HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
BattleDude's Avatar
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Howdy Boys,
This guy will eventually hurt someone if he keeps this up. I know from experience.
When first learning I put my Syma S031G into my right leg. I had a couple abrasions, that went right thru my jeans and long johns, didn't cut my pants which was strange but cut my calf in one spot, and a couple more abrasions, and about 6 large bruises on the side and back(I kinda turned as it was coming at me, and it hit me on the side and back of my RH calf)
I should have took pictures but I didn't.
This T-day I wanted to take my B450 to the church gym that I was lucky enough to be able fly in, but thought about the the Syma incident and knew I would be distracted by half a dozen people.
I decided it would be too dangerous and took only the 120SR.
In retrospect, I am very happy with that decision, the 120 was even hard to fly with 6 people talking to me.
They are not toys, they are helicopters that can and do hurt people.
Flying them that close to a crowd is totally unacceptable.
Just MHO,
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Yea Kyle, that guy is totally irresponcable (sp).
Hey guys, little help please. It has been a long time since I did this. Does the rear motor (upper blades) go on top or bottom of the brick on a lama? I can't remember anymore. LOL
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Hahaha, never mind. I got it. Must have done it too many times in the past. I just did it on automatic. LOL
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:19 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
BattleDude's Avatar
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hahaha, never mind. I got it. Must have done it too many times in the past. I just did it on automatic. LOL
Got er done on auto-pilot did you? GJ lol
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:49 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Yea, well kinda. Motors worked fine. I found another problem tho. Gotta rip it all apart AGAIN. Dang it. This was why I shelved my copters. But, when they fly, they are great. hahaha. Just hate having to take them apart soooo many times to get them right.
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:49 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
BattleDude's Avatar
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Yea, well kinda. Motors worked fine. I found another problem tho. Gotta rip it all apart AGAIN. Dang it. This was why I shelved my copters. But, when they fly, they are great. hahaha. Just hate having to take them apart soooo many times to get them right.
High maintenance machines Lee, kinda like the wife!
I am about ready to shelve her also! JK lol
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:59 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
A friend here on RCG is sending me the two screws I need to fix it. Thanks buddy. I was gonna have to drill out my outershaft to get it right. Now I will wait to get it. I tell ya, I can get pretty sick of working on these copters. But, I get a great joy when they are working properlly. I have four that sit on the shelf just wishin to be in the air. But, they are not what I enjoy to fly. I would rather relax and enjoy a flight ever now and then, than to always be in pucker mode. haha. Pucker mode is ok every now and then. Just not always what I am looking four. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
BattleDude's Avatar
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
A friend here on RCG is sending me the two screws I need to fix it. Thanks buddy. I was gonna have to drill out my outershaft to get it right. Now I will wait to get it. I tell ya, I can get pretty sick of working on these copters. But, I get a great joy when they are working properlly. I have four that sit on the shelf just wishin to be in the air. But, they are not what I enjoy to fly. I would rather relax and enjoy a flight ever now and then, than to always be in pucker mode. haha. Pucker mode is ok every now and then. Just not always what I am looking four. Lee
A person has to love to mechanic to fly helis for sure. The most tempromental things I have ever encountered:
Computers,two stroke engines,helis,women!
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:45 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Haha, try playing a violin!!! Talk about sensitive and tempromental. Hardest instrument I ever tried. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:53 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Playing a violin? How hard can it be? You just blow into the hole, right?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:58 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
haha, that is a recorder. Like a flute, or a windpipe. A violin has four streengs. A fiddle has four stranngs. Get it? hahaha

If I could offer you guys CF inner and outer shafts for the lama v3, v4, cx, 2, and 3, would any of you be interested in buying them? Just wanderin if there is a market for them. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:08 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
BattleDude's Avatar
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Playing a violin? How hard can it be? You just blow into the hole, right?
NO no Silly Bird, you hit them with those wooden sticks! It is one of those preeeecussion instrumeeeents!
Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:21 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,004 Posts
Well, then I just hope you dont forget to plug it in, before you try to play it
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Replacing inner mast Lama V4

Trying to find how to replace the mast with the xtreme extended upgrade, any help available appreciated.
Also, the top rotor doesn't turn, not an issue with the motor - it turns if I pull the mast out a half inch...
thanks
ruairi is offline Find More Posts by ruairi
Last edited by ruairi; Dec 01, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:14 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
haha, that is a recorder. Like a flute, or a windpipe. A violin has four streengs. A fiddle has four stranngs. Get it? hahaha

If I could offer you guys CF inner and outer shafts for the lama v3, v4, cx, 2, and 3, would any of you be interested in buying them? Just wanderin if there is a market for them. Lee
An ukelele has four strings, does that mean you can fiddle it with a drumstick?

Just stringing you up Lee.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why is the "Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Sep 19, 2012 01:28 AM
Discussion general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE! erdnuckel2 Coaxial Helicopters 1711 Mar 18, 2011 06:37 PM
Mini-Review Multiplex Park Master 3d or talk about anything MPX PM3D shockflyyer3d Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 26, 2009 08:51 PM
Discussion Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? lakedude Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 May 14, 2008 09:09 PM
Discussion Thread about anything 400-450 Dragonus doogie Mini Helis 4 Feb 04, 2007 03:46 AM