HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2014, 07:22 PM
Soaring Fanatic!
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
Thanks jcstalls. I'm trying to put the price point at where I'd jump on it too.
Hopefully the cost will come down on manufacturing and I can afford to make more things too

So far, l've just got my detachable wings to sort out and I'll be ready for a maiden soon.
8thelephant is offline Find More Posts by 8thelephant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 01:11 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Thanks for the good info in the thread. Is there a current coupon code that can be used for this to knock off shipping or bring the price down a bit more?

Edit: found it
Summer12 for 12% off
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Last edited by Bombay; Jul 17, 2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:49 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2012
6 Posts
Anyone ever use this wing retainer system? Looks promising.

http://www.espritmodel.com/wing-reta...ck-mini-2.aspx
foam freak is offline Find More Posts by foam freak
Old Aug 18, 2014, 07:20 AM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam freak View Post
Anyone ever use this wing retainer system? Looks promising.

http://www.espritmodel.com/wing-reta...ck-mini-2.aspx
I bought them but decided against installing them in a foam wing.
They should be fine on plywood.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:29 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2012
6 Posts
It looks like the Nitroplanes Swift is the Samurai previously sold by Hobby Lobby.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1497180
foam freak is offline Find More Posts by foam freak
Old Aug 18, 2014, 05:51 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
It is the same.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Sep 06, 2014, 10:17 PM
RISC - SCRCC - AMA member
United States, RI, Warwick
Joined Apr 2010
151 Posts
I had a Samurai and it was awesome until I lost connectivity on the maiden flight. Lawn dart.
I don't think the Swift is quite up to being the same plane. Some subtle differences. I still may buy one and use my Samurai parts to get it into the air. Not much room to put your RX antennas at 90 degrees to each other. May tape them outside the next build. Really need that little gully in nose floor. If I didn't already have the parts I think I would pass on this. If I could pickup a true Samurai kit for this price I would jump on it. I don't understand why they gave up on this glider.
bluzjamer is offline Find More Posts by bluzjamer
Old Nov 15, 2014, 02:23 PM
Joined Feb 2006
504 Posts
I just found this thread today wondering who else would be flying this inexpensive and fantastic rc glider. A friend gave me one.

My initial observations: Typical of most powered rc gliders, this will be nose heavy with an approximate weight of 2 pounds, wing loading about 10.75 oz per square foot. This plane will be fast and will require some power to perform well.

I maidened yesterday. It flew fast with or without power, especially for my age (nearly 81). Flying fast generates lift and landing becomes difficult. I have not tried flap/spoilerons (butterfly) as my knees were shaking and I was afraid to do anything I am not accustomed to.

My set-up:

Two tail servos on the tail surfaces (BTW, I find the stock tail surfaces don't look aggressive enough, I changed to a V-Tail). Recommended CofG worked with no additional ballast with lots of battery room to play with.

Flap servo in the wing. This allows me to attach/detach the wing from the fuse with two screws and one multi-wire connector.

Motor: Turnigy 2836 1000kv with a 10"x6" folding prop (recommended is 10"x5" prop). The motor might get overloaded, perhaps not as I power up for about 20 seconds, then soar. Nevertheless, I will do some power measurements.

Battery: Nanotech 1800 mAh, 3S.

Conclusion: If I can overcome my nerves, should be lots of fun.

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Last edited by delperena; Nov 15, 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 15, 2014, 09:40 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,153 Posts
81 and still flying? Bless you! I hope to do that when I get to your age.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:15 PM
Balls O' Wood
Indianapolis
Joined Nov 2001
378 Posts
My Swift is still in the box. Very little done. Life has just gotten in the way...
RV-4 flyer is offline Find More Posts by RV-4 flyer