HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:12 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,111 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Apprentice S with SAFE

Over the weekend there was a guy at my flying field with the new E-Flite Apprentice-S. He had me maiden it for him. Wow. That plane is almost crash proof! Amazingly easy to fly. BTW It was not just his first flight. It was his first flight of an RC plane. Ever! On the third go around he was able to land it. It has 3 modes. The beginner mode will not allow you to roll the plane or make sudden up or down maneuvers. You can only do smooth turns and gradual ascent or decent. Setting 2 is intermediate and 3 is advanced. And if you really get out of control there is a panic button that immediately levels the plane out. And it really works. I set it to the advanced setting and put the plane into a crazy spin. Then I hit the panic button. It instantly leveled the plane out.

It was very cool to see how excited he was to have landed his plane. So much joy in his voice.

I am very impressed with this plane. If you are new to RC flying this is the next best thing to a simulator. Great job Horizon Hobby! You really have something here.

http://www.motionrc.com/e-flite-s-15...-wingspan-bnf/
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by karltrek; Jun 24, 2014 at 12:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts