Old Dec 28, 2015, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by VF-Alpha
Fly Hard or Fly Home!!!
United States, CA, West Sacramento
Joined Jul 2007
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by changosurf View Post
I see. I'd probably be able to help with some of it, but unfortunately, I don't own an i2c airspeed sensor, so I wouldn't really be able to test or do much without one. I'd be flying blind

Your best bet might be to find some example code for your sensor and try loading it up on an arduino.

Also, be aware that, if you're trying to set this up on something like a minimOSD, you'll have to solder directly to the MCU pins in order to access the i2c port on the ATMega.
No I bought a board from someone ( designed by dennis) I had designed my own but that one will be done later with imu and bmp soldered directly

I do have an airspeed sensor I could mail to you.( one used on a DOSD) I was thinking of using an eagle tree airspeed sensor since they already give sample code. which i could buy one of those and mail to you. Which would probably be easier to implement.
pseudo code airspeed address is 0xEAA
----------------------------------------------------

byte data[2];
signed short reading = 0xFFFF;
i2c_start();
// select sensor in write mode
if (!(i2c_write(SENSOR_ADDRESS | I2C_WRITE_BIT)))
{
// send "read data" command to sensor
if (!i2c_write(0x07)) {
i2c_restart(); // perform I2C restart
// select sensor in read mode
if (!i2c_write(| SENSOR_ADDRESS | I2C_READ_BIT)
) {
// read two bytes of sensor data
data[0] = i2c_read(1);
data[1] = i2c_read(0);
reading = *((signed short *)(&data[0]));
}
}
}
i2c_stop();
VF-Alpha is online now Find More Posts by VF-Alpha
to remove ads between posts