Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:56 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Both videos I've seen show amazing flying by Joe and Jase. I can assure everyone that Joe's win was not bought. Joe is a very skilled pilot and flew very well.
Lets lay off this brand war crap guys. Enough is enough. We are all fortunate to be involved in this great hobby at this time when there are really good aircraft available. Regardless of the brand you fly, we all share a common interest and have a great passion for what we do. Lets all do our best to encourage each other to better ourselves and our skills.
Well said! We are fortunate to have two awesome companies producing some great airplanes. I like both of them, their team pilots, and their owners.

Thank you Chris and Ben for helping me fulfill one of my childhood dreams,

-Buzzed
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:59 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
What's the point of asking about the best plane unless you have the best thumbs? I readily admit most of the planes I fly are magnitudes better than my ability to fly them.
You are so correct. I regularly let Tyler and Steve McCormick (whom placed 6th and 4th I am told) fly my planes, and they regularly show me what my planes are capable of, and they are holding back as it is OPP. Tyler is sponsored by Aeroworks and I know they get a bad rap, but not in Tyler's hands. I think you will see the Freestyle is competitve with other similar sized airframes.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,099 Posts
In this hobby we must support our suppliers of 3d frames...and with that said NOT copies
lets just get alone....

fred
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Just watched Jase Dussa's 2nd place win from the King 50 event..WOW!! Killer flight man..Fantastic.. I like flying to Motley Crue too!! But my flights dont look anything like that hehehe
Jase is in my club. We sit next to him sometimes hoping that some of his skills rub off or absorbs into us via osmosis, but hasn't worked yet.
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Jase is in my club. We sit next to him sometimes hoping that some of his skills rub off or absorbs into us via osmosis, but hasn't worked yet.
How cool to see him fly like that often being in his club..very cool. We have some killer pilots at Hodges Hobbies i get the honor to fly with a good bit as well..(Mac Hodges torque rolls a 4 DA100 powered B-29)

That flight was sick by Jase at the K50. Joe's flight was phenomenal to say the least..Joe is a freak of nature when it comes to the blessed talent he has for this hobby. Jase's flying looks kinda like Joes did 3 years ago..It is stick time guys..Plus the talent thing. I am still hunting vids from the other guys' show too as I want to see them all!! I dont care if they flew t-28 trojans in it..I love flying..
Not cool to kick a guy when he is up.. I often wonder when the drama from a web site will spill over to a field and ruin an event for everyone.How fun or fair will that be?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
heh, if you could huck a 10 pound T-28 Trojan, I'll give you an award myself.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:49 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
We are fortunate to have two awesome companies producing some great airplanes. I like both of them, their team pilots, and their owners.

Thank you Chris and Ben for helping me fulfill one of my childhood dreams,

-Buzzed
Having owned both I could not agree more, thank you both.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Jase has a good club.

We have a good club, too. But at my club, some of the guys watch my son fly and look away, if they're not trying to tell him how to maintain a heading at a constant speed. True story, just happened on Saturday. The advice is good, but I figure if he's not interested, let him do what he is interested in. And he's interested in being a flip flop flyer right now. A plane doing a big loop or a slow roll doesn't interest him. So it didn't surprise me when he stopped listening. On Sunday, after our good batteries were out, I challenged him to dip his tail into the corn on a foamy that uses the 1300 mah's we had left. He went down to the ailerons on his first attempt, and asked "low enough." We laughed, I told him maybe not so low, so he did a few more dips but not as low.

I do wish more Dad's took their son's to the field, and let them figure it out, instead of thinking the Dad's can do better than the kids. A child's brain can figure things out much faster than an adult's. Other than teaching respsect for property and money, the basics of aerodynamics, the kids should be left to do things many adults cannot, because they will figure it out faster and have more fun.

Well, at least that's my experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKxk_qwSNQ

He's going to fly his EF Extra EXP next weekend.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:55 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
You are so correct. I regularly let Tyler and Steve McCormick (whom placed 6th and 4th I am told) fly my planes, and they regularly show me what my planes are capable of, and they are holding back as it is OPP. Tyler is sponsored by Aeroworks and I know they get a bad rap, but not in Tyler's hands. I think you will see the Freestyle is competitve with other similar sized airframes.
after flying the aeroworks edge and the extreme flight edge back to back i can see why the aeroworks one gets a bad rap. The ef edge is so far above and beyond the aeroworks one is not even funny.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
745 Posts
"We have a good club, too. But at my club, some of the guys watch my son fly and look away, if they're not trying to tell him how to maintain a heading at a constant speed. True story, just happened on Saturday. The advice is good, but I figure if he's not interested, let him do what he is interested in. And he's interested in being a flip flop flyer right now. A plane doing a big loop or a slow roll doesn't interest him. So it didn't surprise me when he stopped listening."

[SIZE="3"]He should stop listening and he should start teaching the FOGs that cant use rudder how to fly, from watching your vid he has skills and should be encouraged. However get him to do a slow roll full length of the field sometime and then have him turn around and challange anyone else to do the same.[/SIZE]

On Sunday, after our good batteries were out, I challenged him to dip his tail into the corn on a foamy that uses the 1300 mah's we had left. He went down to the ailerons on his first attempt, and asked "low enough." We laughed, I told him maybe not so low, so he did a few more dips but not as low.

I do wish more Dad's took their son's to the field, and let them figure it out, instead of thinking the Dad's can do better than the kids. A child's brain can figure things out much faster than an adult's. Other than teaching respsect for property and money, the basics of aerodynamics, the kids should be left to do things many adults cannot, because they will figure it out faster and have more fun.

Well said........ i grew up at the field. i was 3 when i started going with my dad, now i am the head flight instructor and i have to say i wish more dads did anything with thier kids. i have a 5 and 8 year old both play on the buddy box when they want too.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:32 PM
TEAM EXTREME / HORIZON HOBBY
United States, NJ, Tuckerton
Joined Oct 2006
601 Posts
Unreal, can everyone just let it go?? We're flying toy airplanes for fun, it's suppose to be our release and get away from the BS and stress in our life, please try to remember this...I hate coming home from a good day of flying and seeing negative stuff in the threads, it serves no purpose...

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:42 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,095 Posts
Is it safe to come back?

Nope, cya
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:16 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Jase has a good club.

We have a good club, too. But at my club, some of the guys watch my son fly and look away, if they're not trying to tell him how to maintain a heading at a constant speed.

You've got it right in my book. Tom's 16 now and we're lucky enough to have a big club where they appreciate his advancement and talent. Although they still say things like "real planes can't do that", they say it in jest and encourage him to keep doing what he likes to do, which is what real men do, period. I'm glad he is involved with something he loves, and I'm happy that we get to do it together.

There are a handful of people that I should thank every day for encouraging Tom when he was younger, spending time with him and teaching him what they know, and spending time with young pilots in general. I thank them also because now that he has surpassed us all, they freely admit it and stick their transmitters in Tom's hands and say, "show me what my plane can do, kid". Because of them, he has flow well over 160 different kinds of airframes, and he never ceases to drive me crazy while he wrings out OPP without mercy right from the word go!

This is our responsibility. Teach them, encourage them, and let them fly. It's also our responsibility to rag the piss out of them when they get better than us too, so don't forget that.

If you can't bring your boy out to the field, bring someone else's. There are not many that will turn down a day of flying RC airplanes. It's one of the best uses of the outdoors that I can think of.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Lets lay off this brand war crap guys. Enough is enough. We are all fortunate to be involved in this great hobby at this time when there are really good aircraft available. Regardless of the brand you fly, we all share a common interest and have a great passion for what we do. Lets all do our best to encourage each other to better ourselves and our skills.
I agree, there is more than enough room for these two great airframe offerings. Both 3DHS and Extreme Flight make great airframes.

I am now flying both, flying 3DHS for a while now, and just started flying EF, being a proud owner of a 60" Extra and planning on owning more, having flown a friends 60" Edge, another great airframe.

That being said, there is one area there is a currently a clear winner - Extreme Flight's customer service.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
check your email fellas, I've sent out the newsletter!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)