HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:33 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
"misrepresent the false information", Geeze Pete I am not in the habit of giving the third degree to someone I know and trust. Are you?

.Thirty minutes ago I put dabs of FT on two pieces of $tree, spread it out to cover both surfaces and pressed them together. I know that is not how the directions say to use it as I didn't let it air dry. But you know what, the $tree is now mushy. Makes me wonder if it was really Welders that was used or that the kid didn't read the directions well enough. I'll contact him this evening.
If you don't use a product according to MFG instructions you have no argument.....
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:44 PM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
371 Posts
All I can say is that WMPF and Foam-Tac go great together!
aircontrol is online now Find More Posts by aircontrol
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:49 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,428 Posts
WOW that mini mako looks awesome!!!!!
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
WOW that mini mako looks awesome!!!!!
Glue and planes are thoroughly tested!

Mini Mako Wall Test (1 min 38 sec)
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:20 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
If you don't use a product according to MFG instructions you have no argument.....
Who made an argument. I give up on this, I have done just fine with other products.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
Glue and planes are thoroughly tested!

https://vimeo.com/51316236
Wow!! So that's what they mean when they say "Sticking the Landing"
Holy Cow, BTW you didn't happen to glue the Mini Mako to the side of the building with Foam-Tac did you??? (I know shameless plug) couldn't help myself.
All kidding aside awesome planes and awesome flying, and you are entered in the monthly contest.
Regards
Eric
Beacon adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:16 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac contest Update

the Foam-Tac contest winners will be announced after Election Day, that's next week, so you still have time to get in on this month's contest, Winner will be announced the day after the Elections, so get to "Sticken and Clicken" and don't forget about Beacons' Foam-Tac web site we would like for you to post there also, Yes, it will increase your chances of winning...

Thanks and Good Luck
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:57 AM
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
the Foam-Tac contest winners will be announced after Election Day, that's next week, so you still have time to get in on this month's contest, Winner will be announced the day after the Elections, so get to "Sticken and Clicken" and don't forget about Beacons' Foam-Tac web site we would like for you to post there also, Yes, it will increase your chances of winning...

Thanks and Good Luck
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Where is the Foam-Tac wed site, can you give us a link?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
www.foam-tac.com

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:37 AM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Point of fact...the original poster, a beacon rep, advises using foam tac in a means othe than that described in the instructions.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:22 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,510 Posts
This comes from the FoamTac Site (I don't see any difference in what the reps said vs the instructions that are on the web)

http://www.foam-tac.com/home.aspx

Helpful Hints / Directions
HELPFUL HINTS
Less is more! Apply a thin line of Foam-Tac to surfaces; add more only if needed.
Foam-Tac's bond "welds" foam together for making invisible butt-joints & seams. Once cured, bond is stronger than the foam itself.
Great for reattaching broken ailerons.
Won't glue fingers together - not a cyanoacrylate.
Never leaves any residue on surfaces.

DIRECTIONS
All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dust and grease.
Remove white cap & save for storage. Screw on applicator tip & snip.
Apply a thin layer of glue to each side of materials to be joined.
Wait a few seconds and then firmly press parts together and immediately separate for 4-5 seconds more. Rejoin parts, firmly pressing surfaces together for a permanent bond.
Allow to dry for 20-30 minutes for a strong bond with a full cure within 24 hours or less.
ALWAYS REPLACE THE FLAT WHITE CAP AFTER EACH USE TO KEEP GLUE FROM THICKENING

Foam-Tac Usage.mp4 (1 min 14 sec)
!

Old_Foam-Tac.mov (2 min 36 sec)
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:58 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
This comes from the FoamTac Site (I don't see any difference in what the reps said vs the instructions that are on the web)
I have three tubes of the original Foam Tac and a partial left. The instructions on the card say to "put Foam Tac on both pieces and allow to air dry for 10 -20 minutes then join together." I ended up with a misaligned fuselage because their was no adjustment time and the parts stuck immediately and would not pull apart. I posted this a page or two back and got a reply that you don't need to let it set 10 - 20. Then why is it in the instructions on the card? That question was not answered. I like Foam Tac and will follow the revised instructions. It just would have nice to have had better instructions from the start. I am guessing that the first batch sold to Radical RC that has the new formula but on the old purple card still has the 10 - 20 minute instructions also.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:58 AM
Standing Athwart History
Joined Mar 2011
608 Posts
Quote:

http://www.foam-tac.com/home.aspx

Helpful Hints / Directions
HELPFUL HINTS
Less is more! Apply a thin line of Foam-Tac to surfaces; add more only if needed.
Foam-Tac's bond "welds" foam together for making invisible butt-joints & seams. Once cured, bond is stronger than the foam itself.
Great for reattaching broken ailerons.
Won't glue fingers together - not a cyanoacrylate.
Never leaves any residue on surfaces.

DIRECTIONS
All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dust and grease.
Remove white cap & save for storage. Screw on applicator tip & snip.
Apply a thin layer of glue to each side of materials to be joined.
Wait a few seconds and then firmly press parts together and immediately separate for 4-5 seconds more. Rejoin parts, firmly pressing surfaces together for a permanent bond.
Allow to dry for 20-30 minutes for a strong bond with a full cure within 24 hours or less.
ALWAYS REPLACE THE FLAT WHITE CAP AFTER EACH USE TO KEEP GLUE FROM THICKENING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqctR...ayer_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhW8k...layer_embedded
'Taint what is on the card of the Foam-Tac I bought. Looking at it right here in my hot little hand.

I am not saying it is not the best thing since sliced bread. I do;t know that, as I have yet to use it. Just no need to be obnoxious toward those who are using it off-card...since folks who claim to be from the manuf are also suggesting it be used in a means outside that which is prescribed on the material that comes with the product.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:02 AM
Standing Athwart History
Joined Mar 2011
608 Posts
Another question on usage:

How about joining/laminating sheets of FFF/blucor for, say, a KFm airfoil? Is it better than Gorilla glue for that, which foams up and fills voids?
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:16 AM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I have three tubes of the original Foam Tac and a partial left. The instructions on the card say to "put Foam Tac on both pieces and allow to air dry for 10 -20 minutes then join together." I ended up with a misaligned fuselage because their was no adjustment time and the parts stuck immediately and would not pull apart. I posted this a page or two back and got a reply that you don't need to let it set 10 - 20. Then why is it in the instructions on the card? That question was not answered. I like Foam Tac and will follow the revised instructions. It just would have nice to have had better instructions from the start. I am guessing that the first batch sold to Radical RC that has the new formula but on the old purple card still has the 10 - 20 minute instructions also.
Almost every glue i use has different ways to be used and most are not whats printed on the bottle . I use elmers Rubber cement like the foam tac instruction you posted . Sometimes i put GG in a container with water and let it foam before applying . It can be hard to write all the ways to use something on a little package . Experimenting with scraps is something we should all learn and remember to do .
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor