HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2011, 06:54 PM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Hopefully you can turn the piro rate up and still revolve around the main shaft. Looking good so far, it'll feel like a second Quark almost!
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 09:19 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
It seems to fly very smoothly and is pretty quiet for a brushed heli. The piro rate doesn't bother me, the main thing is that it remained in control when pirouetting which was nice to see.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old May 19, 2011, 12:12 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
It seems to fly very smoothly and is pretty quiet for a brushed heli. The piro rate doesn't bother me, the main thing is that it remained in control when pirouetting which was nice to see.
Took the words right out of my mouth. It looks a little like the handling on the Bravo SX, which also does a smooth, but not insanely fast piro, and stays in place while doing it. It's a nice gimmick if your heli can spin like crazy, and it seems to impress a lot of people, but I prefer good tail hold instead. Judging by the vids, especially the one on the store, it holds very well, even when going backwards. Also didn't see the dreaded "pendulum" swing the SR 120 is "famous" for and which needs some stick juggling to compensate for.

Found another vid:

手放しホバ Solo Pro 328 hitec nineeagles 動画 ナインイーグル ハイテック (2 min 48 sec)
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; May 19, 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:40 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I agree, fast pirouetting looks cool in a video but isn't required for fun or effective flying. If I had to choose between pirouette speed or stability I'd opt for stability.

Also noticed the absence of rocking in flight, nice.

I've seen all I need to see, just have to wait for its widespread release.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:51 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
886 Posts
Another couple of vids, although they don't tell us much more - in fact, the first one's barely watchable due to poor camera work.

Either we need a good pilot for a demo, or the thing is inherently tame. A pity Nine Eagles can't borrow Alan Szabo from Align!

屋外フライト Solo Pro 328 vol.1 hitec nineeagles ナインイーグル (1 min 56 sec)

屋外フライト Solo Pro 328 vol.2 hitec nineeagles ナインイーグル (2 min 25 sec)
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old May 19, 2011, 09:09 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranavalona View Post
Another couple of vids, although they don't tell us much more - in fact, the first one's barely watchable due to poor camera work.

Either we need a good pilot for a demo, or the thing is inherently tame. A pity Nine Eagles can't borrow Alan Szabo from Align!
I think the pilots are holding back, even the much smaller Solo Pro can fly faster in stock form. Might be these helis are samples, and since spare parts are not widely available, people are very careful not to break it on the maiden...

In the first vid in this topic you see a snippet of the heli going into FFF and even that snippet shows faster performance than what is shown here.

Might also be the links are still on the short balls on the swash, reducing cyclic throw.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
This looks really stable. And also a lot like the 120SR.
wallydragon is offline Find More Posts by wallydragon
Old May 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I asked a vendor when they were anticipating stock, they informed me that they've seen the heli and were impressed with it but Nine Eagles are holding off release for a few more months, as they are not 100% happy with it yet.

Have no idea how accurate that information is, it's just what I was told.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1991 View Post
So when can we expect this obviously better and cheaper than 120 sr heli? Hopefully next month!!
Obviously how? I love my Blade 120SR after 100's of flights.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old May 19, 2011, 01:06 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
I asked a vendor when they were anticipating stock, they informed me that they've seen the heli and were impressed with it but Nine Eagles are holding off release for a few more months, as they are not 100% happy with it yet.

Have no idea how accurate that information is, it's just what I was told.
Judging by the video snippets so far, I wonder what could be improved? It seems to handle well, very stable tail and holding steady altitude seems like a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Obviously how? I love my Blade 120SR after 100's of flights.
The 120 SR seems like a very nice heli, a lot of people like it. But what if this NE 328 manages to keep the good parts but loose the pendulum effect that the mSR and 120 both suffer from? If they can achieve that, it might surpass the 120 on that terrain. Another terrain that Nine Eagles might gain some advantage is batteries. The more recent batteries for the Bravo SX are very good, so if the lipos for the 328 are also that good, they will certainly surpass the quality of the stock Blade 120 batteries, which I hear most people complaining about, not lasting many cycles, lacking performance, etc.

So despite that the SR 120 seems a very good standard to look up to, it would be a little short sighted to say it can't be improved upon. Whether the 328 will do that, remains to be seen, but just keep it in mind, it can be done.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 02:39 PM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
I'm just over reacting on purpose

But I do wonder sometimes. Why is there so many Blade helis for sale in classified ( TONS OF THEM ), but hardly any nine eagles. Does almost everyone buy blade? Or are they not that good.
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Old May 19, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
there are ton of blades for sale simply because most everyone flocks to them thus a lot of supply, eflite has the market cornered at least in the USA thanks to their distribution channels via LHS and so many evangelists pitching the line... not my cup of tea as i usually go against the mainstream.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old May 19, 2011, 05:28 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Movement authority and wind ability will be much weaker than the 120SR.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 19, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Movement authority and wind ability will be much weaker than the 120SR.
Erm..............because?
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old May 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Bell linkage with 45 offset, trailing flybar that damps movement versus Bell-Hiller linkage with 45 offset head that enhances movement. THat's why it has weights instead of flybar paddles.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14