Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 30, 2014, 12:21 PM
1sq
United States, CA, Imperial Beach
Joined Mar 2013
1,254 Posts
I went thru the first page and did not find anything about CPPM connection.
Does this board/code have CCPM to enable?
1sq is offline Find More Posts by 1sq
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2014, 12:24 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGibbage View Post
@e_lm_70, you posted your reply while I was typing mine. Are you saying that it *IS* ok to use the UBEC from one of my ESCs to power the FC?
If you have a quad and no servo gimbals ... there is no issue on power control board and rx with one of the 4 BEC included in the ESC, the other 3 is better to remove the red line for avoid to make them to fight each other ... but it is a minor issue ... if you have 4 identical ESC putting them all the 4 BEC of the 4 ESC in parallel will not cause much of waste or extra heat

Different story is for a tricopter, the digital servo needed for yaw can do a lot of mess in the power line, this I don't suggest to put in parallel to the power line used by the control board
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old May 30, 2014, 12:25 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq View Post
I went thru the first page and did not find anything about CPPM connection.
Does this board/code have CCPM to enable?
Yes ppm is supported ... if I recall right it is A0 the connection

At multiwii side, there is something to uncomment in config.h for enable ppm
Old May 30, 2014, 12:35 PM
1sq
Joined Mar 2013
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Yes ppm is supported ... if I recall right it is A0 the connection

At multiwii side, there is something to uncomment in config.h for enable ppm
I'll look in the config.h for it.
Care to point me to the A0 connection? I don't see that writting anywhere on the board. I see A10 which i believe is the throttle?
Old May 30, 2014, 12:42 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq View Post
I'll look in the config.h for it.
Care to point me to the A0 connection? I don't see that writting anywhere on the board. I see A10 which i believe is the throttle?
Just double check my x900 that use this board ... it is A8 ... sorry not A0
Old May 30, 2014, 01:30 PM
1sq
Joined Mar 2013
1,254 Posts
/**************************** PPM Sum Reciver ***********************************/
/* The following lines apply only for specific receiver with only one PPM sum signal, on digital PIN 2
Select the right line depending on your radio brand. Feel free to modify the order in your PPM order is different */
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,10 ,11 //For Graupner/Spektrum
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,10 ,11 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,10 ,11 //For Multiplex
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,10 ,11 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

// Uncommenting following line allow to connect PPM_SUM receiver to standard THROTTLE PIN on MEGA boards (eg. A8 in CRIUS AIO)
#define PPM_ON_THROTTLE

Above is what i commented and connected a PPM set RX to A10 (throttle) and i can''t even arm the board. I tried the A8 also and no luck.

On a diffrent note i connected my $18 UBLOX? GPS from witepsy and Bluetooth/ez gui is not showing satellite number even after 10 minutes powered on. It stays 0 sattelite.

I'm looking at the board now and there is a blue LED (3) dimely blinking. Is that GPS 3d lock?

Oh now GPS is working! On android app+BT, FC is showing 9 sat and android showing only 7 sat lock.

Now i just need to figure out the CPPM.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:21 AM
Joined May 2014
1 Posts
Are the pinouts different on MW 2.3 or same as 2.2? I just started quadcopters and a senior member told me not to update to 2.3 because pinouts are different.
Mkkhattak is offline Find More Posts by Mkkhattak
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:39 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkkhattak View Post
Are the pinouts different on MW 2.3 or same as 2.2? I just started quadcopters and a senior member told me not to update to 2.3 because pinouts are different.
Only for tricopter and some servo there is a difference as far as I know ... still I'm running 2.2 on this, 2.3 only on different boards
Old Jun 28, 2014, 04:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Look at function "void mixTable()" in "output.ino"

Later you should see:
Code:
    #ifdef TRI
      motor[0] = PIDMIX( 0,+4/3, 0); //REAR
      motor[1] = PIDMIX(-1,-2/3, 0); //RIGHT
      motor[2] = PIDMIX(+1,-2/3, 0); //LEFT
      servo[5] = constrain(conf.tri_yaw_middle + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW], TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN, TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX); //REAR
    #endif
Change into

Code:
    #ifdef TRI
      motor[0] = PIDMIX( 0,+4/3, 0); //REAR
      motor[1] = PIDMIX(-1,-2/3, 0); //RIGHT
      motor[2] = PIDMIX(+1,-2/3, 0); //LEFT
      if (f.ARMED)
      {
        servo[5] = constrain(conf.tri_yaw_middle + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW], TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN, TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX); //REAR
      }
      else
        servo[5] = conf.tri_yaw_middle;
    #endif
Have been looking around for this, thank you!
philsson is offline Find More Posts by philsson