can see how I mounted the dragon link and antennas.

Mokey Blunt Build Video 1:
Mokey Blunt Build Video 1 (8 min 52 sec)

Monkey Blunt Build Video Part 2:
Monkey Blunt Build Video Part 2 (14 min 11 sec)

Monkey Blunt Build Video Part 3:
Monkey Blunt Build Video Part 3 (8 min 20 sec)

Monkey Blunt FPV Upgraded Popwing Review:
Monkey Blunt FPV Upgraded Popwing Review (5 min 27 sec)
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:31 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanordave View Post
Solved my problem w/the flashing red for V2 on the Tx. I used the firmware at the website.. not the beta uploaded here..

All's well in muddville now..
Not really That is the old firmware on the website, and it does not have half the performance of the Next Generation firmware. I really suggest you give the update another try. The new firmware is not BETA anymore, all Dragon Link systems for the last couple months have been shipping with it, and it is incredibly good. The new firmware is nothing short of RC PERFECTION.

The Dragon Link Next Generation Firmware is now available and was released in May 2014 !!! This firmware is a HUGE advance in all areas of performance, especially Resistance to interference. I can not stress strongly enough how much better the Dragon Link system will perform with the new Next Generation firmware installed, I encourage everyone to update their Dragon Link systems ASAP. The new Next Generation firmware can be flashed at home to any Version 2 system at home with the USB update device available from www.dragonlinkrc.com I do not have a list of changes for the new firmware, because EVERYTHING has changed. This is not an update to our firmware, this was a total rework of the entire firmware, it is very well tested, and the results have been amazing. The resistance to interference is incredible, along with increased range, and absolutely stable, rock solid control. Upgrading to the Next Generation Firmware solves so many problems, that it will be very first thing we recommend when troubleshooting problems from now on. The improvements we have made basically makes the Dragon Link a new system, and takes the Dragon Link to the next level of reliability and performance ! You can download the latest Next Generation Firmware from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...extGenBeta.zip For instructions on how to update the system, see this video:
Dragon Link Firmware Update with USB device - Instructions (10 min 47 sec)

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 09:50 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,299 Posts
sweet thanks that is what i am looking for
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend