SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2005, 05:21 PM
Xenobiotic Liaison
Tempe, AZ
Joined Jan 2005
684 Posts
Plans for Cessna SkyMaster

I'd very much like to find a set of plans for this airplane. I've searched the forums and while there are many mentions, I have yet to find a plan set (either commercial or public domain).

Ideally, this would be an electric powered, "relative" scale with a full fuse (I'm not fond of the profile types).

Ideally, a nice, proven (foamie) commerical plan that I can DL would be wonderful, but at this point ANY plan would be great.
geoffbeneze is offline Find More Posts by geoffbeneze
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2005, 07:52 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,618 Posts
You might try picking up a Dumas RP kit, and work with the plans & patterns from it, to get the drawings you need.

As far as I know, the MixMaster hasn't had a ot of attention from the modeling field. The most common 337s are the Dumas kit, and the Royal kit (which is huge, heavy and cumbersom to build.)
challenger_i is online now Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 12, 2005, 08:33 PM
Xenobiotic Liaison
Tempe, AZ
Joined Jan 2005
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger_i
You might try picking up a Dumas RP kit, and work with the plans & patterns from it, to get the drawings you need.

As far as I know, the MixMaster hasn't had a ot of attention from the modeling field. The most common 337s are the Dumas kit, and the Royal kit (which is huge, heavy and cumbersom to build.)
At that, it would be worth it. The entire rubber powered kit costs in the range of what I'd be willing to pay for PLANS, AND I'd get to built the kit (I love building). More than anything, it gives me a full template to enlarge from.

Thanks for the lead/tip!
Old Mar 12, 2005, 08:37 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
There was an alpha kit done by Zeke Brubaker - here on the forums - I have one of the original kits.. You may want to look him up..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:29 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,618 Posts
About how big a MixMaster did you have in mind?
challenger_i is online now Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:45 PM
Xenobiotic Liaison
Tempe, AZ
Joined Jan 2005
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger_i
About how big a MixMaster did you have in mind?
At this point in the mental "casting about" I hadn't really made any decision. In general, the planes I've most liked have been in the 36"-60" range.

The Skymaster is just one of those shapes that appeals and never seems (at least to my mind) to get old.

Double the Dumas model would give me 34'ish. That might do it, or I could still get the while hare and want to go 48-60.

Isn't senility a bitch (G)
Old Mar 13, 2005, 03:12 AM
DS
Belgium
Joined Sep 2001
301 Posts
Plans

After doing my version of zbrubakers skymaster (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=17&pp=15 half down the page, including a link to a "crapy" video of maiden flight) I wanted to have a more scale result (and as such I needed some plans). I have been looking all over the web for any sort of plan for this aircraft ... almost without success.

Finally found one for an O2 at Nexus (modelflying.co.uk) reference number is 1713.
Cessna 02-A (RC1713)

The plan comes on 2 sheets. Haven't measured the wingspan yet.
It is meant for a single IC engine (no rear motor, only a dummy spinner).
I plan to convert it to twin something. I have not yet figured out if I will scan the plan and resize it for twin speed300 (or brushless outrunners), or resize it for geared 400 (or mega 16/15/6).

Note that I ordered the set of plans around 20th january. Days and weeks passed, still no plans. So I emailed the company ... a second set has been sent ... weeks later, still no plans. This week I emailed them again, and they have sent a third set. Just got it last friday.
DS is offline Find More Posts by DS
Last edited by DS; Mar 13, 2005 at 03:20 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 05:35 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,761 Posts
There is a glass kit of this airplane out there- think it was for 2 .40s -but it could be a bit smaller. I know somebody's done an e-version- think it's a Czech kit- check JR or HVP models.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Mar 14, 2005, 01:37 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,041 Posts
I converted the Kondor Models Skymaster kit to electric. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=skymasterave
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:39 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,761 Posts
I screwed up- web site is www.jr-models.cz yes, they have a Mixmaster for a pair of Speed 400s, not .40s. (senility) Might have to go direct- might get away with trying Dymond though.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:48 PM
Xenobiotic Liaison
Tempe, AZ
Joined Jan 2005
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
Finally found one for an O2 at Nexus (modelflying.co.uk) reference number is 1713.
Cessna 02-A (RC1713)

Note that I ordered the set of plans around 20th january. Days and weeks passed, still no plans. So I emailed the company ... a second set has been sent ... weeks later, still no plans. This week I emailed them again, and they have sent a third set. Just got it last friday.
That's not a good indicator. I've send email for the past three days, and all of them are being returned. Hoping it's just a temporary outage. This looks like the way I'm trying to go.
Old Jul 08, 2005, 06:34 AM
This is the last one.....
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Nov 2004
38 Posts
I've checked the links in this thread and cannot find plans.

Does anyone know of a electric kit for this type of aircraft (Cessna Skymaster)??
pnh555 is offline Find More Posts by pnh555
Old Jul 08, 2005, 07:59 AM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
887 Posts
zbrubaker is working on a beta version that spans 37 inches. He has already flown it and it looks great! Be patient, he'll be bringing this one to market shortly. See post #7 for a link.
imodel is online now Find More Posts by imodel
Old Jul 08, 2005, 08:58 AM
Boston, MA subburb
Joined Sep 2004
1,193 Posts
Check out http://plans.rcmodell.hu/planscal.html- second item on the page. It is in DXF format so you could scale it to any size you wish using a simple CAD program

Alan
Al Offt is online now Find More Posts by Al Offt
Old Jul 08, 2005, 11:48 PM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffbeneze
That's not a good indicator. I've send email for the past three days, and all of them are being returned. Hoping it's just a temporary outage. This looks like the way I'm trying to go.
Geoff,

Did you ever get the plans? I had to wait three months for plans from Nexus once....just once.

Seen the Vid of the updated 0-2/337?
Large One is offline Find More Posts by Large One