HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Switzerland
Joined Aug 2012
173 Posts
Build Log
The Liberals

Why do you think you are entitled to my stuff?
mikhail tupulov is offline Find More Posts by mikhail tupulov
Last edited by mikhail tupulov; Oct 26, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Easy. Given their tortured ideology, the only person entitled to your stuff is those who are not you.

Remember the intrinsics..

It's selfish and immoral to want to keep what you create.. but it's not selfish for those who aren't you, to receive it

their entire philosophy surrounds negations of values and action. Look how often you're told that you 'benefit' from social subsidies you don't get, because the 'benefit' is that they *don't* riot and commit crimes if you pay off the poor.

See how they argue that the right to goods and services *increases* the less capable you are. The less you can or will produce, the *more* entitled you are to what someone else created.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Last edited by MtnGoat; Oct 26, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
381 Posts
Why do you think you are entitled to the benefit of living in society without supporting it? Why do you want me to pay your way?
Sherlock is online now Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
The 'benefit' is paying someone else off so they won't harm me?

Please describe the 'benefit' I *personally* receive but don't want to pay for. Not the 'benefit' of paying someone else not to cause harm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
381 Posts
You want me to tell you what benefit you receive from living in the US? LOL.

Please tell me how the lawfull and constitutional collection of taxes equates to "entitlement to your stuff".
Sherlock is online now Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Lawful, yes

Effective use of said taxes, no
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,934 Posts
Quote:
Please tell me how the lawfull and constitutional collection of taxes equates to "entitlement to your stuff".
The OP was a little broad in the opening post.
Entitlement spending is what grates on my nerves. Taxes collected for public works, teachers, firemen, police, military, etc., are only debatable when it comes to wasteful spending & pet projects (pork).

It is obvious, to the intellectually honest, that the "safety net" has become a hammock financed by the working class and the job creating class (what you may refer to as "The Rich").
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:13 PM
Pan Pan Pan
Arizona
Joined Feb 2003
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I agree with Walter Williams, who recently said:

"What standard of fairness dictates that the top ten percent of income earners pay 71 percent of the federal income tax burden while 47 percent of Americans pay absolutely nothing?"
Harri3 is offline Find More Posts by Harri3
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,845 Posts
When taxes are used to support education (teachers, schools, etc.), protection (firemen, police, EMS, etc.), and infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc.)... almost no one will have a problem with it. When taxes are used to provide help for those that can truly not do for themselves, and for disabled vets... almost no one will have a problem with it. When it goes beyond that... almost everyone SHOULD have a problem with it...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
This is true. When used properly and good stewardship of the people's money is assured, I will have no issue with it
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
You want me to tell you what benefit you receive from living in the US? LOL.

You said I received 'benefits' I did not wish to pay for.

Since you 'know' this somehow, all I'm asking for is some of those benefits I personally receive and do not wish to pay for so we can see if your statement is true.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:33 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,667 Posts
He opened with a silly arguement in the first place. How can anyone make a claim like that unless you specifically said, I want this but I don't want to pay for it. Of course, the obvious answer to that question is a Corvette. I want one but I don't want to pay for one.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Hate to break it to ya .... But it's not just the liberals.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
When taxes are used to support education (teachers, schools, etc.), protection (firemen, police, EMS, etc.), and infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc.)... almost no one will have a problem with it. When taxes are used to provide help for those that can truly not do for themselves, and for disabled vets... almost no one will have a problem with it. When it goes beyond that... almost everyone SHOULD have a problem with it...
What BS! The Republicans have been waging war on public sector employees, cut veterans' benefits and want to eliminate SS and Medicare, which were paid into by recipients, so that would be outright theft!

THAT's class warfare!
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:53 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Why do you think you are entitled to my stuff?

I consider myself somewhat a Liberal, I want no ones stuff but my own. Most other peoples stuff is crappy anyway and prolly bug ridden. I come from a long line of hard working Liberals and I too work hard for every bit I have.

My question is to Rich Conservatives.... Why should you pay no taxes while the hard working middle class pays your way ?
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot