HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2010, 02:25 AM
Gistel, Belgium
Joined Mar 2004
572 Posts
I LOVE mrs. Bladehead ... we want MORE ...

I'll definately be on the lookout for those dc-3's .... there is a fleabay vendor that has them ...
guy5927 is offline Find More Posts by guy5927
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:52 AM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy5927 View Post
I LOVE mrs. Bladehead ... we want MORE ...

I'll definately be on the lookout for those dc-3's .... there is a fleabay vendor that has them ...
Ya, I love Mrs. BladeHead too. When we go out together, it's a regular sideshow. Actually, the flight was much longer than you see in the vid, but I cut the parts that weren't so "family-friendly."

Like I said in earlier posts, most of the Dynam decals in the set are pretty tacky. If u get this plane, u'll want to come up with ur own livery, or get the Eastern Air Lines "Great Silver Fleet" decals here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGAU1&P=7
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:12 PM
Gistel, Belgium
Joined Mar 2004
572 Posts
decals discontinued
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:14 PM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
decals discontinued
Out already? Yikes! Try this one: http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...roductid=33368
Old Feb 11, 2010, 02:14 AM
Gistel, Belgium
Joined Mar 2004
572 Posts
thnx ;-)

Bladehead, I take it you have some RC experience ... I would very much like to know when you have put a couple of more flights in ( hopefully the US of A gets a break from all that snow, here in Flanders we only have 1 inch or so ) and really got to know the bird, if if you could give a further flight report on how she behaves and with what you can compare her ...

that would be very much appreciated ...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 04:38 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
47 Posts
I would really like to get one of these but can't find anywhere that sells them. I'm based in UK. I checked fleabay but couldn't find any and vendor mentioned above has sold out
Monkfish81 is offline Find More Posts by Monkfish81
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Ya, I see Nitroplanes is out of stock. Looks like Dynam sells it direct, but I don't know if they export for retail... Their addr: http://www.dynam-rc.cn/en/product_li...ssid=14&id=399
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:15 AM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
thnx ;-)

Bladehead, I take it you have some RC experience ... I would very much like to know when you have put a couple of more flights in ( hopefully the US of A gets a break from all that snow, here in Flanders we only have 1 inch or so ) and really got to know the bird, if if you could give a further flight report on how she behaves and with what you can compare her ...

that would be very much appreciated ...
Guy5927, we were hammered with another big snowstorm here and there's about a meter of snow from 2 storms on my flying field. I'll report back here, once I get some more flights on the DC-3. More vids to come.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:00 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
Wow, they're already out of stock? That was fast. I ordered this from Nitroplanes on 2/1, right after I saw their 1/29 video of it on their blog: http://www.rcdiscuss.com/blog/
at least i got my sticker kit before they were gone, now have to wait 4-6 weeks for dc-3 to restock at nitroplanes!!
ZAGI CRAZEE is online now Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:02 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
Ya, I see Nitroplanes is out of stock. Looks like Dynam sells it direct, but I don't know if they export for retail... Their addr: http://www.dynam-rc.cn/en/product_li...ssid=14&id=399
Hey, BladeHead, what do you think about the radio that comes with the DC-3?
ZAGI CRAZEE is online now Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
Hey, BladeHead, what do you think about the radio that comes with the DC-3?
It's a 72mhz radio, not as nice as my DX6i, but I'm comfortable using it until I convert the plane over to 2.4ghz. It has indicator lights that show battery strength and a metal carry-handle much like more expensive radios. Stick/control response is good. In the little bit of flying I've done with this plane, there wasn't any glitching that I could detect. Only thing on the minus side, is the pull-out battery holder for the 8 AA's. You have to fiddle with it and the wiring to get it to fit back into the radio and get the cover back on. It does have a charger jack, so if you got a power supply and re-chargeable batteries for it, that would take care of that issue.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 01:18 AM
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Jul 2007
222 Posts
just got back from my 1st ride in the dc3 and i got another one for free as the plane was half full the pilot said if i wanted to go again i could ,how cool is that

anyway keep up the good work with the dynam dak and look forward to seeing some military versions out there soom and lots more great vids

Pommie
pommie is offline Find More Posts by pommie
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:54 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Nice looking little foamy. Thought I would chime in although most of you know about Callie Graphics. If you can't find decals I ordered some from her custom made and she was decent on the price and fast. It was like 20 bucks for my B-17 decals.

http://www.callie-graphics.com/

I dont work for them just like the products I have got so far. Very top notch.
And just watching the thread I have a Polks C-47. Love this plane.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:14 AM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
I flew my DC-3 again just after sunrise this morning and she did fine in a steady breeze. You can fly around scale at about 1/2 throttle, or power up a bit and do easy loops and rolls. The motors sound great when you do a low-level full throttle fly-by. This plane will haul when you push her a bit. To land, I just kept on a little power as she came down, then held it a couple of inches above the pavement, chopped power and she settled in on the mains.

Once the weather warms up around here and the snow is gone, I'll send my FlyCam up with her. This plane should be a good platform for some nice, smooth on-board video.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
at least i got my sticker kit before they were gone, now have to wait 4-6 weeks for dc-3 to restock at nitroplanes!!
They are back in stock. I just ordered one. For those of you who own the Skybus, what do you think of it?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8931-skybus-rtf.html

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86