New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2015, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by ocso295
keeping it legal
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
Okay...plugged in the Bluetooth....downloaded the app and I can connect that way on serial 0...still can't connect on serial 0 with ftdi....only on 1 and 3
ocso295 is offline Find More Posts by ocso295
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocso295 View Post
Okay...plugged in the Bluetooth....downloaded the app and I can connect that way on serial 0...still can't connect on serial 0 with ftdi....only on 1 and 3
In order to use a FTDI adapter to load the firmware, you need to connect to the FTDI port which is on the picture in attachment. You can see the pinout label on the board bottom, should batch exactly your FTDI adapter.

Name: 0511152224.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 479.2 KB
Description:
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2015, 08:21 PM
keeping it legal
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
Well....tried that...didnt work...but while looking at the bottom I noticed there is usb solder pads on the bottom also...soldered a tx, rx, grd wire on...powerd up the fc...shazzzzammm...i was able to upload a new sketch...now to find a sketchfor the vtail with multiwii pro 3 board....cant figure out how to rotate the board in the sketch...anyone know this?
Old May 12, 2015, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by avillalobos
Joined Mar 2015
14 Posts
Project SCAD

So the final outcome of my project was that although it is possible to control a quadcopter via android application it is not feasible with a Raspberry Pi sending the data via serial communication. Really wishing we had done more background work on this project. Myself and many others were looking forward to seeing it work. At least I now have an awesome hobby to look forward to once I can afford it!
avillalobos is offline Find More Posts by avillalobos
Old May 12, 2015, 08:46 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,077 Posts
Quote:
Well....tried that...didnt work...but while looking at the bottom I noticed there is usb solder pads on the bottom also...soldered a tx, rx, grd wire on...powerd up the fc...shazzzzammm...i was able to upload a new sketch...now to find a sketchfor the vtail with multiwii pro 3 board....cant figure out how to rotate the board in the sketch...anyone know this?
You can't do that directly.
Each sensor orientation need to be changed in the def.h
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2015, 10:28 PM
keeping it legal
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
so I see....this is the vtail that MrClean was setting up with you ...I just found your robotshop website...(nice site)...in a sketch you posted for him. It set the board as

#define FREEIMUv043 // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)

Is that the right brd? it is the ready to fly quads black ezpro3 board..

I would have guessed this board...

//#define MultiWiiMega // MEGA + MPU6050+HMC5883L+MS5611
Old May 13, 2015, 08:34 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,077 Posts
Quote:
so I see....this is the vtail that MrClean was setting up with you ...I just found your robotshop website...(nice site)...in a sketch you posted for him. It set the board as

#define FREEIMUv043 // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)

Is that the right brd? it is the ready to fly quads black ezpro3 board..

I would have guessed this board...

//#define MultiWiiMega // MEGA + MPU6050+HMC5883L+MS5611
If it's the same board, here is the file i sent to that guy.
To change the board orientation, you need to perform tests with the MultiWiiConf and the graph that is in there to correct each sensor orientation in def.h.

MultiWii Sensors Orientation

Code:
#if defined(FREEIMUv043)  || defined(MICROWII)
  #define MPU6050
  #define HMC5883
  #define MS561101BA
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.accADC[ROLL]  = -X; imu.accADC[PITCH]  = -Y; imu.accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] =  Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {imu.magADC[ROLL]  =  X; imu.magADC[PITCH]  =  Y; imu.magADC[YAW]  = -Z;}
  #define MPU6050_I2C_AUX_MASTER // MAG connected to the AUX I2C bus of MPU6050
  #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
#endif
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2015, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by SteelRainSpo
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Nov 2014
178 Posts
I am very interested in buying one of these from the website. I just have one question though. Is the multiwii board that comes with the combo already setup and flashed for this platform? I'd like to know since I haven't had any experience with this type of flight controller or y-tail platform yet, and may need to do some research on how to configure pid's to get stable flight and 3d. Thanks in advance for your help
SteelRainSpo is offline Find More Posts by SteelRainSpo
Old May 18, 2015, 06:54 PM
keeping it legal
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
Okay...got the motors spinning right...rear props mounted with labels up...board loaded with a sketch...acc calib...mag calibr.....spin up some.. copter wants to go the direction I move the sticks....give it more throttle....it tries to flat spin......any ideas?

It doesnt flip...just tries to do a flat spin

motors are frt lft...D3 cw ....frt rght D10 ccw...rear lft D11 CCW...rear rght D9 cw
Last edited by ocso295; May 18, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old May 18, 2015, 07:35 PM
keeping it legal
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
Got it...reversed yaw in sketch....same problem....pit yaw back....problem solved....strange....
Old May 18, 2015, 07:37 PM
keeping it legal
Joined Jun 2011
133 Posts
Steel......on ready to fly quads website....I believe they will preload it...sayes to tell them what sketch when you order it....send them an email first and ask....also buy their add ons and ask to have them edit the sketch for it....GPS....Bluetooth...etc
Old May 19, 2015, 05:21 AM
Find More Posts by SteelRainSpo
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Nov 2014
178 Posts
Quote:
Steel......on ready to fly quads website....I believe they will preload it...sayes to tell them what sketch when you order it....send them an email first and ask....also buy their add ons and ask to have them edit the sketch for it....GPS....Bluetooth...etc
Thanks Ocso, your reply and information is much appreciated. I'll look into the add ons, and inquire with the company which will be my best setup options.

The videos of this multirotor that I have seen, as well as it's looks are amazing. I just need to figure out whether I'm going to go with the 400 or 500 size class. Ahh the rough decisions we have to make nowadays
SteelRainSpo is offline Find More Posts by SteelRainSpo
Old May 19, 2015, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,840 Posts
does this quad tend to be tail heavy . i put a 3300mah 3s battery as far forward as possible and its still tail heavy . i have a qbrain and all of the electronics where the recommended CG is and the motors are 2800 size 1300kv motors .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN