New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by relax1809
Joined Apr 2015
7 Posts
Discussion
Charging balance issue.

Hi all.
Now I'm using a Thunder Power TP610-ACDC balance charger.
I just bought it couple weeks ago ( Total charge time about 10hrs )
The problem is now after full charge I realize that cell 4 always greater than the other cells. I tried to charge 4 packs Pulse 1250 mAh 6S with 1A and it gives the same result ( Charging time is about 50mins). It makes the cell 4 become higher than 4.2 volt before the other cell full and the charger always finish charging at this point. ( Means the other cell still not full )
I use the Sky RC i-Meter to check and now the balancing of the lipo pack only around 50%. The lipo pack is also in mint condition, just used for 3-4 rounds. Difference from the highest cell to the lowest cell after fly is only about 0.002 volt but it become higher after charge.
Who have experiences with this problem please help me resolve. I just bought the Thunder Power charger because I got the same problem with my charger from Hobbyking, the old problem come with cell 1 and cell 2.
Thank you for your time and thankful for your help.
relax1809 is offline Find More Posts by relax1809
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by Jaketheone46
Jaketheone46
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Nov 2014
700 Posts
Sounds like the charger may need to be calibrated. I'm not familiar with that charger so really can't be of much help
Jaketheone46 is online now Find More Posts by Jaketheone46
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by hoppy
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,723 Posts
The cell that is going over 4.2V, how much over?
What are the cell voltages 10 min after being off the charger?

Quote:
It makes the cell 4 become higher than 4.2 volt before the other cell full and the charger always finish charging at this point.
What you are describing is a charger with the balance lead connected but being charged in the standard CHARGE mode rather than BALANCE mode.

BTW, 0.003V is an acceptable imbalance.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Today, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by relax1809
Joined Apr 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
The cell that is going over 4.2V, how much over?
What are the cell voltages 10 min after being off the charger?

What you are describing is a charger with the balance lead connected but being charged in the standard CHARGE mode rather than BALANCE mode.

BTW, 0.003V is an acceptable imbalance.
Cell 4 is usually about 4.215 - 4.22 volt. The other cells stop at about 4.17-4.18 volt.
The Sky RC i-Meet is warning when I use to check these battery.
My charger Thunder Power TP610C-ACDC only have one mode to charge.
One charge, one discharge and other mode is used to check the balance of battery, don't have balance mode. I think it's charge mode is contain balance.
relax1809 is offline Find More Posts by relax1809
Old Today, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by mrforsyth
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,820 Posts
What makes you believe that your 'Sky RC i-Meter' is more accurate than your TP610C? Have you verified both devices with a voltmeter of reasonable quality and accuracy?

If both devices have not been verified, I would personally trust the accuracy of the charger more than the i-Meter.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by hoppy
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,723 Posts
Time to call Thunder Power.

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/Contact_Us
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Today, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by CreepyCrawl
Obsessed with the details.
United States, NH
Joined Apr 2013
161 Posts
Just for some reassurance, I'm approaching 5 years with my 610C DC version and it has performed admirably without issue. Thunder Power has great customer service so don't hesitate to contact them, as hoppy suggested.
CreepyCrawl is offline Find More Posts by CreepyCrawl