HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:54 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakar View Post
Before breakin they don't care after they have been broken in they will have a tendency to arc and run hot if you run them in the opposite direction. I opened one of these motors up and checked to see if there is any advance set on the brushes. There is not. This means that this motor can run in both directions with equal efficiency and power. Now having said that, The motor on the 913 is running backwards in relationship to the springs on the brushes and forwards on the 912. What this means is that a motor which has been run backwards and broken in will care less when it is later run forwards the motor that is broken forwards and broken and than run backwards can shatter the brushes because of brush oscillation. What this means is that if you take a broken in motor from a 913 and place it on a 912 you will be OK but if you take a broken in motor from a 912 and place it on a 913 you can expect trouble.
That makes sense to me. If I ever switch to BL, it won't matter. But for now I plan to use the 370 Super Motor which has replaceable brushes I think. That's after I use the remaining stock or FX052 spares I bought. Whenever I've opened up a brushed motor so far, I've pretty much destroyed them. No chance of replacing anything after that.
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:58 PM
Joined Nov 2013
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darowden View Post
UJtoys.com is cheaper IIRC, and in Houston Texas.
And shipping 100x faster.

Ric...
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
I have noticed a few people have turned the tail motor around on the V911 and then reversed the motor direction, anyone tried this on the V913, not sure whether to give it a go see if it improves the tail hold...
TomHardcastle is offline Find More Posts by TomHardcastle
Old Mar 07, 2014, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2013
28 Posts
Hmmmm,
how's the tail holding on the bl so far Tom.
Pat
patjjrick is offline Find More Posts by patjjrick
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:59 PM
United States, FL, Lake Mary
Joined Aug 2013
285 Posts
Hifinsword thanks, good writing
StarLog is online now Find More Posts by StarLog
Old Mar 07, 2014, 11:16 PM
Joined Nov 2013
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
Linparts.com and feala.com are the only 2 that carry certain parts for the V913. Only difference I've found is feala.com charges less for shipping. I paid $1.90 for a few small parts from feala.com. It was $3.09 for the same part in my cart at linparts.com. What's the shipping cost for IIRC?

Pictures are the same at feala and linparts. Maybe same company?
The cost varies, I always use their free standard shipping (usps first class). I order some gears - about 6usd for each monday and got them today friday. Their prices are a little higher than the asians, but I don't have to wait 3 to 6 weeks. There are lots of usa merchants selling wltoys parts including v912/3.

Ric...
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:01 AM
Nose In Crash Expert.
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Nov 2006
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrist View Post
The cost varies, I always use their free standard shipping (usps first class). I order some gears - about 6usd for each monday and got them today friday. Their prices are a little higher than the asians, but I don't have to wait 3 to 6 weeks. There are lots of usa merchants selling wltoys parts including v912/3.

Ric...
I have also ordered V911 and V912 parts from TechnToys.com.

Another US based WL toys vendor. No quite a cheap, but they ship fast.
darowden is offline Find More Posts by darowden
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:06 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
4,176 Posts
My latest 450 fixed pitch conversion using a V913 head:

Blade 450 Fixed Pitch w/ V913 head Outdoors (7 min 14 sec)
Steve_ is online now Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Our Day at the Park
Old Mar 08, 2014, 09:22 AM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,374 Posts
Mechanical Trimming a Fixed Pitch helo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLog View Post
Hifinsword thanks, good writing
Thanks SL. My writing on mechanical trimming on my blog is a little wordy and a movie would be much better. If it's unclear what I was trying to say, a YT search on mechanical trimming would certainly be better.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:18 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,836 Posts
All I can say is WOW to Steve's 450 heli. Incredibly stable and FAST. That heli is definitely not for a beginner.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Mar 08, 2014, 04:59 PM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
My latest 450 fixed pitch conversion using a V913 head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEFOF...Ji9N7csBLr95Jw
That's a big stepup in power and size - and very sweet mods Steve. I'm definitely not ready for that. I'm still trying to get my 300X off the ground. Someday, someday!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2013
285 Posts
Experimenting today so I had some metal gear servos, put them in, and went to LHS to get longer servo arms. Also, put the blades I had from a Syma S-33, had to drill out 1/32 more to fit.

The servos are backwards, in the system electronically, no way to reverse the signal in the radio. DARN.

So can I swap the wires on the servo, and that reverse the signal.?

Otherwise will have to get the ones from HK

Old Mar 09, 2014, 06:07 PM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLog View Post
Experimenting today so I had some metal gear servos, put them in, and went to LHS to get longer servo arms. Also, put the blades I had from a Syma S-33, had to drill out 1/32 more to fit.

The servos are backwards, in the system electronically, no way to reverse the signal in the radio. DARN.

So can I swap the wires on the servo, and that reverse the signal.?

Otherwise will have to get the ones from HK
It might be cheaper and quicker to try the DH 9116 Tx. You can reverse channels, set end points, etc. You can buy it here for $7:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html

If you need to figure out how to program it, here's the manual.
DH9116 Manual:
http://customers.skymesh.net.au/~mat...ech_manual.pdf

It's the cheapest programmable FlySky Tx I've found. The QC on them is terrible but they will replace them if you find anything wrong. NP sent me an new one because the Rudder trim tab didn't work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2013
285 Posts
Nice but they are out of stock, guess I'll stand in line

BTW when it did get airborne the blade whop was so loud, those blades are kewl.
Last edited by StarLog; Mar 09, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2014
63 Posts
Hey guys, just a question about the brushless motor upgrades, i saw a post (#1795) about a brushless tail conversion kit which i believe was intended for the F45 but should work on the 913. Anybody try this out yet?? Had an unfortunate incident which killed the tail motor on my bird and after receiving my replacement tail motors from BG im having the annoying tail hold issue that others have noticed. Its not the batteries (3) and the last motor was great, i noticed straight out the replacements that arrived didnt have the tension in the pinion gear when you spin it with your fingers as another original motor i still have has. I think BG did it again and sent me the wrong motor?? Either way, i would like to go with the brushless option but was wondering if anybody has tried it? I remember reading some posts about how this kit may not work on our birds that the tail will be wacky?? Anybody??
dan2pkheli is offline Find More Posts by dan2pkheli