HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:56 AM
Mint Hill
Joined Oct 2006
1,454 Posts
Discussion
Flying Aces Club

Flying at the Speedway is awsome. If we could only get the sound from the race cars as they are running in our planes that would be cool !

FAPA is best deal in town !! Only $40 Dues to join the Club.

Come join in on the Fun !!

http://www.flyingacesrc.com/ For more information......
Pilotdale is offline Find More Posts by Pilotdale
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:02 PM
Larry
charlotte nc.
Joined Jul 2005
229 Posts
I agree !!
goliathman is offline Find More Posts by goliathman
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:45 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,037 Posts
r u talking about the same flying a's that went out of their way to shut down the Blythe field??
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:25 PM
Larry
charlotte nc.
Joined Jul 2005
229 Posts
yes the very same ones! and just as awsome!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:40 PM
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,037 Posts
If they are so awesome why don't they create their own club thread and quit soliciting money from caf??
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,096 Posts
Hey Larry, I was flying at Waymer the other day and one of your members who was practicing his pattern flying was kind enough to tell me the scratch-built foamie I was flying there at the same time was "annoying". I guess, since his big plane cost a lot more than mine, he felt superior to me. I really wasn't surprised by it at all though. It was typical of most every visit I've ever made to Waymer. You officers may want more members, but it's obvious that your members are quite content to keep the field to themselves. If you want to boost your membership, you may want to teach your current members some manners during your next club meeting.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:37 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulator View Post
hey larry, i was flying at waymer the other day and one of your members who was practicing his pattern flying was kind enough to tell me the scratch-built foamie i was flying there at the same time was "annoying". I guess, since his big plane cost a lot more than mine, he felt superior to me. I really wasn't surprised by it at all though. It was typical of most every visit i've ever made to waymer. You officers may want more members, but it's obvious that your members are quite content to keep the field to themselves. If you want to boost your membership, you may want to teach your current members some manners during your next club meeting.
doh
ontwowheels is offline Find More Posts by ontwowheels
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:32 PM
Larry
charlotte nc.
Joined Jul 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatulator View Post
Hey Larry, I was flying at Waymer the other day and one of your members who was practicing his pattern flying was kind enough to tell me the scratch-built foamie I was flying there at the same time was "annoying". I guess, since his big plane cost a lot more than mine, he felt superior to me. I really wasn't surprised by it at all though. It was typical of most every visit I've ever made to Waymer. You officers may want more members, but it's obvious that your members are quite content to keep the field to themselves. If you want to boost your membership, you may want to teach your current members some manners during your next club meeting.
why dont you come to a meeting and teach them your self? besides i think your making that up just to make a point.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:34 PM
Larry
charlotte nc.
Joined Jul 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
If they are so awesome why don't they create their own club thread and quit soliciting money from caf??
not a bad idea,but all the cool guys hang out here.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:41 PM
Larry
charlotte nc.
Joined Jul 2005
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
dale is a new member and is soliciting members on his own. hes proud of fapa and rightly so. if you dont want us around then kick us out.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:36 PM
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,037 Posts
We like Dale also...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,037 Posts
Right between the East Texas Aeromodelers and the Fresno Radio Modelers...
Is it true you guys even let R. Pope fly (term used loosely)???
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliathman View Post
why dont you come to a meeting and teach them your self? besides i think your making that up just to make a point.
Who the hell are you to call me a liar? Some black dude flying a pattern plane said that. And what possible reason would I have for making a point? I bought a park pass so I could use Waymer field. I want to use the facilities, but your members don't seem to want any new folks around. The previous Saturday I was out there and someone drove up and made a comment about my stuff was on his table! Well I'm sorry, but I didn't see a "reserved" sign on the table when I unloaded my planes.
Oh, and about coming to your meetings? No thanks. I have no desire to join your club and end up becoming the type of person who treats newcomers so rudely.
I will say, that on only one occasion at Waymer did I meet someone who actually treated me with respect. He is a preacher but I can't remember his name. He actually welcomed me and spent some time answering some questions I had.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Mar 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:52 AM
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,037 Posts
Aw Larry, now you went and made him mad....
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:54 AM
HELIRLC
SOUTH CHARLOTTE, NC
Joined Feb 2005
1,064 Posts
Do they have that anyone can fly Saturdays at a certain time??????

We could all go up and have a picnic lunch then overwhelm the site with foamie parts..

Or 20 or so helis in the air will do it too.

I did visit up there. Now I will say it was 3 years ago. to fly two helis..

Was not a warm fuzzy welcome. It was more like what the $%&* do you think you are doing here.

Have not been back since. SO I guess their stratagey worked.

Besides it is really too far for me to drive for only a couple hours of torture.

But will say I have been to the Lowes field and got a totally different response and felt welcomed as a dropin and fly guest.......
But that is a pack a lunch trip to for me also..

SO I will just have to be content on flying in those abandoned housing projects and empty business parking lots close to home.

Russell
HELIRLC is online now Find More Posts by HELIRLC