HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
Muncie, Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
332 Posts
Discussion
Nemesis EF-1 Kits coming back to Market!!!!

I am happy to announce that Red Jensen's Nemesis EF-1 kit will be available again. Red has graciously allowed me to add the Nemesis EF-1 to my growing list of EF-1 kits.

The kit will be very similar to what Red offered. The short kit will include the following:

The kit includes:

• Laser cut balsa & lite ply fuselage and tail assemblies
• Laser cut 1/16" balsa wing skins
• Blue foam cores with wing tube hole cut and servo pockets routed
• Ĺ”dia. x 12" x 0.050" wall Carbon fiber wing tube
• Fiberglass cowl
• Fiberglass wheel pants
• Carbon fiber/Fiberglass canopy
• Laser cut aluminum landing gear

Plans, Illustrated instruction manual, & Nemesis decal artwork will be emailed upon kit order.

Introductory short kit price will be $135

I will as I do on the Wagner Solution offer pre-sheeted wings upon request. This will add $60 to the Kit Cost. Wings will have tube reinforcements preinstalled & servo hard points installed as well.

Please let me know who is interested. I have ordered a few sets of laser parts and will be molding parts this week. I plan to be ready to ship soon.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, IN
Iceman67 is online now Find More Posts by Iceman67
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:54 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Woot! Great job Archie. I am relieved that the kit is in your more than capable hands so I can concentrate on doing what I like the most, designing new models.

It was tough to hang up production, but it's just not my thing. I still get a couple of guys a week looking for kits, so I knew I couldn't just walk away. I've seen Archie's work (I cut the Wagner prototypes) so I knew he was the right guy for the job.

Big thanks to you for taking this on!

Red
Alien_Tech is offline Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:03 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
Very exciting, I was upset I did not get in on that last batch. Do you have an estimated idea of when these might be available to ship?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:09 AM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Guys, Archie didn't say so, but I think it is worth mentioning that these kits will have the updated SD8065 airfoil.

Archie and I talked about this a year or so ago and I built mine with the new wings and really like the way it flies.

Also for those of you who already have a Nemesis, I'm sure Archie could be talked into providing wing upgrades. Very simple to do with slip on wings.

Red
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:27 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
I have been wanting one of these for some time, then I pre ordered a E Flite Shoe String, and thought I was good... However seeing it announced now, makes me want one again.

Count me in! Keep us updated to the details or PM me with the particulars.

This is aweseome!
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:02 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
New airfoil

Hows the new airfoil differ from the current one I have from Red?
Thanks
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
Hows the new airfoil differ from the current one I have from Red?
Thanks
High point is a little further back, and it's optimized for the thicker (1/16") trailing edge. To me it feels like it corners a little harder and "might" be a bit faster in the straight as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Does the revised airfoil require resubmission for approval to NMPRA?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
I still consider myself relatively new to kit building; is sheeting a wing a difficult process, or is it similar to covering and just takes a little practice? I think I am in for the kit, if it is much more difficult, I will end up ordering the sheeted wings from you as well.

This appears to be a relatively easy assembly with few parts, is that an accurate assumption? I have only put small Guilliows kits together, do you think this would be a suitable next project for me?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Does the revised airfoil require resubmission for approval to NMPRA?
Nope. Airfoils are not governed except for meeting minimum thickness requirements which it does.

Here is a snippet of the rule specifics:

Airfoil thickness: Minimum one-inch (25.4 mm) at the wing center section, and shall be
measurable by the use of a “no-go” minimum thickness gauge at the closest point to the
center of the wing as possible. In the case of non-removable or two-piece wings, the
measurement shall be taken at the point closest to the fuselage that the measurement
gauge can be utilized. Thickness shall progress uniformly in a straight line or convex
taper from the point of maximum airfoil thickness measurement to within 2” (51 mm) of
the wingtip and shall have a minimum airfoil thickness of .5” (12.7mm) within 2” (51
mm) of the tip. The outboard 2 inches (51 mm) of the wing may utilize an alternate, but
uniform, thickness taper or contour.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Alien_Tech; Nov 30, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:03 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I still consider myself relatively new to kit building; is sheeting a wing a difficult process, or is it similar to covering and just takes a little practice? I think I am in for the kit, if it is much more difficult, I will end up ordering the sheeted wings from you as well.

This appears to be a relatively easy assembly with few parts, is that an accurate assumption? I have only put small Guilliows kits together, do you think this would be a suitable next project for me?
Sheeting the wing is different, but not difficult. Archie does a very nice job of sheeting if you want to have him go that route. I have him building a wing for me as we speak.

I spent a great deal of time getting the kit to assemble as effortlessly as possible. While I am not cutting the kit anymore, the files are accurate and I see no reason that anything would change. You can assemble a large portion of it "dry" in your hands before commiting to glue. I am biased but I can build a full fuse in a relaxed evening of building. :-)

Red
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:03 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech View Post
Nope. Airfoils are not governed except for meeting minimum thickness requirements which it does.
Thanks Red! Hopefully the new kits retain the lazer etched Alien Tech inside, paying homage to the originator

Bauman, you can do it! I sheeted foam wings way back on a Sig 450 Mustang Pylon Racer, and then glassed them. If I can do it, you certainly can
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
Okay I am in... just tell me when/where to send ppal or CC info
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:12 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Okay I am in... just tell me when/where to send ppal or CC info
Just shoot a PM to Iceman (Archie)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
Racing Enthusiast AMA 3557
United States, MO, Sedalia
Joined Sep 2011
665 Posts
JetMech2002 is online now Find More Posts by JetMech2002
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JetMech2002; Mar 01, 2012 at 09:12 PM.