HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:06 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
631 Posts
Thanks Tom and Rubio. The info is very helpful. I am going to try 1 layer of 3.2oz. for a smoother external finish and 1 layer of 8oz. on the inside to add a little strength. I think this may do it and make it on the lighter side. I guess that you just have to do do a few test runs until you get the right combo for the kind and size of plane you are building. Thanks again.
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:44 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,496 Posts
Fabio, maybe do the first fuse in two halves. Blue tape it together for a trial fit and if it is too flexible, you could reinforce where you need to and still have a useable fuse after you seam it.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,431 Posts
Ok I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin, Monday Norco might be a fun light day. Not huge winds but may be fun.
L.A.R.S. is offline Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
WINDEPENDENT
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.R.S. View Post
Ok I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin, Monday Norco might be a fun light day. Not huge winds but may be fun.
Hmmm mmm
George Morgan?
slopepilot is offline Find More Posts by slopepilot
Old Today, 11:13 AM
I make planes I want to fly
Southern Cal.
Joined Mar 2004
554 Posts
FINALLY got around to finishing my second Zulu! (My first one was lost to a midair with a Spitfire)

Considerably lighter than my first, but it looks like I'm still going to need at least 1.5oz to balance the CG right. Meaning I won't be quite as light as if like, but I think overall it'll still be lighter than my first.

Also; the marking on the right wing is the "Hunter" insignia from the video game "Destiny", for those that care.
Mid7night is online now Find More Posts by Mid7night