HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2006
55 Posts
I would like to see mainly the battery voltage and maybe RF performance included in a variety of RX's not necessarily all the RX's. This feature is included in the Futaba 18MZ. Now I know everyone will harp on about the cost difference etc. but the RX for that radio is not any more expensive than say a 9 channel Spektrum RX and the Futaba unit is still small.
dale69101 is offline Find More Posts by dale69101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:52 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale69101 View Post
I would like to see mainly the battery voltage and maybe RF performance included in a variety of RX's not necessarily all the RX's. This feature is included in the Futaba 18MZ. Now I know everyone will harp on about the cost difference etc. but the RX for that radio is not any more expensive than say a 9 channel Spektrum RX and the Futaba unit is still small.
Not only for the 18MZ, this receivers with battery voltage telemetrie also works on other Futaba transmitters as f.i. the FF10CG without any modification.
danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:06 AM
Fort Wayne, In
Joined Jul 2004
49 Posts
Received my DX18 from HobbyHut 2 business days after I ordered. Very satisfied and thanks to this board for introducing me to them.

Coming from a 9503 so now I have to set up all my planes from scratch as I understand it.

Thanks!!

Dave
djstar is offline Find More Posts by djstar
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:19 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2009
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstar View Post
Received my DX18 from HobbyHut 2 business days after I ordered. Very satisfied and thanks to this board for introducing me to them.

Coming from a 9503 so now I have to set up all my planes from scratch as I understand it.

Thanks!!

Dave
have you check if your DX18 has the problem of the display???
rillo75 is online now Find More Posts by rillo75
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
Fort Wayne, In
Joined Jul 2004
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillo75 View Post
have you check if your DX18 has the problem of the display???
Not yet... will check now.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:27 AM
Fort Wayne, In
Joined Jul 2004
49 Posts
I went to the servo setup screen and the display seems rock solid. Not sure how long you have to stare at it to notice the problem... will keep playing with it and let everyone know if I notice anything but so far so good.

Dave
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
Fly low, fly fast.
United Kingdom, Scotland
Joined Dec 2005
63 Posts
Got my DX18 the other day and just trying to set up my 111" Maule.

I have flaps aswell as ailerons and use the former as they are designed but I sometimes like to have the flaps mix in with the ailerons. On my JR 12x this was relatively straight forward with just an switchable aileron -> flap mix but on the DX18 I can only get them moving in syncro in one direction.

Anyone got any ideas? At the moment I've got AIL -> RFLP
Reaps is offline Find More Posts by Reaps
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.act View Post
Not only for the 18MZ, this receivers with battery voltage telemetrie also works on other Futaba transmitters as f.i. the FF10CG without any modification.
Im sorry, but I think you are mistaken.

Currently FASSTEST receivers only work with the 18MZ, the only receiver that can do what you say is the hybrid FASST/FASSTest receiver and you can only see telemetry if you get the FASSTest display box.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:50 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
Try to LFL instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
Got my DX18 the other day and just trying to set up my 111" Maule.

I have flaps aswell as ailerons and use the former as they are designed but I sometimes like to have the flaps mix in with the ailerons. On my JR 12x this was relatively straight forward with just an switchable aileron -> flap mix but on the DX18 I can only get them moving in syncro in one direction.

Anyone got any ideas? At the moment I've got AIL -> RFLP
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
Fly low, fly fast.
United Kingdom, Scotland
Joined Dec 2005
63 Posts
Lfl isn't available in the slave list
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Fly low, fly fast.
United Kingdom, Scotland
Joined Dec 2005
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Try to LFL instead.

Here's the spm file, at the moment the mix is removed with just flaps enabled.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
Here's the spm file, at the moment the mix is removed with just flaps enabled.
Thanks. Looks like it might be a bug. I'm going to record it for investigation. Thanks. For some reason the mix editor apparently thinks that the left aileron was mapped somewhere (you can't mix to mapped channels).

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:39 PM
Fly low, fly fast.
United Kingdom, Scotland
Joined Dec 2005
63 Posts
Ahh I moved the channel in the system menu to save me having to rewire the reciever. Ill try changing the physical connection when I get home although I would have thought the transmitter knows where everything is.

Thanks,

Colin
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
Yup, that was it.

I just made a new model with the same wing/tail and it works.

You need to un-map the channels. Create the mix to LAL first, THEN do the mapping. As long as you don't edit the slave channel on the mix screen after the mapping, you can adjust the rates just fine.

If you do it in this sequence all will be well.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Thanks Freechip, but I would still like to know if any delay is preprogrammed in to the software for normal to idle up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's on the Throttle Cut screen when you are editing the Hold curve. Set it for the delay you want.

Andy
I cannot find much info about this, just by reading this sounds a creative place to define normal to idle up delay. Any heli pilots there to test this feature, how is it?

As with the delay, also the next feature is more needed in a F3C type of flying. The hovering manouvers require easily 12 or more pitch/throttle curve points. Andy, would it be possible to increase the amount from seven? Right now F3C pilots need to stick hideously expensive transmitters for this feature. Even having nine points would be great.

Third one, I have never used the training features, can I connect dx18 to a dx7 for training?
Antiloop is offline Find More Posts by Antiloop