Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:33 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I wanted to give and update for those who also may experience their C. Storm OSD not showing the overlay data.

The C.S worked great out of the box other than I toasted a 5 volt camera when I wired it into the OSD which has a 12 volt camera output. Once that was replaced things went well for a dozen flights or so.

I got a new 7"screen with RX/DVR (RC800) and was looking for how to set up the screen so I could get the bottom two rows of data to show up. I was in the menu of the C Storm trying to adjust the settings to see if that would help and all of the overlay data disappeared. I was only touching the controller so what ever combination of buttons I touched put it into a self destruct mode. :-)

I did not have a C.Storm/USB link so when I found one of my flying buddies did (Thanks Jeff) we went in and reloaded the firmware. The latest version would load but we couldn't get the controller to work or the GPS to come on, so we went back and loaded the February version of the firmware and the OSD started working again.

We found the screen had to be on PAL in order to get the bottom two rows of data from the plane transmitter but now everything is working. Now I need to remember to make sure the servo direction is corrected before I make my test flights today.
Test flights went well. I did have to reverse one servo. I flew for over 2 hours without a problem.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:56 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Hoofddorp
Joined Jan 2010
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbean View Post
Both of my faulty storms will be replaced. Great service, thanks extraline!
Indeed great service. Thumbs up for Extraline.
Pebbles is online now Find More Posts by Pebbles