Old Nov 02, 2015, 07:01 PM
feb
Find More Posts by feb
feb
United States, TX, Fredericksburg
Joined Oct 2009
11 Posts
KA8B Electric 6000

I purchased the latest version of this plane from Zigi RC in Okla. City. I picked up the plane myself and upon assembling, I found that the right inner wing panel aluminum tube receivers were out of alignment. I was unable to install the wing. I have contacted both Zigi and Phoenix Models and am waiting for a response. Will keep you informed. Frank:
feb is offline Find More Posts by feb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2015, 12:25 PM
feb
Find More Posts by feb
feb
Joined Oct 2009
11 Posts
k8

After several emails and trying to resolve the problem myself I finally figured out the method to install the wings on the K8. Both eventually responded to my emails. Zigi responded by informing me they were only the seller and passed the problem to Phoenix. Phoenix wanted pictures of the problem and suggested sanding and cutting the wing tubes. Since the tubes were out of alignment (1/4" in 1 foot) I was asking for a new wing. That seemed to be out of the question with the manufacturer. I have now figured out a fix I can live with. Frank
Old Dec 17, 2015, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by pmccleave
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,207 Posts
Guys,

Have any of you Electrified the new version K8B yet and if so where did you find a Prop Yolk at? I asked ZigiRC about the one on the Demo Plane and they told me they custom made theirs and was not planning on offering them for sale.

Thanks,

Pat
pmccleave is online now Find More Posts by pmccleave
Last edited by pmccleave; Dec 17, 2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added info
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by egall232
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
528 Posts
k8b

yes , several of us have added motors to our K8s , I used an aeronaut 6mm prop yolk drilled out to 8mm to suit my motor .
Do a google search ?
cheers Euan
ps have a look on scale soaring uk
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by pmccleave
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,207 Posts
Euan,

Can you tell me on your yolk what the measurement is from Prop hub to Prop Hug?

Thanks,

Pat
pmccleave is online now Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Jan 02, 2016, 02:45 PM
feb
Find More Posts by feb
feb
Joined Oct 2009
11 Posts
k8

I maidened my K8 today and found the wings are warped. After take off the plane banked hard to the right, so much I thought the ailerons were not working. I kept giving left aileron until it finally came back on its level flite behind the tow plane. I started adding left aileron trim until I ran out.
By holding left aileron I was able to get it back on the ground without crashing. The ailerons are trimed over 1/4 inch to get it to fly level. It appears that I must of got a lemon from Phoenix. I have contacted them about the problem with no response. Can any one advise me how to correct a warped wing, or maybe some one is willing to sell me their extra wings?
Old Jan 02, 2016, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by SZD16
TEAM GORGEOUS
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
3,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feb View Post
. Can any one advise me how to correct a warped wing, or maybe some one is willing to sell me their extra wings?
Find which panel is warped by laying them on a flat surface TE to TE and see if they line up.......which ever panel is out of alignment....pick it up and clamp the root end....or have some one hold it and twist the wing past where it needs to be....the covering will wrinkle all up......hit it with a heat gun and slowly work the wrinkles out.....hold it in position until it cools.....check against other wing. As long as both wings match they don't need to be exactly straight....but make sure they don't have any "wash-in"....ie: the trailing edge of the tip twisted down as compared to the root.
SZD16 is online now Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Jan 04, 2016, 11:29 AM
feb
Find More Posts by feb
feb
Joined Oct 2009
11 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I would very much like to get the plane flying properly because it really looks good in the air and on the ground. I will give this a shot and see what happens.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by lfinney54
United States, ID, Kuna
Joined Feb 2008
136 Posts
hoping not to insult anyone but i never see anyone mention later wing balancing which is a big deal...and such a simple thing to do....i never fly anything without doing so..I also use my robart incidence meter. and measure at equal postions on both wings from root to tip then compare numbers..if they don't match they get fixed
lfinney54 is offline Find More Posts by lfinney54