HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,983 Posts
If you ever get a chance to see his 3 videos <I bought them all> there is a lot to learn from building, trimming, mixing, from foamies. to slicks, to osiris.

http://store.higherplaneproductions....rew-jesky.html
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,844 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I have assembled the old loom ,purchased recently, and have taught myself to weave rugs these past few weeks so that I may then teach/encourage my daughter to learn by doing rather than giving up in frustration.....the curse of having a debilitating learning disorder. At 25, she's watching her brothers and sister make a way for themselves in the world and it's a daily struggle to keep her from becoming more and more withdrawn. I'm hoping this will aid in building her sense of self worth.
Now that would be soo cool! You wont find one of these at every yard sale, and it might take up some plane space, but I would love to learn something like this.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,844 Posts
Parts of this loom came from Northern Europe and are over 200 years old......it was an enjoyable quest putting it together and building all the accessories I needed as well as tying all 450 heddles (the red strings that are hanging from the wooden horizontal rods).....the warp beam is a solid oak log that's 11" in diameter and worked with a spoke shave by hand to near perfection by the original maker! History does indeed come alive!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
All I can say Waldo is if I was there. There'd be a few less pies.

Well I went flying again this morning with the Little MX The winds at ground level were out of the south at 5 mph or so.
Not wanting to fly into the sun I launched my little foamie down wind to the north. I launched her WOT in a 45 degree plus angle. She gained 20 ft very quickly but by the 30 ft mark she was being carried down wind very quickly.
Turning her around into the wind she gain another 30 so foot and the winds were much stronger.
I had to dive in a 45 degree downline to get her back down to the 10, 15 ft mark.
This little plane always hovers better in the wind. I had a blast just putting her in a hover and watch her drift with the wind.
excellent Kerwin and All we have to do Is slightly burn a pie or crumple a crust and its a mistake for the house LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
2 tests for thrust line... Full throttle level flight LOW and when the plane is infront of you, chop the throttle. If the plane climbs, too much down thrust, if it dips, too much up thrust... Testing this inverted at 8 foot off the deck has some pucker factor.
I like the pucker factor, Isn't that why we do this if you really want a good one, build a twipe and don't put 1lb 11 oz's on the nose that'll get your heart pumpin in a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
The PT 19 wing rebuild. I was able to get plans but not actual size templates. Was able to get the manual which had an 8X10 sheet of the templates to scale. So I measured the number one Rib length, which measured 16 inches.
friend of mine had a plotter, so we blew up the 8X10 sheet until the number one RIB measured 17 inches, and printed the entire sheet twice. Looks great, so now I should be able to cut the ribs out to the size they are supposed to be. should be flying it again in no time!!!!
Excellent news here Billd can't wait to see it come together

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Yumm! Good looking pies Waldo.

Q: How do you fit a square pie in a round hole?
A: Yep, you guessed it...one bite at a time!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
That great LOL I'll be passing that one on to the shop LOL

Quote:
Kerwin.....you're the only one flying! Wow!
Waldo, you're a good egg for helping out the family......
Bonjour David22.....Comment allez-vous? Ja vais bein, merci. Quel temps fait-il aujourd'hui?Allez-vous prendre l'avion aujourd'hui? J'espère, mais j'ai tellement de choses à faire. Quoi qu'il en soit ... Je dois y aller .... bonne journée.
It sure seems like he's the only one for sure I hope to get out there one last time this Saturday.
and Thats what family is for inconvienencing each other LOL I'm lucky to have the family around me that I have My own and the Inlaws are all fantastic people and we are always there for each other I am truley Blessed this way for sure.

Il peut aller, je ne sais pas il vous souhaite la bienvenue, 12:15 l'est Standard, pas moi peut-être David, moi aussi, j'espère que j'en ai fini avec mes choses à faire la liste lol aujourd'hui, vous aussi

Happy Thanksgiving à tous les

Quote:
I have assembled the old loom , I'm hoping this will aid in building her sense of self worth.
That thing is beautiful and I'm sure with your hand and instruction your daughters going to love using it with you. I know I'd be making coverings for my planes too LOL

Quote:
Parts of this loom came from Northern Europe and are over 200 years old......it was an enjoyable quest putting it together and building all the accessories I needed as well as tying all 450 heddles (the red strings that are hanging from the wooden horizontal rods).....the warp beam is a solid oak log that's 11" in diameter and worked with a spoke shave by hand to near perfection by the original maker! History does indeed come alive!
lots of history and Work involved but a very cool item indeed
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Maiden of the Big Stik 60. Take off - Check, Trim - check, landing - uh oh!

The plane was setup very nice, flying nice, and engine running nice. The owner flew it about 6 minutes and handed it back to me to land. I did a couple of loops and started some rolls. After the third roll I came out of the roll but the plane kept rolling. I had nothing. The plane kept rolling and the engine stayed at the same speed all the way to a lawn dart.

I think the power connection at the receiver came out. The servos are strong and could have held the control surfaces at the last position.

Very sad. We worked for 22 hours x 2 people and the flight was 8 min.

Oh yea, only mild pressure inverted for the CG.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,451 Posts
Quote:
Bonjour David22.....Comment allez-vous? Ja vais bein, merci. Quel temps fait-il aujourd'hui?Allez-vous prendre l'avion aujourd'hui? J'espère, mais j'ai tellement de choses à faire. Quoi qu'il en soit ... Je dois y aller .... bonne journée.
Are you talking Mexican again

I had to google comprende

Oh ya it's bb not one b. My spealing is bad

Lol
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Wee Wee david wee wee
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wee Wee david wee wee

I understand that and got to do that
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:19 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Very sad. We worked for 22 hours x 2 people and the flight was 8 min.

Oh yea, only mild pressure inverted for the CG.
That SUX..... My first nitro plane, an Eagle 63, made a very simular trip.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,844 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:19 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,983 Posts
Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Thanks Snowy,

To All <except the turkey> have a happy and safe holiday and weekend!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
happy thanks giving.
I played waldo an was up most of the night making pies.
I may go back to bed
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Yea, Happy T-day. I made one punkin pie last night. Turkey breast is in the oven.

Still sulking about the Big Stik. It was worse when I built my Harley Wild Stick 120. I had at least 100 hours in it, all my own. Down on the first flight from lost orientation.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,707 Posts
Wayne bummer on the Maiden but on the bright side it only takes about 1/4 of the time to rebuild it compared to the actual build

Kerwin go back to bed Pie making is harder than kit building lol

A very Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all of you and you families I am Thankful for everything I have, and especially Thankful for all of my Twistaholic family which keeps me laughing all year long.

Let the pie EATING begin
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe