HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,808 Posts
I want to find someplace to live where it is 72 degrees with 5-8 mph breeze year around!!! Anybody know a place like that???

I also envy you guys that live where the wind dies down in the evening...it does NOT do that here until about 11PM.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:22 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
I want to find someplace to live where it is 72 degrees with 5-8 mph breeze year around!!! Anybody know a place like that???

SteveT
I wished I could move to a place like that but then I couldn't afford to buy my toy's because nobody would need an A/C. I normally enjoy our weather but the last year it has been much windier than normal for us.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:22 PM
HIBDON FOR PRESIDENT !!
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,123 Posts
Quote:

I also envy you guys that live where the wind dies down in the evening...it does NOT do that here until about 11PM.

SteveT
L.E.D.'s
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:46 PM
Long Duck Dong
Yuma, Arzmexico
Joined Aug 2010
51 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a diagram on how to solder the wires to run two 4000 4S 40C packs (series? Parallel?) to a Ice 120 HV? I've got to do some soldering this week and want to get this out of the way. What gauge wire should use? I plan on using the packs I have for my 59" slick, so I will be buying a A50 16l. I looked at a few pics on this thread and it just confuses the hell out if me. Better yet, is there anywhere to just buy the darn thing?
Choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by Choppedlow
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:53 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
there is a series adapter you can buy to make it easy. Its even made with 10awg wire

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYHX5&P=FR
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:01 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstraub View Post
I just received 2 of the Gen Ace 5300's. Both of them show 3.81 volts on the first 5 cells and 3.21 on the 6th cell. Should i send them back or cycle them a few times.
Let me know how they work out for you as that will be next for me to buy to get my Slick in the air. The Gens Ace 5300's should give nice flight time.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:01 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppedlow View Post
Anyone know where I can get a diagram on how to solder the wires to run two 4000 4S 40C packs (series? Parallel?) to a Ice 120 HV? I've got to do some soldering this week and want to get this out of the way. What gauge wire should use? I plan on using the packs I have for my 59" slick, so I will be buying a A50 16l. I looked at a few pics on this thread and it just confuses the hell out if me. Better yet, is there anywhere to just buy the darn thing?
check out this page, and scroll down to the sixth panel, where it shows the wiring harnesses, and look at the one in the middle.... this is a series connector and what you need....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:14 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedoug View Post
I used a 12" from my ESC to the receiver and disconnected the red wire on the extension. I did this so like you said i could still use the castle link to program.
Are you saying that if you disconnect the red wire from the ESC lead you can't program with the castle link? So use a 6" extension wire for the disconnect?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:26 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Are you saying that if you disconnect the red wire from the ESC lead you can't program with the castle link? So use a 6" extension wire for the disconnect?
right. If the red wire is diconnected the programmer will not work. So put a small extention on it and pull the red wire out of it and heat shrink it back. I did the same when I had the ice 100 in mine
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
right. If the red wire is diconnected the programmer will not work. So put a small extention on it and pull the red wire out of it and heat shrink it back. I did the same when I had the ice 100 in mine
the Castle Link Quick Connect is made specific for programming ease. We like em.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...k_connect.html
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:27 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
the Castle Link Quick Connect is made specific for programming ease. We like em.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...k_connect.html
Oooohhhh nice I like that. That would make programming my esc and checking loggging in my align 450 pro much much easier
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:13 PM
Long Duck Dong
Yuma, Arzmexico
Joined Aug 2010
51 Posts
Quote:
check out this page, and scroll down to the sixth panel, where it shows the wiring harnesses, and look at the one in the middle.... this is a series connector and what you need....

SteveT
Thanks for the info. I ordered one, as well as the one with no wires. Are the wireless ones worth a crap? Two deans in, one deans out? Seems cleaner. If not, it's only a couple of bucks.
Choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by Choppedlow
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:17 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppedlow View Post
Thanks for the info. I ordered one, as well as the one with no wires. Are the wireless ones worth a crap? Two deans in, one deans out? Seems cleaner. If not, it's only a couple of bucks.
I'm curious about that too, but as they don't list any specs for it, I'm going to call and ask....And if the specs are good enough, order one, see how they did it, then make them myself..

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:38 PM
"Failure is not an option"
West Babylon NY
Joined Dec 2006
526 Posts
Ran into a small problem with my 71 Slick build. Was setting my spinner gap and thought I would try fitting the cowl with the canopy. Cowl fits great, moved on to fitting the canopy with the cowl, not so good. I must be missing something cause to get the canopy to fit like it should I have to push out the cowl almost a inch. If I push back the cowl to close the gap then I end up with a gap at the back and bottom rail of the canopy. I hope these pictures show my problem.

Without cowl

With cowl

To get the canopy to fit I need to do this,
TOFAST4U2C is offline Find More Posts by TOFAST4U2C
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,036 Posts
Well my Motrofly DM4325-310 should be in soon but I am wondering if Ben was trying to send me a suggestion on what motor to get because I opened my Slick box tonight and out crawled a Scorpion.