HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2015, 07:45 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,304 Posts
Just emailed jaebeex2 my favorite ebay seller for the V120D02S parts:
I have you as a favorite seller, thanks for your great stock of parts for the V120D02S. But have a question. What is your opinion for in the future still being able to get stock parts from Walkera or who ever you get them from for the V120D02S?
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,797 Posts
I noticed some discussion on the brain Fylbarless controller.
I have one on a 500 and it is an excellent unit. I would beware of the bail out feature. there has been a lot of discussion and testing on HeliFreak that is does not always work as expected. I have my disabled.
I had a bad experience testing an A3Super by Eagle on a supercub airplne. It worked ok the first several times I turned it on, but the lasttime in level flight, it pinned all the control surfaces one way causing the plane to become totally uncontrollable. I hit the switch to disable the feature, but it never seemed to allow TX control to take over resulting in a total writeoff of the plane.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,084 Posts
Since I have bad servo in my V120 and want a few back up items ordered from C/J. Gear set for rebuild seems way to tight and will revisit that ladder. No biggie but real lucky so far and pay for my Stupids. I have downsized a considerable amout as bigger is better. Springtime here is awesome. My goal is to field four 450's by mid spring. By summer have Blade 500D flying.
V120 is just a nice heli for me and still fly micros, but much reduced level.
I will not forget my micros and should get a few more years out of them no matter what makers do. Some are now bl and know what makes them tick. A Few will go into skunk works and will smoke much of whats out there now, but point is moot. When you think small you fly small. Happy landings/
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Just emailed jaebeex2 my favorite ebay seller for the V120D02S parts:
I have you as a favorite seller, thanks for your great stock of parts for the V120D02S. But have a question. What is your opinion for in the future still being able to get stock parts from Walkera or who ever you get them from for the V120D02S?
Reply from my favorite Ebay seller jaebeex2.

Good morning, thank you very much for the business, greatly appreciated!
I would say the V120D02S parts will be available to get from Walkera for several years.
There are several parts I am sold out of and have not restocked but not due to unavailability from Walkera, I have just not restocked.
If you are worried about being able to get parts for it they will be available for years to come.
As you know this stuff is always changing and new models always coming out so they won't be around forever but Walkera will still take orders for parts on models that came out 5 years ago it is just that I have not restocked.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
765 Posts
As FYI, I've posted one of my new V120D02S BNF's in the classified section:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2361743
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
As FYI, I've posted one of my new V120D02S BNF's in the classified section:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2361743
Isn't that more than a brand new one? What I miss?
http://www.hobbyking.com/store/__342...pter_BNF_.html

Awesome to hear continued availability, I got a a year at least to figure out if I like and stock up. Pretty sure I can keep my mini cpbl running till the board fails
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,084 Posts
I don't think there is shortage of parts. I think vendors just want to sell off stock they have. Quads are hot ticket now. Vendors may not want to invest in heli parts. Plus Walkera has nothing to say about anything makes it even worse.
I have asked HH about some items and no reply. Same with JR America or get a non answer. If you have a certain bird you like and worried if parts will be around it could not hurt to get some spares. You need not go crazy but gears/ drive shafts etc.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 03:14 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
Isn't that more than a brand new one? What I miss?
it has 3 axis gyro (is this brand new one ?) and another two batteries. Bit overpriced I think. Maybe I missed something else ? Why was the gyro replaced ?
jamichx is online now Find More Posts by jamichx
Last edited by jamichx; Today at 03:21 AM.
Old Today, 06:39 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
it has 3 axis gyro (is this brand new one ?) and another two batteries. Bit overpriced I think. Maybe I missed something else ? Why was the gyro replaced ?
Ah, I forgot the newer one was 6 axis.

My first was 3 axis and the board just leaned left, even when swash was pushed as far right as it would physically go. Board returned but rc711, they test and admitted it was wonky but never gave me another. Got a refund of $25, shame it cost me £40 for a 6 axis board from the UK to replace it.
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Today, 09:12 AM
Joined Aug 2014
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I used new gear set from CJ on V120D02s. Elevator servo and its close but different from original. Spline and part that exits for arm is longer. Checked and rechecked and gears are very tight. Other servo arms move smooth and easy. so either I have set thats a tad different or ?? changed main big gear set and top one on other post. Gears line up lubed them with white PTFE gease and no help.
I can not see this working being this tight. Heli was bought last summer.
I have noticed the same thing , replacement gears are way too tight. Only replace the broken gears, keep as many of the WK gears as possible, those are much better.
The output spline shaft is longer, but it works. I alos found that lubrication is not the issue.
sp.nn is offline Find More Posts by sp.nn
Old Today, 11:31 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
787 Posts
Yes those replacement gears are not as good as original WK ones. I had the same problem when I replaced gears. Just too tight but at the end it did work ok. Its a shame you cant buy original ones.
Old Today, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
765 Posts
I've used the Airy replacement gears from Terrance for years and while they might be tighter in some cases (but not all), they're much more resistant to stripping than the originals. That makes them better. Also, if/when you move to a 180 CFX, the output spline is identical to the original.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Today, 11:50 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
787 Posts
Hi, are these parts all compatible for v120d02s ?

http://www.modelhobby.sk/index.php?r...roduct_id=5185

http://www.modelhobby.sk/modely-vrtu...stovej-vrtulky

http://www.modelhobby.sk/modely-vrtu.../sada-lozisk_2

its v120d02s compatibility with 4*6 S , 4G6, v120d02 ?

thanks