HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowWatts View Post
Back in June 2011 there was mention of stick switches being implemented in the next update. Is this a feature we will see in the next update?
The last update was 09 JUly 2011:
Stick Switches "It's like flipping a switch when your stick gets too a certain spot. There is one in Launch mode so for example when you push a little down elevator is shuts off the mix. I'm hoping we can add more in the future, but I can't say for sure if we have the room needed as they take up a fair amount of memory. - Mike "

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Stick Switches "It's like flipping a switch when your stick gets too a certain spot. There is one in Launch mode so for example when you push a little down elevator is shuts off the mix. I'm hoping we can add more in the future, but I can't say for sure if we have the room needed as they take up a fair amount of memory. - Mike "

Alan T.
I am aware of this LAUNCH "ONLY" stick switch. The application is rather limited. There is also a T.Stick in Butterfly, but again limited to this function.

I am referring to "a" assignable stick switch that can be used to turn on or off a mix/condition/function.
EXAMPLE: 6 channel Open class sailplane with Ailerons mixed to Flaps for turning. As the flaps are deployed to land, they still act as Ailerons unless manually switched off. Not a good thing! As the Flaps are deployed a Stick Switch would turn the mix off at some assigned percentage of Flap deployment.

It doesn't matter if we have more than one as mentioned in Mikes July 2011 post, but it would be nice to have just ONE, (1) that can be assigned just like any of the regular switches.

I understand that there have been more important concerns of interference and re-boot time for the receivers, but there have been no updates for the "A9" since July 2011.

Just hoping that we haven't seen the last of the A9 programming updates.
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Last edited by LowWatts; Apr 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
USA, MO, Slater Flying Club
Joined Nov 2007
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
FYI: there are a LOT of FPV flyers that would love to use the Aurora 9, and would, if it had this ability.

I thought I heard this was in the works in a future firmware update.

Any news Hitec folks?
Me too.
Please do!
The Flying Farmer is offline Find More Posts by The Flying Farmer
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
402 Posts
I think it would be safe to say that we have seen the last of the implied updates to the A9 based on the "NEW" model coming out this year.

I'm pleased with the A9 & the communication link it provides me, but disturbed that it seems to be a done deal. I will give a lot of thought to purchasing a new and improved model to get the missing features that were "IMPLIED" we would get.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
My wish list is a discount for the new radio when it comes out for people who have the old radio
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
447 Posts
New Radio? What new radio?
burke757 is offline Find More Posts by burke757
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757 View Post
New Radio? What new radio?
The one referred to here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=20784

and here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=20786

and again here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=20788
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
My wish list is a discount for the new radio when it comes out for people who have the old radio
Can that be done in Software?
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, WA, Camas
Joined May 2009
50 Posts
I love this radio! Here is my list:

1. Beep volume control.

2. 2 stage receiver/flight pack warning. So you can set one tone for getting close, and one for get on the ground now! So for instance, if you want to set one to get you to land after using 80% of the battery capacity, and one to make sure you never dip below 3 volts/cell. And it would be nice, if after it beeps for 5seconds, the volume would drop to half as loud, so it doesn't drive you mad while trying to land.

3. A notes page, so that you can write yourself notes on what each switch does on each model, or write pre-flight notes. That way if you don't fly a particular model for a while, you can see which switch you set to the self destruct function.

4. If the Landing function is really Flaperon, can it just be named Flaperon?

5. During initial model setup, have it ask if you want flaperons.
Skeletool is offline Find More Posts by Skeletool
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:16 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post

Alan T.

That's an easy problem to solve. I don't fly helicopters, give me the option to only have in my tx what I need and Use the free memory to give me what I want.

Lowwatts: what are you looking for is a flight condition triggered by a stick. For example:
If you move the throttle stick back, (b-fly is switching from 0 to 1) and if we could make this a flight condition this radio would be perfect and land sailplanes like no other
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Last edited by fcbflyer; Apr 21, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:41 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbflyer View Post
That's an easy problem to solve. I don't fly helicopters, give me the option to only have in my tx what I need and Use the free memory to give me what I want.

Lowwatts: what are you looking for is a flight condition triggered by a stick. For example:
If you move the throttle stick back, (b-fly is switching from 0 to 1) and if we could make this a flight condition this radio would be perfect and land sailplanes like no other
I was not referring to a Crow or B-fly function where ailerons droop or go up as spoilers when the flaps are deployed.

Ailerons coupled to Flaps for steering during flight, but not active during a Flap controlled landing causing adverse yaw due to this coupling. I have 5 year old radios that will turn off the mix when the flap is deployed at predetermined percentage.

It does not need or require a flight condition as the Aileron to Flap mix in the Sailplane menu can be turned off with a selected switch as designed.
I am a firm believer in the KISS method, so the fewer switches I have to use and remember the better chance I have of not screwing up.
Last edited by LowWatts; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:54 PM
United States, WA, Camas
Joined May 2009
50 Posts
For the landing function, you can adjust the servo speed for the flapperons to go down slowly. Can you also make the servo speed apply when putting the flapperons up?
Last edited by Skeletool; Apr 23, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:41 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
701 Posts
How many of these "wishes" (700+ posts) have been implemented?
Seems the last update (v1.08) was ages ago and nothing since?
Why so slow on the updates?
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old May 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, WA, Camas
Joined May 2009
50 Posts
I have another one.
When using elevons, sometines, in the programming, it considers Elev and Aile as individual servos, and sometines it considers them as functions. So when I tried to do a programmable mix to just one of the servos(Elev), it considered it the elevator function, and both servos would move. It would be nice if you could always choose between the Elevator (or Aileron) function, or the individual servo.
I hope that makes sense.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qm1usn View Post
I would really like a variometer with chirp/tone.....just like the real ones.
YES! This is by far the most important telemetry thingy for glider flying I can think of in addition to the battery voltage we already have. I guess there is some hope to get the hardware in autumn, but as this is software thread, I'd really point out the importance of the audio tone output. Not verbally recited numbers, but a variable tone you don't need to really listen, but just hear to keep track of what's happening.

Another thing I'd like to have but haven't found is an automatic timer (an accurate one, of course, which requires some fixing as well) that would START with the throttle or another control input, but wouldn't stop when the control is returned to the original position. I mean, I could say I have 6 minutes to fly, total, not 6 minutes throttle on.

Third, a way to stop an alarm. If I pull a battery from a model and lose connection, sometimes the telemetry voltage warning comes on. I don't worry that it's intermittent, sometimes it alarms, sometimes not, but if it does, is/should there be a way to silence the alarm without switching off the transmitter?

One thing that I have noticed, the servo monitor on my 1.08 does not seem to follow programmable options like multiple rates. For example, if I have a switch set so that a model has 100% and 60% control rates, when I switch on the servo monitor, it always shows it as 100%. Is this just an user error or something that might need a bit of tweaking in the software? If it worked the way I think is "right", it would help checking things are right when setting up the transmitter with the model itself unavailable.

Also, I'd like to "+1" the requests for mAh counters/alarms at the transmitter if you have both voltage and current measured in the model.

Mika
FlyerMika is offline Find More Posts by FlyerMika