HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 01, 2015, 07:44 PM
Joined Mar 2013
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Mini-HowTo
New to RCG and selling/buying? (STOP scammers)

As a quick how too. Feel like you are getting the bad end of the stick, from your post for sale? Are you an honest person and want the group to stop harassing you for being new, having your account since 1AM and starting to sell at 1:01AM? Don't have enough posts or feedbacks to help ease the minds of the potential buyer! Well then fear no more, put a nice sticky in the scene of your item, having your details like name and date in your picture. This will greatly reduce the stress of your sale. Not a total fool proof way, you may still get questioned, but honest people don't mind questions and surely don't delete posts to cover up.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post30934291

Buyers, say no to the Paypal "gift payments" You cannot retrieve that money, ever. If you don't feel like the seller isn't doing his or her part, then start a PP dispute. The worst that will happen is you receive the item an then you cancel the dispute. Everybody wins right?

As always, if you are wronged or have concerns, post your thoughts in TT. (trader Talk)
UH_60_UAS is online now Find More Posts by UH_60_UAS
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by UH_60_UAS; Mar 01, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:21 PM
Need more white gorrilla glue.
United States, KY, Paducah
Joined Feb 2015
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
I have done exactly this when I was new at the Traxxas forum. I was selling 2 smax nitro trucks. The buyers wanted proof they ran and looked as I claimed.

I took a video of both of them running WITH a sticky note on each one with the BUYERS screen name on each. NOTHING proves it better than a picture or video of a sticky note on it of what the BUYER requests you write on it.

To the buyers:
If they refuse, move on. There is no reason to refuse. In this day and age, if they are posting on the internet, they can also post pictures or videos.
Alotoffoamies is online now Find More Posts by Alotoffoamies
Last edited by Alotoffoamies; Mar 01, 2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: edit wording
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:30 PM
Joined Mar 2013
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Well said. No reason to be in a hurry to get something on here, or anywhere for that matter. Due diligence is needed as "them internets" make it way to easy to clone IPs and to steal money. Remember, someone somewhere is still paying for this.
UH_60_UAS is online now Find More Posts by UH_60_UAS
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:39 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,771 Posts
Trader Rating: 76
We need to 'refresh' this once in a while, to maybe get some attention. Paying with "gift" is exactly like giving your money away...
I think getting too involved in the whys and wherefores is confusing to new buyers-note I didn't say noobies there- anyone can be cheated if they use Paypal gift.

There is one guy here that I pay with gift, and I have done for a long time ...Turqui insists on it, because he buys and sell 'as is' items, and he makes that perfectly clear in his ads.

New buyers, thinking they're being helpful in saving the seller a few bucks, will jump at a 'good buy' that is too good to be true...Usually they are saying 'goodbye' to their money.

Just avoid Paypal Gift...Paying the extra 3 percent is the lesser of two evils.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2015, 11:33 PM
Master Deg. of "In Training"
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Jan 2014
692 Posts
Trader Rating: 135
+1..
twco is offline Find More Posts by twco
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Time gets on...
Old Mar 01, 2015, 11:44 PM
AMA 1056027
USA, SD, Huron
Joined Jun 2010
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
We need to 'refresh' this once in a while, to maybe get some attention. Paying with "gift" is exactly like giving your money away...
I think getting too involved in the whys and wherefores is confusing to new buyers-note I didn't say noobies there- anyone can be cheated if they use Paypal gift.

There is one guy here that I pay with gift, and I have done for a long time ...Turqui insists on it, because he buys and sell 'as is' items, and he makes that perfectly clear in his ads.

New buyers, thinking they're being helpful in saving the seller a few bucks, will jump at a 'good buy' that is too good to be true...Usually they are saying 'goodbye' to their money.

Just avoid Paypal Gift...Paying the extra 3 percent is the lesser of two evils.
I agree. The only downfall with PP is they now give the buyer 180 days to really stick it to the seller. Fortunately I have not had to experience that. Still have about 170 days to go.
Dangerous_toys is online now Find More Posts by Dangerous_toys
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Latest Hexacopter Build
Old Mar 02, 2015, 06:39 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
4,404 Posts
Trader Rating: 190
I'm all in!!!!...lets keep this alive....it can't hurt!....I'm all in for stickin it to the Scammers!...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 02, 2015, 07:30 AM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,621 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Count me in as well, a little common sence can stop a lot of these crooks
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Old Mar 02, 2015, 02:57 PM
AMA 8855
United States, CA, Friant
Joined May 2014
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Ama 8855

Quote:
Originally Posted by twco View Post
+1..
+2 E.Earl. I have bought a few items from RCG members. I've even sent a box to retrieve a GP Revolver I bought from Warren. Kasra sold me an excellent Aspera and even with the LPU morning drive it was a bargain. Just a suggestion might be to vet the seller via Serial number. Let's say they are selling a used 7s air mode 2. If it were me I 'd ask for a serial number off the radio and their AMA number. If they don't have or refuse to give it , I pass. Sometimes reluctantly but I pass.
RCG is by no means by itself with the scammer problem as camera websites are rife with abusers and haters. I would not buy a used radio or battery or anything that could potentially crash my plane unless it was demo'd with me present. When and if I sell it will be LPU and cash only. Limits the market but assures a clean deal and both parties go away happy. The gift thing is just stupid unless it's for real. Hobby Queen even preselects that box when you order, be diligent and change it .
Getting caught as scammer carries a huge penalty from the law types as it is after all internet theft. TJE
T J EWING is online now Find More Posts by T J EWING
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:15 PM
FNG
PHX AZ
Joined Jun 2004
56 Posts
Have fun with your sale - I did here. Sold it within a few hours.
k7lro is online now Find More Posts by k7lro
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:23 PM
The New DaVinci
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Oct 2013
566 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J EWING View Post
+2 E.Earl. I have bought a few items from RCG members. I've even sent a box to retrieve a GP Revolver I bought from Warren. Kasra sold me an excellent Aspera and even with the LPU morning drive it was a bargain. Just a suggestion might be to vet the seller via Serial number. Let's say they are selling a used 7s air mode 2. If it were me I 'd ask for a serial number off the radio and their AMA number. If they don't have or refuse to give it , I pass. Sometimes reluctantly but I pass.
RCG is by no means by itself with the scammer problem as camera websites are rife with abusers and haters. I would not buy a used radio or battery or anything that could potentially crash my plane unless it was demo'd with me present. When and if I sell it will be LPU and cash only. Limits the market but assures a clean deal and both parties go away happy. The gift thing is just stupid unless it's for real. Hobby Queen even preselects that box when you order, be diligent and change it .
Getting caught as scammer carries a huge penalty from the law types as it is after all internet theft. TJE
TJ I would not have a problem if the item had serial #'s or a pic of it with my name and such on it but I have ever been a member of the AMA but I do have some proof that I am an honest person lol
Magoo76 is online now Find More Posts by Magoo76
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:51 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,771 Posts
Trader Rating: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7lro View Post
Have fun with your sale - I did here. Sold it within a few hours.
Did every body see that? How EASY was that, to be so upfront ?-
No question that you put it out there, just as has been suggested for a long time.Name and Date....great !
Are you waiting for it to be delivered, for a Trader rating ?
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:59 PM
FNG
PHX AZ
Joined Jun 2004
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Did every body see that? How EASY was that, to be so upfront ?-
No question that you put it out there, just as has been suggested for a long time.Name and Date....great !
Are you waiting for it to be delivered, for a Trader rating ?
I suppose. I emailed the buyer a picture of the Fed Ex receipt and added his email (and mine) for status, exception and delivery emails.

The buyer's in Ohio - delivery should occur on Friday but it wouldn't surprise me if it's late due to the weather.

This is my first sale here but it ain't my first rodeo - and my reputation is very important to me.
k7lro is online now Find More Posts by k7lro
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:31 PM
AMA 1056027
USA, SD, Huron
Joined Jun 2010
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 185
Here is how it's done.............................http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2360405
Dangerous_toys is online now Find More Posts by Dangerous_toys
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Latest Hexacopter Build
Old Mar 03, 2015, 02:29 AM
AMA 8855
United States, CA, Friant
Joined May 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo76 View Post
TJ I would not have a problem if the item had serial #'s or a pic of it with my name and such on it but I have ever been a member of the AMA but I do have some proof that I am an honest person lol
Hey Magoo. I want to believe everyone is honest. But it ain't so. AMA membership just gives me a better feel for the person I'm working with. Old guys have old ways you know ? Those are just my guidelines maybe not another's .

TJE
T J EWING is online now Find More Posts by T J EWING
Closed Thread