New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2015, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by hackdroot
USA, CA, Oakley
Joined Aug 2008
226 Posts
Hey guys. Does anyone know the specs (kv) on the purple Hacker outrunner that is installed in the Sebart Mig 29?

I founf one lying in a box of spare parts from my old Mig and was going to repurpose it in a Phase 3 EF-16.
hackdroot is online now Find More Posts by hackdroot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2015, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by xviper
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackdroot View Post
Hey guys. Does anyone know the specs (kv) on the purple Hacker outrunner that is installed in the Sebart Mig 29?

I founf one lying in a box of spare parts from my old Mig and was going to repurpose it in a Phase 3 EF-16.
That's gotta be aftermarket. The stock motors in the Mig are Freewing.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Dec 06, 2015, 04:51 PM
USA, CA, Oakley
Joined Aug 2008
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
That's gotta be aftermarket. The stock motors in the Mig are Freewing.
Sorry, I could be mistaken. Someone mentioned to me once that the purple outrunner in the model was made by hacker. If indeed it isn't, still looking for the specs on the stock motors.
Old Dec 06, 2015, 07:14 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I could be mistaken. Someone mentioned to me once that the purple outrunner in the model was made by hacker. If indeed it isn't, still looking for the specs on the stock motors.
You may have seen it here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2309238
That may have been an incorrect statement. This is a Freewing EDF and I'm not so sure Freewing would use Hacker motors when they have so many of their own to choose from.
Or this may have started due to Hacker motor company in Germany selling this plane and their "Hacker" team flew it at shows. Doesn't necessarily mean Hacker motors were used.
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=4143&p=4143
Added to the mix was someone saying a particular Hacker motor would be a good replacement for the stock motors.
I don't remember seeing a definitive KV mentioned for the stock motors. This has been thrown back and forth for years. People have done calculations and taken watt measurements but have always come up with a "best guess". The number that comes to mind is 3000+KV, some going as high as 3800KV. Sorry, SebArt has always been a bit tight lipped on this one.
Old Dec 06, 2015, 08:38 PM
USA, CA, Oakley
Joined Aug 2008
226 Posts
Quote:
You may have seen it here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2309238
That may have been an incorrect statement. This is a Freewing EDF and I'm not so sure Freewing would use Hacker motors when they have so many of their own to choose from.
Or this may have started due to Hacker motor company in Germany selling this plane and their "Hacker" team flew it at shows. Doesn't necessarily mean Hacker motors were used.
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=4143&p=4143
Added to the mix was someone saying a particular Hacker motor would be a good replacement for the stock motors.
I don't remember seeing a definitive KV mentioned for the stock motors. This has been thrown back and forth for years. People have done calculations and taken watt measurements but have always come up with a "best guess". The number that comes to mind is 3000+KV, some going as high as 3800KV. Sorry, SebArt has always been a bit tight lipped on this one.
Thanks for the follow up. Guess I'll split the difference on the kv and throw it in with a 4S and see what happens. The Phase 3 is forgiving enough to test it out on I suppose.
Old Dec 06, 2015, 08:47 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the follow up. Guess I'll split the difference on the kv and throw it in with a 4S and see what happens. The Phase 3 is forgiving enough to test it out on I suppose.
Isn't that plane pretty small (660mm wingspan) and takes a 55mm fan? The Mig motor is kinda big to go into that fan, no?
Old Dec 07, 2015, 03:03 AM
USA, CA, Oakley
Joined Aug 2008
226 Posts
Quote:
Isn't that plane pretty small (660mm wingspan) and takes a 55mm fan? The Mig motor is kinda big to go into that fan, no?
It is a small model, but takes a 70mm EDF.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by feda
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
I have v1 with one gyro.
I Do not use the gyro yet.
Had one crash when tried to hand launch with inexperienced launcher.
Now launching off an old door sprayed with slippery lub.

... ...

I would not want to dead stick it.

... ...

Would I buy it again...NO
I beg to differ. I have the V1 version too, and the plane is a beautiful flyer -- the most well-behaved EDF plane that I have ever flown!

I have learned to launch the jet like the guy in the video: it's amazing to see the jet auto-level after climbing:
SebArt Mig-29: 3D EDF Foam! (2 min 5 sec)
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Dec 15, 2015, 01:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
I beg to differ. I have the V1 version too, and the plane is a beautiful flyer -- the most well-behaved EDF plane that I have ever flown!

I have learned to launch the jet like the guy in the video: it's amazing to see the jet auto-level after climbing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdeyu6YtrzY
Hey, that guy looks like me.

As for dead sticking it, I had to do it once. One of my vector servos froze full up. I shut it down and brought it in. From about 150 feet up only about 100 feet away, I just spiraled it in and made one of my best landings ever. This thing lands dead stick better than my planned landing approaches.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by doug47
United States, OH, Ashland
Joined Dec 2009
199 Posts
I've dead sticked mine twice, a very well behaved airplane.
doug47 is offline Find More Posts by doug47
Old Jan 22, 2016, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by jmiceli11
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Nov 2000
184 Posts
I have a V1 with the original single axis gyro for rudder. What is everyone's opinion on the new 3 axis gyro in the V2? I can't seem to find any documentation on this gyro. Also why would I need two of these gyros?

Thanks,
John
jmiceli11 is online now Find More Posts by jmiceli11
Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:20 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiceli11 View Post
I have a V1 with the original single axis gyro for rudder. What is everyone's opinion on the new 3 axis gyro in the V2? I can't seem to find any documentation on this gyro. Also why would I need two of these gyros?

Thanks,
John
My original V1 gyro was DOA. I replaced it with a helicopter tail gyro. On my new Mig, I'm using the HobbyEagle A3 6-axis gyro with hover mode. Works very well.
After the first dead gyro, I don't trust what they put on the V2.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by jmiceli11
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Nov 2000
184 Posts
Thanks xviper I'll give that a try.
jmiceli11 is online now Find More Posts by jmiceli11