SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2014, 04:20 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2013
230 Posts
Fly them! The big boy on 4S with an ESC/Prop upgrade is unbelievable! Big smile guaranteed!
Twinyfly is offline Find More Posts by Twinyfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 05:42 PM
United States, OK, Edmond
Joined Aug 2005
247 Posts
With all new foam parts looks like brand new, Hope they keep the parts in stock for awhile.
RTHawk is offline Find More Posts by RTHawk
Last edited by RTHawk; Nov 25, 2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: found the problem
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
I bought my BNF Q 2 years ago and just never got around to flying it. It's still in the box brand new. Maybe next year or I'll just sell it.

Still have my 180 Stryker too with only 1 flight on it. Well it was my second one, but I still have parts from the first one. I wish they still made these.

Rob
After flying the big one, the micro sucks. It's so twitchy, wind affected, imprecise, and launches are extremely marginal at best. I had three micros from when they went on crazy sale. I finally totaled my original out. I'm saving one for occasional flights, but the other is for sale. I no have desire to fly them over the full size.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:34 PM
Love the sticks
Mason, Michigan
Joined Nov 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
I bought my BNF Q 2 years ago and just never got around to flying it. It's still in the box brand new. Maybe next year or I'll just sell it.

Still have my 180 Stryker too with only 1 flight on it. Well it was my second one, but I still have parts from the first one. I wish they still made these.

Rob
if you want to get rid of it please let me know. I would consider taking it off your hands.
JCFLYR is online now Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:37 PM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
After flying the big one, the micro sucks. It's so twitchy, wind affected, imprecise, and launches are extremely marginal at best. I had three micros from when they went on crazy sale. I finally totaled my original out. I'm saving one for occasional flights, but the other is for sale. I no have desire to fly them over the full size.
There's no real comparison. One is a 2S micro and the other is 3/4S macro...or is that monster?
Two different tools in the toolbox.
If I'm making the 14 mile trip to the flying field, I wouldn't consider taking a micro, but if I'm going the 2 blocks to the local playground on a whim, there's no way I'm taking the big Stryker. The neighbors would be calling the police, and I would lose a nice place to fly.
On the other hand, I can take the micro, and boomerang my brains out without upsetting anyone, and it's a lot more fun than any of my other micro, with the exception of the Beast.
doug.wagner is online now Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:47 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2013
230 Posts
I converted a micro Stryker to 3S using an AS3X brick (had to disable AS3X): lots of fun and adrenaline rush! Still twitchy, but a lot of bang for the buck!
Twinyfly is offline Find More Posts by Twinyfly