Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2008, 11:08 AM
USA, AL, New Hope
Joined Jan 2008
138 Posts
Discussion
Help finding upgrade/DIY project info please!!

Hello!
Im from over in the scratch built airplane foamies forum.I have decided I want to get into electric boats too.It's a sickness Their is NO way Im going to pay $300 for one.I already have brushless motor's,lipo's,esc's and rx/tx gear laying around and am good with my hands so....I was reading THIS thread and it got me going.I might do this very upgrade project but is their more projects like this one out their?I've been skimming through the threads and so far Im suprised that there's not alot of info on different upgrade projects,scratch-built boats and DIY stuff.In fact,I think it would be cool if you guys started a upgrade projects,scratch-built boats and DIY stuff forum.

Thank's
BUZZ!
buzzbait00 is offline Find More Posts by buzzbait00
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2008, 12:29 PM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbait00
Hello!
Im from over in the scratch built airplane foamies forum.I have decided I want to get into electric boats too. I already have brushless motor's, lipo's,esc's and rx/tx gear laying around and am good with my hands so....

I was reading THIS thread and it got me going.I might do this very upgrade project but is their more projects like this one out their?
I think it would be cool if you guys started a upgrade projects, scratch-built boats and DIY stuff forum.
Welcome to the boat forum Buzz
The Motor, Batteries you can use ok in a boat.. The ESC may only have forwards and not reverse, coming from a plane.. and the Tx / Rx is probably on 72mhz (Aircraft frequency) and not 75mhz (land / water based vehicles) so you may have to 'upgrade'.

A lot of people start with the RTR boats, but are unhappy with the performance and so upgrade to better motors, batts and RC equipment. Thats how a lot of boaters start out.. There are a lot of RTR conversions in these forums, its just a case of searching them out.

You will see most of the 'builds' on these threads (Dock talk and especially Scale boats) are scratch builds, where a lot of the running gear and fittings are scratch built... and some of the bits are made from things found around the house and garage.
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup