HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
i put down a order for one today, i dont mind being a test subject.
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
2,374 Posts
is it one of these in a metal box? It does look slick though.

I really like the concept and have already planed to implement a control repeater along with a 5.8ghz video repeater from a 1.2ghz ground station to my goggles. This would give a truly wireless, lightweight solution for the pilot (me) but yet having some serious ground station equipment mounted elsewhere (like on top of my van).
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Hooks's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
is it one of these in a metal box? It does look slick though.

I really like the concept and have already planed to implement a control repeater along with a 5.8ghz video repeater from a 1.2ghz ground station to my goggles. This would give a truly wireless, lightweight solution for the pilot (me) but yet having some serious ground station equipment mounted elsewhere (like on top of my van).
NO! but please let mé know if you Can Make this work the same way.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:29 PM
Dirty Dozen FPV
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
NO! but please let mé know if you Can Make this work the same way.
Oh ok. How are the features different? Apart from the case and wiring? I was under the impression both products takes signal from a standard RX and makes it into a single PPM signal. One just has better casing and better marketing. I was already looking at a PPM converter to do this project based on a thread in FPVLAB before this thread was started.

I honestly mean no offence, i'm just wondering where to spend my money and I don't mind DIY soldering and heat shrinking. I want the best value for money, and if there is more to be had from your product then it's a contender.
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:50 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,569 Posts
I wish my soldering skills where beyond doing XT60's and basic wiring!
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:16 AM
Registered User
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Yeah I was suprised by that statement. I stopped using my gopro for fpv because the lag was irritating and that was only about 1/4 second (estimate)
ok cool, I thought i noticed the lag in it. I was thinking it was from the Video TX/RX guess not thanks.
N485TG is offline Find More Posts by N485TG
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered User
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Just a quick video showing the unit connected to my DragonLink TX and controlling 2 servos attached to the same UHF RX, but one via a Spektrum DX7 the other a Futaba 8FG.

Spektrum and Futaba buddying up - who would have thought it, eh?

UHF Repeater Demo (0 min 40 sec)


(NB: That's a dummy-load on my DragonLink antenna connector)
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:16 PM
What goes up, must come down
crazy1pilot's Avatar
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
698 Posts
Running without an antenna on your UHF??? Don't want to burn it out also what was the lag like??

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
Just a quick video showing the unit connected to my DragonLink TX and controlling 2 servos attached to the same UHF RX, but one via a Spektrum DX7 the other a Futaba 8FG.

Spektrum and Futaba buddying up - who would have thought it, eh?


(NB: That's a dummy-load on my DragonLink antenna connector)
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
Running without an antenna on your UHF??? Don't want to burn it out also what was the lag like??

Crazy1
I guess you didn't see the bit in brackets underneath the video?

At this stage I would say any lag was barely perceivable, but I'll measure it at the weekend (when I have the equipment) and will report back
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:26 PM
What goes up, must come down
crazy1pilot's Avatar
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
698 Posts
Hehe I see it now thanks for the video!

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
I guess you didn't see the bit in brackets underneath the video?

At this stage I would say any lag was barely perceivable, but I'll measure it at the weekend (when I have the equipment) and will report back
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
RC Farmer
Farmer_Joe's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
413 Posts
I have tried this with frsky receiver and PPM out to TSLRS... But i failed, the range of frsky in my case was reduced to 0,5-2m it looked like it doesn't like to be connected directly to LRS.

If i put the same receiver on the LRS with servo connected it worked without problem.

Edit: You allso lose the ability to change the output power in case of emergency.
Farmer_Joe is offline Find More Posts by Farmer_Joe
Last edited by Farmer_Joe; Apr 11, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Hooks's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Joe View Post
I have tried this with frsky receiver and PPM out to TSLRS... But i failed, the range of frsky in my case was reduced to 0,5-2m it looked like it doesn't like to be connected directly to LRS.

If i put the same receiver on the LRS with servo connected it worked without problem.

Edit: You allso lose the ability to change the output power in case of emergency.
Can you explane your setup a little better. I guess you are not using the FPVlongrange repeater system?
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:36 PM
RC Farmer
Farmer_Joe's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
413 Posts
No, but all frsky receivers have combine PPM out... i feed this in TSLRS transmitter. Everything works but range on frsky in drastically reduced.
Farmer_Joe is offline Find More Posts by Farmer_Joe
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
when do you expect to send your first batch guys?

i cant wait to get into the air with my uhf gear
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,243 Posts
Seems a bit over-kill in extra bits increasing the chances of equipment failure.

I've used an extended PPM cable from the RangeLink to a mast, and an AV cable from GS to goggles. Easier and probably much cheaper!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK - New V2, Professional Grade Long Range FPV System, Always in Stock ! JettPilot FPV Equipment 28301 Today 05:30 AM
Question UHF System Can connect to the 7 Channels Radio System ? RanDavari FPV Talk 7 Nov 15, 2011 10:04 AM
Suggestion Flyinjrc74 repeatedly abusing the feedback system. flyer368 Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Nov 11, 2011 01:22 PM
Discussion Alternative to expensive UHF system fpvguy FPV Talk 1 Sep 19, 2011 11:32 PM
Discussion How do I switch off 2.4 Ghz system when I only want to use UHF system? Voguna FPV Talk 1 Oct 07, 2010 06:16 AM