Old Feb 11, 2016, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by juggalo flyer
United States, NY, Patchogue
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
Help!
Bind Key for a Esky 4-1

Hi! Ive been trying to bind a big-lama with a 4-1 receiver. I bought it as a BNF. I have a few transmitters so I am using one that works with my Esky E-500. I am familar with the bind button procedure with the 3-1 and a speed controller. But this lama has a 4-1 and it does not have a bind button on the front, it was supplied with (told from the seller) a bind key?? Its a 3 pin dip connector with a wire loop. Does it go into the 4-1? There is a CHG & a BATT 3 pin that are not being used. The lights are plugged into the Aux. Any idea where this "key" gets plugged into for binding? Thankyou
juggalo flyer is offline Find More Posts by juggalo flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2016, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by flyeraroo
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,550 Posts
The transmitter has to be compatible with the receiver first of all. If they are then plug the binding plug into the receiver "battery" slot. (BATT) Then with the transmitter off plug the battery into the helicopter, and there should be a flashing light on the receiver. Next go through the binding process of the transmitter. The light on the receiver should go solid when the tx and rx are bound. Next unplug the battery from the helicopter, and remove the binding plug from the receiver. You should now be ready for normal startup.
I don't have this helicopter, but the binding process should be the same for a 2.4 GHz tx/rx.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 13, 2016, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
Using to bind a twinstar CA Big Lama with a bind key

Hi Flyeroo! Thankyou for answering my thread! Well on the battery slot which you told me to plug the bind key into..is a female. The bind key is a female.. so its not gonna work. The seller told me to take out the Aux slot and put the bind key into that. Didnt work. I even tried the CHG slot still didint work. Looks like Im stuck buying a new 4-1 that has a bind button on the front of it. Thankyou for your help and its nice to talk to you again my friend! BTW...I tried different little hints I know and all of them didnt work. Im using my esky e-500 transmitter which it works and is identical to the big lama. I also tried the honey bee esky transmitter, which uses the same 4-1. Nothing...its the same ole story of my life Flyaroo!! Thanks again buddy!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 04:19 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,550 Posts
I would have thought it should have binded using the AUX slot, but maybe Esky is different than Spektrum.
Here's just a thought, you might consider switching your system over to Spektrum. Using a Eflite LP5DSM transmitter, which you can pickup for $10 or so on Ebay, a Blade BLH2153 3 in 1 (used on the Blade CX4) which is more expensive at around $40 new, and a Spektrum receiver like the AR6100e, which you can get for around $15 or so. I have used, and still am using the Eflite LP5DSM transmitter on my Lama 400D, which has been converted to Spektrum. I have had it since the BCX2 coaxial first came out, and it's a darn good radio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLH2153-3-in...wAAOSwo6lWGGs5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eflite-LP5DS...AAAOSwzgRWtolj
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Spektrum...8AAOSwu-BWOoeJ
Last edited by flyeraroo; Feb 13, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:17 PM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
Thanks YOu Flyaroo! Thats a great idea. Its kinda funny my E-500 has the 3-1 and a speed control, and the Lama a 4-1. There identical helicopters, just different receivers for some reason. Well I may have to bite the bullet and buy a receiver..for now. I like your system and quite frankly Ill do it to one or the lamas or e-500. Well just got my speed control for the E500. This should do it. Fingers crossed. Btw..my 400Lama is my favorite..its black right now..about to get yellow! lol! Is binded to a wk2403. I do have the DEvo 7 but I dont know if that would help me..ah well. Knowing for a lama guy...I figured Id let you look at this...got it from germany! Kinda the equivent...runs like a top! Brand new in the box..came with a wk-2401 & a 11.1 1200mah batery. It just doesnt have the front light and the rear strone light on top of tail...its got the blubs but there is no wire going to it. Ah well, Ill try once or more times and then getting on with a bind button for now. the specktrum sounds like sense ot me..just dont have the doe right now. My 400 Lama has the screws on the bottom top gear getting lose again...replacing the shaft..extended and new hardware...Gotta be a better way thre. Mabey a glue on there? OOps..I know thats a bad word but, ty for taking you time to help me out and Its very nice to talk to you again. You helped me out wiht mine the 1st time, ty again Flyaroo. BTW, your 3 links...thats all I need? the 3 items?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by mono
Joined Aug 2008
1,660 Posts
Was going to respond to your first post yesterday, but nowhere in my info could I see anything on a 4in1 used in a Big Lama.
Now that you've posted a pic of it, I can see the part number.
There is a line in this post which reads...
... note I was told that my 2.4 tx GWY004307 6T will not bind with the standard esky 2.4 4in1 only with the 2.4 4in1 GWY004306 that it comes with.
So, it only works with a particular ESky Tx and as you bought it as a BNF, it's not going to work with your E-500 Tx, regardless of a bogus bind plug.
Seems this version came out right at the end of the old ESky empire.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 14, 2016, 09:18 AM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
wow! Ive got a bunch of esky transmitters..6 channel...4 channel...I have 3 walkera transmitters..wk2401, wk2402 & a devo 7. Any of these may work?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 09:25 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo flyer View Post
Thanks YOu Flyaroo! Thats a great idea. Its kinda funny my E-500 has the 3-1 and a speed control, and the Lama a 4-1. There identical helicopters, just different receivers for some reason. Well I may have to bite the bullet and buy a receiver..for now. I like your system and quite frankly Ill do it to one or the lamas or e-500. Well just got my speed control for the E500. This should do it. Fingers crossed. Btw..my 400Lama is my favorite..its black right now..about to get yellow! lol! Is binded to a wk2403. I do have the DEvo 7 but I dont know if that would help me..ah well. Knowing for a lama guy...I figured Id let you look at this...got it from germany! Kinda the equivent...runs like a top! Brand new in the box..came with a wk-2401 & a 11.1 1200mah batery. It just doesnt have the front light and the rear strone light on top of tail...its got the blubs but there is no wire going to it. Ah well, Ill try once or more times and then getting on with a bind button for now. the specktrum sounds like sense ot me..just dont have the doe right now. My 400 Lama has the screws on the bottom top gear getting lose again...replacing the shaft..extended and new hardware...Gotta be a better way thre. Mabey a glue on there? OOps..I know thats a bad word but, ty for taking you time to help me out and Its very nice to talk to you again. You helped me out wiht mine the 1st time, ty again Flyaroo. BTW, your 3 links...thats all I need? the 3 items?
That is a nice looking bird! I just wanted to warn you not to try my idea on the Lama 400 helicopters. You will smoke your motors and the Blade 3 in 1 if you do. I tried, and it does not work, but you should be ok with Esky motors. The Walkera motors are not reversible, and have to be installed to rotate the way they are on the helicopter and to the Walkera 3 in 1. Also connecting the Lama motors wrong to the Lama 400 speed controller, and you will fry that also. So its best to leave the Lama 400 the way they are. When I changed my Lama 400D to Spektrum, I changed everything including the motors. My complete setup is with using brushless motors, and speed controllers.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 09:51 AM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
Got ya FLy! My 400LAMA IS stock...just have the one gear slipping. Bought the gear and the extended shaft so...thats all Im doing with that..I wish I knew a better way to make sure it doesnt spin on the shaft again. anyhoose..that gentlemen said that esky transmitter will not bind with the 4-1. I have 3 walkera transmitters wk2401, 2402 and the devo7. Im wondering if any of those will bind with the 4-1? as usual, thanks buddy
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:06 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,550 Posts
No, the Walkera transmitters will not work with an Esky receiver. Esky needs to be matched with the correct Esky receiver. Alot of Esky and Eflite parts are interchangeable, but when it comes to electronics they are not. I am not an Esky expert, so list the Esky receivers and transmitter you have, and someone will help you match them up.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by mono
Joined Aug 2008
1,660 Posts
juggalo
to bind with that Esky 4in1, you need the radio mentioned in the line I quoted....
2.4 tx GWY004307 6T

Notice that the part number is similar to the 4in1 (GWY004306)?
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 14, 2016, 07:39 PM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
Cool brutha, I gotta have it! Ill be home ina half hour...gotta have it..got a ton of eskys...thankyou sirl
Old Mar 06, 2016, 08:43 AM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
placement of the new electronics

Hi Fly! I thinking laying the 3-1 down on front with the receiver right on top of it? Not many choices, the 4-1 was a big box so Im not worried about going to high..just wanted to make sure thats the spot. Thanks
Old Mar 06, 2016, 09:07 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,550 Posts
Hey Jug,
I am not sure if it matters which way the 3 in 1 sits, but on most gyros they have to be positioned a certain way. (vertical or horizontal) Here is a picture of how they were on the CX4, and it show the 3 in 1 in a vertical position. You may want to stay with that positioning, but you can try it horizontally to see if the gyro holds or works correctly when laying flat.
Old Mar 07, 2016, 06:07 PM
Joined Sep 2014
85 Posts
awesome! I can do that too! Ok, im gonna hook it up in the am, ty Randy