Old May 13, 2016, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by ExPLoR3R
Joined Apr 2016
15 Posts
Help!
Problem with channels? [Hitec]

Hello guys,

I hage a slight problem setting up my glider as my Aurora 9 only has 9 channels while the ASW 29 has:

1 Elevator
1 Ruddrr
2 Ailerons
2 Flapps
1 Airbreaks ( 2 but on Y cable)
1 Retract wheel
1 Motor/Esc

Thats already 9 while I still need telemetry, BEC amd tow hook. What should I do, any Ideas?

Regards, Zan
ExPLoR3R is offline Find More Posts by ExPLoR3R
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2016, 09:54 PM
Ron
Find More Posts by Ron
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,489 Posts
put flaps on a Y..........IIRC there is another port that can be used for the bec.
Ron is offline Find More Posts by Ron
Old May 15, 2016, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by Lynxman
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,418 Posts
Put the BEC on a Y with the Esc. Use a Y on the ailerons and set them up mechanically. The flaps too but they probably need separate channels unless you have a servo reversing cable for one side.
Lynxman is offline Find More Posts by Lynxman
Old May 16, 2016, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by ExPLoR3R
Joined Apr 2016
15 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! Ill put ailerons on Y as I need 2 channels for flapps. Should I buy a powerbox for 6m glider tho?
ExPLoR3R is offline Find More Posts by ExPLoR3R
Old May 16, 2016, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Suspended Account
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Oct 2011
2,963 Posts
Yes a powerbox such as the Smart Fly EQ6 will solve your issues and keep others from developing. I use one in my 40% Extra 330 with the Aurora/Optima TX and RX. Y cables will lead to trimming issues and you could run into low voltage problems at the servo using the RX bus for that many servo's.
exf3bguy is offline Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 19, 2016, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
23,052 Posts
I would also recommend using a Y-harness for your ailerons and flaps, that would free up 2 channels which can be used for your BEC and your tow hook.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old May 21, 2016, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by E-Challenged
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
14,174 Posts
I have struggled with my Aurora 9 trying to use two flap servos on a Y cable. It does not work well, the servos fight each other and are not trimmable individually, electronically and mechanically. I now have two flap servos on two channels operated by a 3 position switch with slowed servos and each servo trimmable and adjustable via EPA, etc. I have flap servos plugged into channels 5 and 6 on the Optima receiver. I am using the SPC port to power the receiver alone from the motor battery . Servos are powered by the BEC. I get inflight motor battery voltage readout via SPC without extra telemetry accessories. If you want more telemetry, you will likely use a Y cable to power the telemetry module.

You might get better help/advice in the sailplane and radio forums and by contacting Hitec support by phone.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Last edited by E-Challenged; May 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM.