Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by babaknt
Joined Feb 2014
34 Posts
Discussion
Addiction Prop-Spinner Problem

Hi,
I just purchased a PA Addiction and got a VOX 12x4 prop with a 1.5" Aluminimum spinner as recommended by PA. I have however problems fitting the spinner over the prop. Have I missed something?
I am using the standard Thrust 20 engine.
Thanks
Babak
babaknt is offline Find More Posts by babaknt
Last edited by babaknt; Mar 12, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2016, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Joined Nov 2013
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaknt View Post
Hi,
I just purchased a PA Addiction and got a VOX 12x4 prop with a 1.5" Aluminimum spinner as recommended by PA. I have however problems fitting the spinner over the prop. Have I missed something?
Thanks
Babak
The spinner that is supplied for the PA Addiction is a carbon fiber spinner with aluminum back plate.
The carbon spinner must be trimmed to match the root of the propeller. PA specify that the gap must not be too small (the actual gap should be in the manual).
I used Dremel with a small grinding wheel attachment.
TrueBuld is offline Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by rwq66
United States, CA, Seal Beach
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBuld View Post
The spinner that is supplied for the PA Addiction is a carbon fiber spinner with aluminum back plate.
The carbon spinner must be trimmed to match the root of the propeller. PA specify that the gap must not be too small (the actual gap should be in the manual).
I used Dremel with a small grinding wheel attachment.
I am using a VOX 13X5 and a Great Planes 40mm spinner.
Ron
rwq66 is offline Find More Posts by rwq66
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:45 AM
Find More Posts by braeckman
Joined Mar 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaknt View Post
Hi,
Thanks
Babak
Hello Babak

I suppose that your spinner just has a too small opening. The Vox props have quite a thick hub on the contrary of the majority of nylon props. You should inscrease the size of the gap and assure (also with a metal spinner) that the prop doesn't touch the spinner at no point (very dangerous because inducing high stress)
Alvin
PA Distribution Germany
braeckman is offline Find More Posts by braeckman
Old Feb 10, 2016, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Thumbs are overrated.
The Netherlands, NB, Sint-Michielsgestel
Joined Nov 2014
580 Posts
This a dead thread as it was started in may 2014.
Poffertjesporem is online now Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem