Find More Posts by MultirotorMelb
Joined May 2015
104 Posts
Discussion
Melbourne Multirotor - Regular Meets

MMRC is also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/MMRCAU/

MMRC now has a new home for 2016
Every Saturday from 1230 til 830pm : Lewis Rd Park The oval with Lights"
Keep an eye on our Facebook page and here for details of whats happening.

For general/casual discussion, jump to the "Melbourne Multirotor Crew - Vids, Pics, Help, Noobies, Trash Talk" thread

Upcoming Events:

• Tuesday 19th April - Regular Tuesday Night Meet
    * Event: Casual Flying, Meet'n'Greet
    * Time: From 7.30pm
  • Saturday 7th May
    * Event: Gemfan Challenge, Casual Flying, Racing Practice, Meet & Greet
    * Time: From 1230pm on
  • Saturday 14th May
    * Event: Round 5 of MMRC's 2016 Racing Season!
    * Time: From 1200pm on
  • Saturday 21st May
    * Event: Casual Flying, Racing Practice, Meet & Greet
    * Time: From 1230pm on
  • Monday 13th June
    * Event: Round 6 of MMRC's 2016 Racing Season!
    * Time: From 1000pm on

================================================== ===

General Procedure and Etiquette (work in progress)

* We generally have 4 seats setup for pilots, each designated an Immersion RC channel. If you're going to fly with us, you do it from one of these seats. You're free to use the provided base station to hook your screen/googles into, or your own equipment.

* We are mostly running 25mw Immersion VTX units to make life easier for everyone. We have found this causes the least issues with regards to getting people into the air, and keeps us on the good side of the law. Using anything else is at your own risk of having people be peeved at your for washing them out, or getting in trouble should we ever get a visit from ACMA. If you do arrive with something else please chat to someone who knows whats happening so they can help you coordinate with other pilots.

* Boscam flyers please ensure you are on Ch4 or Ch8 and check that you are setup on an available frequency correctly before switching on.

* Don't go near cars or people. Seriously. We've been asked to leave places because we started getting close to parked cars of shoppers or other non pilots. We've also had instances where pilots have buzzed general public giving them little scare (mistaking them for usual pilots) Better to just not do it so we don't annoy the wrong people

* Switch on VTX power in designated zones AWAY from pilot seats, so camera washout is reduced

* Be mindful of the people and equipment around the area. Drive in and out of parking areas slowly, as there may be stuff stored near your cars or in the dark in some parking spaces.

* There may be a designated pit lane/pit area, fly slowly and predictably here as people are walking about often.

* Your craft MUST have rear lights, and is strongly recommended to have front lights also

* Strongly recommended that you can access your VTX channel switcher easily, as you may need to change frequencies on the night.

* Be nice to security if you end up chatting to them, as they've been nice to us and let us fly happily in some places. Bring them over and show them the cool stuff

===============================
Previous Major Events
  • Sunday 17th January 2016 - MMRC 2016 Race season Round 1,
    * Info here
  • Sunday 13th February 2016 - MMRC 2016 Race season Round 2,
    * Info here
  • Sunday 13th March 2016 - MMRC 2016 Race season Round 3,
    * Info here
  • Sunday 10th April 2016 - MMRC 2016 Race season Round 4,
    * Info here
MultirotorMelb is offline Find More Posts by MultirotorMelb
Last edited by MultirotorMelb; Jun 09, 2016 at 06:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2015, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by APIUM
Joined May 2015
33 Posts
I'll be there if I can get there, thanks for organising it.
APIUM is offline Find More Posts by APIUM
Old May 31, 2015, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by ChiggenWingz
Pants may be optional
Australia, VIC, Mulgrave
Joined May 2013
572 Posts
Had about 7 of us there yesterday, was pretty kick ass. There was a bit of wind outside and it rained at some point, but during the evening the wind calmed down for the guys to get some more outside play time.

Heres a video that "Snnnnaaaaaaake" posted up in the big Melb Meet thread

Wasteland factory racing and freestyle (4 min 45 sec)
ChiggenWingz is offline Find More Posts by ChiggenWingz
Old May 31, 2015, 11:57 PM
Joined May 2015
104 Posts
Go Karts is Postponed this week until further notice

--------

Just got a phone call off Warren at Auscarts, saying he was contacted by a "John Powers" who said that us flying at the indoor gokarts is illegal and could come with fines. This has worried Warren a little and he would have to pay lawyers to chase up these accusations to see if they were true or not.

So he wants to postpone the event (which is totally understandable) until legally speaking things are looking a bit more viable.

He's hoping John Powers rings back soon to get some more details, but if anyone knows who this person is can they put some details up here please so one of us can contact them to actually learn about what laws we're stepping on?

Tuesday night meet will be back at the Fort this week.
Old Jun 03, 2015, 06:28 AM
Joined May 2015
104 Posts
Wednesday 10th June - Non flying, Drone Club meet
Location: Electron Workshop and Connected Community HackerSpace
5 Kent Lane Hawthorn

The purpose of this is to have some hands on UAV hacking sessions at CCHS and continue the more social/talk aspects at Electron Workshop.

Adric from CCHS will be doing an intro at 7pm and things will go from there!

Bring any half-made projects, things you're working on or your general technical curiosity. http://www.meetup.com/drone-club/events/222502034/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDroneClubMelbourne/
Old Jun 07, 2015, 07:06 PM
Joined May 2015
104 Posts
Flying at the Fort this Tuesday night
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by APIUM
Joined May 2015
33 Posts
Anything happening this weeked.?
APIUM is offline Find More Posts by APIUM
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:34 AM
Pants may be optional
Australia, VIC, Mulgrave
Joined May 2013
572 Posts
Nah nothing planned that I know of. I've got a bit of work to do to my quad, so I won't be trekking out to Pigeon Poo factory like normal.

There may be others doing smaller group things, feel free to post up
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:35 AM
Joined May 2015
104 Posts
Tuesday 16th, Returning to the Fort, as a few new people have been directed to go there for the next meet
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:03 AM
Find More Posts by UAVfutures
Joined Jun 2015
22 Posts
looking for other enthusiest

Hi everyone. Very new member here only just signed up.

Basically I'm trying to find some people to fly with in Victoria. I'm pretty new to the hobby but having a total blast. I have been flying for a bit under a month now and its amazing. I think im doing pretty well for a noob but i would love to meet up with other enthusiast. See their builds, learn for them and most of all race and fly with them.

So far i have just been exploring places down in the areas surrounding Geelong because i know zero other people in the hobby. Which is a shame. It feels a bit strange just asking randoms on the internet about meting up for a fly but I imagine its just so much better with a bunch of others zooming around.

I have looked in these forums and i keep seeing reference to a warehouse, a fort and a go kart track. but its kind of difficult to find those places and also i dont want to just rock up or be rude in case its some private meeting or something.

long story short.

looking for other people to race my 250 miniquad with. I live in Geelong if it helps.

I started a youtube channel to share my Vids too so you can get an idea of how beginner i am.

250 miniquad. 3 weeks in (2 min 5 sec)

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

Stew
UAVfutures is offline Find More Posts by UAVfutures
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by Fugbucker
Australia, VIC, Hampton Park
Joined Feb 2011
1,212 Posts
Hi Stew, from the look of your video it seems you are doing fine on your own. I could not teach you much for sure. The majority here are the south eastern suburbs but quite a few go to 'Bradmills' which is probably your best option. You ought to find that with no problem. Just watch for when peeps are going or just say when your going and others may turn up. Good luck with it and I'll probably catchya somewhere..... Keith.
Fugbucker is online now Find More Posts by Fugbucker
Old Jun 13, 2015, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by UAVfutures
Joined Jun 2015
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugbucker View Post
Hi Stew, from the look of your video it seems you are doing fine on your own. I could not teach you much for sure. The majority here are the south eastern suburbs but quite a few go to 'Bradmills' which is probably your best option. You ought to find that with no problem. Just watch for when peeps are going or just say when your going and others may turn up. Good luck with it and I'll probably catchya somewhere..... Keith.
thanks for the tips Keith. Ill check those places for sure. If you are ever in Geelong hit me up and ill show you some cool little spots to fly.
UAVfutures is offline Find More Posts by UAVfutures
Old Jun 13, 2015, 08:46 AM
Pants may be optional
Australia, VIC, Mulgrave
Joined May 2013
572 Posts
What I might do, is have a list of regions people are from, to help coordinate people in groups
Old Jun 13, 2015, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by Fog199
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2015
9 Posts
Hi guys, another fairly new pilot from Mentone vic. Once I'm 100% comfortable i will have to meet up for a race.

Anyone else fly a irc vortex? Does it cause problems with it having a 350mw vtx?
Fog199 is offline Find More Posts by Fog199
Old Jun 13, 2015, 08:18 PM
Pants may be optional
Australia, VIC, Mulgrave
Joined May 2013
572 Posts
The regular Tuesday meets are less about racing currently more of a casual fly session. SOme people do fly faster than others, but its all good. Come along and say hello

The Vortex may need an attenuator on it to reduce its power output.