Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 27, 2005, 07:47 AM
Meridian, Idaho USA
Joined Feb 2004
303 Posts
V-tail Slow Stick setup

After reading several post on this subject I have decided to give it a try. The conversion to V-Tail went smoothly. I am using a 3 channel radio with V-Tail mixing, the “Hi-Tec Focus”. I hope this isn’t to ignorant of a question but I have never flown a V-Tail before. How do I set up the control surfaces? I took it out for its V-Tail maiden yesterday and ended up with a broken prop. I had set it up with what seemed a logical set up. For a right turn I had the right control surface going up and the left going down. Well this turns out to be backwards. My thought was this would force the plane into a right hand roll. So now I am confused, could some one please enlighten me on the proper way to fly a V-Tail?
mikeflys is offline Find More Posts by mikeflys
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:12 AM
Bone Breaker
Dallas , Texas, United States
Joined Oct 2002
825 Posts
you're right you got it backwards. left up = right turn....right up = left turn
Lammergier is offline Find More Posts by Lammergier