Old Feb 07, 2016, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by jeffrey44
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2013
37 Posts
Discussion
Receivers

Can I use a ar6100e spectrum receiver on a 40 size aircraft ?
jeffrey44 is offline Find More Posts by jeffrey44
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2016, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,545 Posts
That rx is classified as a "Park Flyer" unit and as such should not be used in anything that would normally require a "Full Range" rx because it's not.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Feb 07, 2016, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by jeffrey44
United States, CT, Plainfield
Joined Dec 2013
37 Posts
Thank you. I will take your advice and not use it for that application
jeffrey44 is offline Find More Posts by jeffrey44
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
3,899 Posts
Firstly the 6100 is probably faked. These RX are not produced for many years. And as already noticed it is not specified for flying greater distances because it only has 1 receiver/antenna set.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Feb 10, 2016, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
11,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Firstly the 6100 is probably faked. These RX are not produced for many years. And as already noticed it is not specified for flying greater distances because it only has 1 receiver/antenna set.
Why would you say that (highlighted) in that specific way? Do you know the exact history of the one the OP owns?

Back in my Spektrum days I had quite a few AR6100 receivers in my smaller gliders and electric planes and they performed flawlessly. Some of the gliders were taken out to a point where they were a small dot in the sky and I never lost control. Range of these receivers is not the issue - the single antenna being easily shadowed by a larger metal containing object like an engine or a 2S 1800mAh or larger battery is.

I still keep one AR6100 for bench testing purposes with the DSM2/DSMX module conversions I provide. All of my AR6100s were bought either from Horizon or Horizon authorized resellers and all of them (minus the one I still have) went to Horizon for a check up before I sold them here on RCG. They came back with a clean bill of health and upgraded to the latest FW, a sure sign they were not fakes. I did know they were not fakes even before I sent them for the check up as I bought all of them before the clones, fakes and "compatibles" appeared.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc