HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 07:30 PM
Full-Blown RC Junkie
United States, MO, Liberty
Joined Jun 2011
367 Posts
Alert
Foxtech SkyZone Goggles have a Serious Flaw.

It was just announced that Foxtech Skyzone Goggles have a very basic flaw that may affect some of us that like to fly at dusk and at night. The goggles cannot display B&W images. Some are speculating that it's because the lack of Color Burst Signal that the goggles seem to expect to see within the signal for frame sync.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorburst

So for those with camera's that auto-switch to B&W at low light thresholds, you are risking a blackout on your video. For now the only fix is to force the camera to stay in color mode via the camera's OSD Settings. SurveilZone claims that they have contacted the manufacturer to discuss the problem with no mention of a reply from the manufacturer yet. I'm surprised it took this long before this problem was mentioned. I guess not as many people FPV at night as I originally thought.
Snowboard_Nut is online now Find More Posts by Snowboard_Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:38 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Nov 2008
127 Posts
Skyzone goggle lots of flaws !

That's not the only flaw!
1)Shimering video
2)uncomfortable eye pieces
3)Not compatible with Fatshark 600mw Tx
4)Poor range with its own TS832 600mw Tx
I am so dissapointed and mad at those bias reviews!
I am selling mine for $350.00 if anyone interested!
Dungvo is online now Find More Posts by Dungvo