Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:36 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollux View Post
Hey Guys,
is anyone interested in a this scheme for the new Piper Pawnee?
http://www.horizonhobby.de/piper-pawnee.html?
I will do it, if there is just one person.

pollux
yup!
Shirty is online now Find More Posts by Shirty
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:40 PM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
A little help please from someone who actually knows what they're doing

I've been putzing about trying to do a scheme for the Durafly P-51D Mustang - "Ferocious Frankie". I'm pretty happy with the result except for one thing.... on the top of the fuselage, above the engine, the pattern for the side of the fuselage is repeated. I just want it a solid yellow. I've captured a screen shot from Phoenix so you can see what it looks like.
odourboy is offline Find More Posts by odourboy
Last edited by odourboy; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
48 Posts
I will do the Pawnee on the weekend.

pollux
pollux is offline Find More Posts by pollux
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:56 PM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Snap!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odourboy View Post

I've been putzing about trying to do a scheme for the Durafly P-51D Mustang - "Ferocious Frankie". I'm pretty happy with the result except for one thing.... on the top of the fuselage, above the engine, the pattern for the side of the fuselage is repeated. I just want it a solid yellow. I've captured a screen shot from Phoenix so you can see what it looks like.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey odorboy

I thought I was going to surprise you

Oh well, you can never have too many of these

Anyway, this really made me LOL properly

Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Last edited by Quagga; Feb 07, 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: PS I also ran into the tiling issue on the nose, so I left off the text and the exhausts (with a heavy heart)
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:14 PM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Nice Quagga!

The color and markings on you're scheme is closer to the model than mine. I'll be taking some of those if you don't mind. :-) (I'm going to keep the 'kills' I have though, even though Durafly decided to omit them from their version of Frankie.)

Now, if there was an easy way to fix that tiling problem... we'd have a beautiful reproduction here!

Cheers!

PS - Quagga, could you zip your .BMP scheme and post it please?
Last edited by odourboy; Feb 07, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Zip file

There you go!

I've been flying the Spitfire/Mustang mix, and it actually is still pretty far off. The real model is much more sedate, certainly on 3S (I'm a 4S convert). The roll rate is stupidly fast and the the controls feel like they are set to maximum deflection. The real plane is a rather friendly, easy-going thing.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:23 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
man i need to learn how to use phoenix creator!! i've messed with it a little, but have no idea what i'm doing. i know there are 2 views, one of the plane in 3d, and one broke down in 2d like the pics posted above. can you use the 2d version to change a scheme, or does it have to be on the 3d version? i've only been able to do it on the 3d version.

also, how the heck do you draw a straight line on the plane? i don't see a tool that draws lines, just the paint brush and i'm not steady enough to do that!!
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:25 PM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by odourboy View Post

That is one of the problem with the bad templates of PhoenixRC
The exhausts you must take a little bit higher and the letters of the name a little bit down, then it could be good!
SVrider58 is offline Find More Posts by SVrider58
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:30 PM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
H9 Piper Pawnee Eflite design

Here is the H9 Pawnee with the design of Eflite Pawnee 15e!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Slightly better settings for the Durafly 1100mm Mustang

Guys, these setting approach my experience of the Durafly Mustang. I found roll inertia to be the most defining setting.

Exhaust higher, hey? I'll give it a bash

Update:
Moving the exhausts solved the tiling issue, thanks!
Last edited by Quagga; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:02 PM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Thanks Quagga for the BMP and SVrider for pointing out that I'm hitting my head against a wall trying to fix my scheme when it's Phoenix template I'm fighting with.

One more question on this Mustang scheme - there's a panel that I've marked on the picture - where does it get used the Phoeniix model?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:05 PM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post
Guys, these setting approach my experience of the Durafly Mustang. I found roll inertia to be the most defining setting.

Exhaust higher, hey? I'll give it a bash

Update:
Moving the exhausts solved the tiling issue, thanks!
Ohhhhh! Excellent! I'll try your new variant file right away.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Using PhoenixCreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
man i need to learn how to use phoenix creator!! i've messed with it a little, but have no idea what i'm doing. i know there are 2 views, one of the plane in 3d, and one broke down in 2d like the pics posted above. can you use the 2d version to change a scheme, or does it have to be on the 3d version? i've only been able to do it on the 3d version.

also, how the heck do you draw a straight line on the plane? i don't see a tool that draws lines, just the paint brush and i'm not steady enough to do that!!
@Odorboy The mystery panel is the underside of the nose, where the IC motor would have been. Let me know how you get on with the flight settings.

If anyone has suggestions for more accurately modeling the flight characteristic of foamy warbirds, please don't be shy.

Hey hoghead

I've found the easiest way of editing scheme is to export the map (2D image) to an external editor, Photoshop in my case. This way you've got all the masked and multi-layered goodness you can handle. Editing directly in PhoenixCreator can yield good results, but not in my hands

If you're not into already Photoshop (or another image editor) you've got a number of options:
  • Microsoft Paint might be useful for basic changes, but I would recommend looking further
  • Gimp is a free opensource alternative to Photoshop. Like the industry standard, it takes some getting used to but is worth the trouble.
  • Free online image editors available (like Pixlr) fall somewhere between Paint and a "proper" package.
Learning to use a new package can be intimidating, but don't let it put you off. Regardless of the tool you choose, you perform the changes you want, re-save the file with the same title and format (bmp or png in my case) and import the updated map to PhoenixCreator.

The changes are immediately visible upon import of the new map. Sometime you might have to switch back and forth like with the exhausts.

Please note: Phoenix Sim and Creator seem to clash (on my system at least). Close the editor (and SAVE!!!) before opening the sim.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:06 AM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephSzczur101 View Post
I didnt mean all of them, just witch ever one looks best.
I really only want the razorback thing for the shrinkin
Joseph
Hello Joseph,

The Shuriken is very difficult to paint, i have it in work, but because of the bad template the bottom side can't be paint as the original. The bottom side is only in orange or when i paint the letters on the top side, the bottom side looks like the skin of a tiger Because the bottom side is in the template from the top side!
I have made the skin in light blue and orange, or what colours do you want and with letters or without letters........let me know!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Hey SVrider (650 or 1000?)

Do you know if it is possible to extract the 3D models from Phoenix? If so, it might be possible to adjust the mapping...

Cheers!
Q