HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2014, 07:56 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
Discussion
Help with sound on Taranis

I have read all I can, manuals etc, and watched all the videos I can but I still cannot work out how to get Taranis to say Flaps up/ down when using L slider . I have set the flaps to operate from the LS in the servo menu and have set up a CF on SA to play track flaps up but no matter what I try I cannot get the sound track to play when I operate LS.
Can anyone spell it out for me - showing me what to type and where to get this to work?
Or just shoot me...........
Iwade is offline Find More Posts by Iwade
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2014, 08:19 PM
United States, TX, Burnet
Joined Jan 2013
417 Posts
Since LS is the left slider, is there a particular value that you want them to play the value at? For example, do you want them to only play the sound at the endpoints, or do you want the sounds played when the slider crosses a certain point? How about repeats? You can set up the "Flaps down" sound to play at a set interval when they are down.
Fig Newton is offline Find More Posts by Fig Newton
Old May 26, 2014, 01:39 AM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
Thanks for the help Fig. I have spent the last 10 years with a conventional computor radio but this programming has got me stumped!
I have set LS to operate the up/down movement of the flaps from the center indent of LS downwards. I did this in the servo menu by entering 0 on the upward side.
I want "flaps down "to sound at any point on the downwards travel of LS and "flaps up" at any point on the way up.
I am concerned that I will not be able to manage organising curves!
Old May 26, 2014, 02:56 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwade View Post
Thanks for the help Fig. I have spent the last 10 years with a conventional computor radio but this programming has got me stumped!
I have set LS to operate the up/down movement of the flaps from the center indent of LS downwards. I did this in the servo menu by entering 0 on the upward side.
I want "flaps down "to sound at any point on the downwards travel of LS and "flaps up" at any point on the way up.
I am concerned that I will not be able to manage organising curves!
you will have to define two custom switches (think of them as virtual or logical switches, switches that are not physically on the radio, but are toggled based on some logic you define).

For instance you could set up one like this:
CSA A>X LS 10

Let me explain, CSA is just the name of the switch, custom switch A. What it does is compare two values, it compares the position of LS (left slider) with the value "10". If LS is bigger than 10, this switch is turned "on".

Next you set up what it has to do when this switch is triggered. Thats done in custom functions. There you could set it up as:

CF1 CSA playtrack "flaps up".

AGain, let me explain, though its probably obvious. CF1 is the name of the custom function. This function is executed whenever custom switch A is turned on. And all it does is play the sound.

DO the same for flaps down (for instance A<X -10) . Then consider fine tuning it, do thinks like speak out a reminder every 10 seconds if your flaps are down but your gear is up, or whatever.
Vertigo72 is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old May 26, 2014, 03:55 AM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
Thanks so much - that works just great . Seems so easy when you know how!!
If I can manage to set up flapperons on my second model will the same formula work for them too?
Again many thanks
Old May 26, 2014, 04:24 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwade View Post
Thanks so much - that works just great . Seems so easy when you know how!!
It actually is, once you get your head around opentx logic, its not difficult and immensely flexible. Its just that its so different .

Quote:
If I can manage to set up flapperons on my second model will the same formula work for them too?
Sure. Just make sure the logical custom switch that triggers the audio warning refers to whatever switch or control you use to set the flaps modes.

BTW, if you struggle setting up the flaperons, this may guide you through the process:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2042885&page=2
Vertigo72 is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old May 27, 2014, 02:54 AM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
Once again thank you. Will set up flapperons next. Had a great cold Winter's day flight today with "talking flaps"!!