HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:29 AM
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Just sensors are connected to the board -- nothing else. I have difficulty believing that the problem could be so trivial considering the amount of research I've been doing to try and solve the problem myself before resorting to asking for assistance on it.

Thanks for the idea, but how about what to look for, status LEDs to confirm proper firmware installation, etc. (as posted above)?

Thanks again in advance for helping me to finally (after much trouble) have a working Y-Siixcopter (multiwiicopter) and/or my flyduspider up in the air instead of stuck on the ground!!!

--jonathan
jrlederer is offline Find More Posts by jrlederer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:34 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlederer View Post
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Just sensors are connected to the board -- nothing else. I have difficulty believing that the problem could be so trivial considering the amount of research I've been doing to try and solve the problem myself before resorting to asking for assistance on it.

Thanks for the idea, but how about what to look for, status LEDs to confirm proper firmware installation, etc. (as posted above)?

Thanks again in advance for helping me to finally (after much trouble) have a working Y-Siixcopter (multiwiicopter) and/or my flyduspider up in the air instead of stuck on the ground!!!

--jonathan
if ESCs + RX are connected to flyduino, i have to connect the battery before i connect the ftdi.

without battery, or with other sequence of connecting, the flyduino wont accept new firmware, if there are other things connected to it. then it shows same behavior you described.

naked flyduino can be programmed with ftdi only.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:38 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Just to be sure

Hi guys,

I want to use the voltage divider and the LED driver on the Flydusense V2 with MegaPiratesNG code, and I'm actually soldering resistors and PIN's on the Flydusense. The code is compiling so it should work, but I'm not sure about hardware.

Could someone please have a look at the picture and tell me if I'm doing it right?
I just want to be sure to have correctly understand the IN and OUT PIN...

Thanks.

Bastien
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
don't forget to cut the 2 lines and the additional connection

treeda is offline Find More Posts by treeda
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Yes, thanks, already done...

But for the IN and OUT, am I right?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:42 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,317 Posts
My FlyduSpider in Action

Here's a li'l video of my Spider. Was nice weather yesterday though a bit windy sometimes. My camera girl was out so I had to use a tripod. Was hard to keep the Spider in the frame. So I captured some fast forward starts from hovering in front of the cam.

flyduspider (3 min 25 sec)
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:45 PM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
swap + and minus and the others accordingly, it's the other way around.
treeda is offline Find More Posts by treeda
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:49 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeda View Post
swap + and minus and the others accordingly, it's the other way around.
Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Yes, thanks, already done...

But for the IN and OUT, am I right?
Out isnt right,
as there should be no 5V its the simply the lipo which comes out there.

BTW Wiki Page have started:
http://wiki.flyduino.net/index.php?title=Hauptseite

Thanks David!
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Norbert you´re doing big progress! will not be 20 years till you reach half of Warthox skills, may another year! , but ok to reach more then 50% of his skills is simply not achievable for most of us (i would be completely happy to have 20% of his skills).
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:01 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
Out isnt right,
as there should be no 5V its the simply the lipo which comes out there.

BTW Wiki Page have started:
http://wiki.flyduino.net/index.php?title=Hauptseite

Thanks David!
Thanks Paul!
I won't use this output, but it's better to have the correct information!

I've already bookmarked the wiki page!

Bastien
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
Does anyone have some ideas for me, please?

In the interest of not cluttering up this thread by quoting another of my posts that has still not generated the answer to a problem that is beating me up as I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I am still down after so much research and so many attempts!

A description of my issue is post #2234 of this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2234

I thank everyone in advance as I dont have very many hairs to pull out over this issue. , I need to save some for the inevitable!

--Jonathan
jrlederer is offline Find More Posts by jrlederer
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlederer View Post
I would greatly appreciate anyone helping me out as I am very frustrated, but I know I have to be so close to eveything just working great. I have read the wiki and about 100 other build logs and troubleshooting pages to no avail but I am confident that someone here can offer me the bit of info I must be overlooking so here goes:

I have a flyduspider frame (irrelevant, but cool nonetheless) and a Flyduino v2.1 FC with Flydusense 1.1 (the square plate) but I am stuck dead in the water as I can't tell what is going on with it; is it bad or did I mess up the firmware on it by uploading he incorrect data to it? When I connect the FTDI cable to the board (with or without the flydusense connected, the power LED comes on solid and stays that way, while th LED next to the FTDI connection pins briefly flashes a couple of times and hen stays off. This is about all I can get it to do. I then edited he config.h file from the bunch of files that get loaded by the 1.8rev2 sketch that arduino 022 loads with the main multiwii1.8rev2.pde file that I opened to reflect the configuration that is present (I comment out th promini and uncomment the mega portion, and change the hexaX frame) and verify the sketch for board type Mega 2560. The code compiles without error then on the arduino IDE it reports that it is "uploading to board" but it never seems to finish. Then whenever (and I have tried this process about 50 times!) I load up the MultiWii1.8conf.exe and slect my com port to match, give it a couple of seconds, the click on start, nothing happens. If I try to click on read in the top panel here it shows the pid tuning settings, the curve changes from the initial linear diagonal default graph to a blank graph and that's basically where I 'm at. This is particularly frustrating as I haf recently graduated college with a degree in computer engineering (CE). Another mystery I have yet to figure out is how I can tell if the sensor board I have soldered with, for the time being a genuine WMP with a BMA020 on the flydusense 1.1 is even operating at all as I do not see any status LEDs when connect it to the Flyduino as it is done on page 1 of this thread.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance -- Jonathan
so it stuck while uploading, you have to see upload done, or some red error lines, one of the two, but it seems you have nothing??
Without upload done, there should be no soft on it.
There is no led indicating the function of the wmp or bma, they simply didnt build it in.
Please check if its the FTDI or the flyduino, do you have any othe rArduinos there or a friend who could check, please contact me per pm, if its faulty a replacement is no prob, of course, but there can be so many thing wrong.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:04 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
After I was deeply disappointed of the weakness of the Keda 20-26M, I put new motors on my spider. Maybe they are not the most beautiful but at least they are FAST.

I already had a set of these motors (Robbe Roxxy 2824-26, 1380KV ) on a quad and was really surprised of their power and speed. Now on the spider they have even less weight per motor to lift.

If it's not going to rain, tomorrow I will have a lot of fun.

r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:01 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts

My newest Toy got airborne today.
The Flydumini.
Only flew indoor, but there is a lot potential.
Not sure about the lipo size and which connector to use (may the JST is too smal in this case).
Got him well on 3.4 pid settings, was a real fun and really stable.
I had to add some carbon reinforcements underneath, no bid deal, afterward he was really stable.
Its all integrated on one PCB, incl. the RX which is a nacked Frsky D4FR.
BMA020 and WMP are padded on Servo tape.
All is working really great, technically its fine, really fine.
All togehter below 150g incl. 2S 500mAh (which is a bit too small i think).
5" props are used, horibble ballanced ones from HK, but after ballancing ok.
6A ESC, but the 10A will fit absolute nicely too.
Sadly after a crash, was in the corner of the room, fell on a edge of a table, damm, my RX didnt bind anymore since then?, they are pretty sensitive it seems.
In the small series i plan i also planned a cover for protection.
Of course matt black.
Leds are on the underside, for orientation.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/dsc01408j.jpg/
20cm motor to motor.

Last edited by Goofy23; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: pic