Fly.Bar.Less ...
Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
Joined May 2013
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
We rebuilt the HK450 CP.

My oldest boy did most of the work.

This is the same helicopter used for the HK450 fixed pitch conversion.

It flies much better as a CP.
It looks awesome with the blade canopy ...
Happy flying
Mostafa Omar is online now Find More Posts by Mostafa Omar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:32 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,331 Posts
Steve heli looks real nice, glad it flys well. your son did a great job.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 20, 2014, 03:25 AM
Fly.Bar.Less ...
Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
Joined May 2013
365 Posts
FX076 FBL vs. V911

Finally, my friend who was supposed to travel to China 6 months ago; finally went to China. I asked him to bring me any micro helicopter with a programmable Tx, and that was my mistake, coz he didn’t really get the difference between programmable and non-programmable transmitters. I gave him some pictures of models like Walkera Super CP with Devo 7E, but he ended up bringing me 2 micro helicopters from Fei lun company that produces the FX059! (I think the guy who sold him the helicopters fooled him about the FX076 Tx as it looks very similar to the Devo 7)

Anyway, that’s better than nothing, especially that I will never be able to pass any Tx through the customs in my country (as some of you guys know).

Both of the helicopters came cracked, as my friend squeezed them really tight in between his luggage, but I managed to fix them until I order some spares.

The good thing is that one of the 2 helicopters is FBL. I got to say it’s awesome, a world of difference. The FX076 FBL made me feel that my V911 is a turtle!

One thing that made me mad, is that the two helicopters used different protocols, despite they are from the same company, I don’t know why most of the companies now follow the same policy of producing helicopters that are not compatible?

Anyway, I am going to try my FX076 outdoor and post my experience later.

Happy flying to all of you guys

(more detais in my blog)
Mostafa Omar is online now Find More Posts by Mostafa Omar
Last edited by Mostafa Omar; Jun 20, 2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,331 Posts
Problem with clones are different protocols even same company. WL toys has five and thats plain nutz ! V922 TX will not fly V977. Even same heli but V977 is bl. Plain and simple price you pay for cheap imatations of Hobby grade helis.
Walkera has Devo/ Blade has Spectrum. Both offer a full line of products and good TX like Devo 10 flashed will fly them all.
I understand new flyer wants most for $$. Until you want to move up.

Wonder how long till someone takes on V915 and goes bl ? Should be easy as noe V912 bl bird is out.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2013
293 Posts
re-visited my f45/450 , looked at how much movement there was on my flymentor 450 . so took the blade grip of a 913 as it was wider so had more movement .after a lot of trimming and sanding matched the swing arms to the etream f45 flybar and etream swash plate made all new links (hobbyking) now have better forward/back and it seems to fly smother .no were near as much as my cp helos but its still so much fun to fly after a hard day at work, and cheap as chips to re-build if I plant it
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets