SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Steve Boone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:58 AM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler View Post
Anyway, until I figure out how to change the address for the SSP on the web site PLEASE send your request for and completed forms to me at:

Joe Hayes
808 West Front St #39
Buchanan, Mi. 49107

So . . . let's keep flying guys.

Thank You,
Joe
bump
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,639 Posts
Curious

What happened to all the flying activity, haven't seen a post from participating pilots for a long time. If Steve is checking this thread, I'm sure he is disappointed.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
WWW.Skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:46 PM
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
566 Posts
For me, it's just been a busy summer. Haven't flown much, period. And having an adult witness available continues to be a challenge. I hope to continue, though, as time allows.

Tim
2motheus is online now Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:02 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
I do still check in from time to time. It would be nice to see the program making more progress. However, as I can attest to, sometimes life has other ideas. Hopefully the program will survive and begin to flourish again.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Copper Level

I am new to the RC world and have taken a liking to ERES birds. The SSP caught my eye and I have been working on the copper level for about a year. Only 2-30 minute flights remain.

A question arises concerning witness to the flights. I am the only exclusive glider memeber of the club and prefer to fly later in the day than all others. Seldom is anyone available to sign my task sheet and I have had my wife sign when I got home. I expect this will happen more often in the future with longer and more difficult tasks.

Since the SSP is a way to guage my abilities, I would only be lying to myself by getting someone to sign without completing the task.

So, my question is: Without a witness (when one is not available) can I continue and earn a level badge?

Regards,

Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot is online now Find More Posts by Tenderfoot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:29 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Hi Tenderfoot,
Sorry to say but the task must be signed at the time of completion. It is a way of getting some one else involved in soaring.
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
I am new to the RC world and have taken a liking to ERES birds. The SSP caught my eye and I have been working on the copper level for about a year. Only 2-30 minute flights remain.

A question arises concerning witness to the flights. I am the only exclusive glider memeber of the club and prefer to fly later in the day than all others. Seldom is anyone available to sign my task sheet and I have had my wife sign when I got home. I expect this will happen more often in the future with longer and more difficult tasks.

Since the SSP is a way to guage my abilities, I would only be lying to myself by getting someone to sign without completing the task.

So, my question is: Without a witness (when one is not available) can I continue and earn a level badge?

Regards,

Tenderfoot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,533 Posts
Thermaler,

It is my understanding that the duration tasks can completed without a witness so long as an electronic flight record is submitted in its place. Obviously the tasks requiring precision landings would need a physical witness. Is this no longer the case?

I have been away from the SSP for a while so things might have changed during my absence.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:03 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Hi Wayne,
You had one of those summers too? I think a lot of us did.
Yes, electronic flight recording is accetable for duration flights.
You are also correct on the landing task.
The only thing that has changed is the guys in the driver seats, Steve and I have swapped places for the time being.
I have not figured out the web site yet to get the address change.
All inquieries to the SSP should be sent to:

SSP
c/o Joe Hayes
808 West Front St #39
Buchanan, Mi. 49107

Lets get the building boards cleared off, repairs made, new ships built and be ready for a great year of working on our SSP levels!

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Thermaler,

It is my understanding that the duration tasks can completed without a witness so long as an electronic flight record is submitted in its place. Obviously the tasks requiring precision landings would need a physical witness. Is this no longer the case?

I have been away from the SSP for a while so things might have changed during my absence.

Wayne
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Tenderfoot: The rules are quite lax as opposed to other programs for a reason when it comes to witnesses. Even allowing for electronic witnesses. However, the SSP does have rules and they must be followed. You can not have someone sign as a witness if they weren't there. Any task you have had done this way will not be accepted.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:37 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
We have a new Copper level memeber, Congrates David Millonig of Florida has made the grade.
Congrates David!!!
Joe
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,228 Posts
I just got my last 5 min in yesterday recorded via flight log. Need to download it and send my sheet in for copper.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:44 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
I just got my last 5 min in yesterday recorded via flight log. Need to download it and send my sheet in for copper.

Ryan
Congrates!
I'll be watching the mailbox Ryan.

SSP
c/o Joe Hayes
808 West Front St #39
Buchanan, Mi. 49107
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:32 AM
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
423 Posts
been away for a while. but now im back with a radian pro and wanna find some challenges.

so where is the page for the tasks? or can i submit my own?

ill have to get some practice in before i get a recorder. ill be getting one i can use in my fullsize gliding. will that be acceptable?

sorry. just read the very first post properly.

ignor me! lol
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,203 Posts
Tenderfoot has officially been given membership #17, welcome and CONGRATS Dave!!

socommk23: PM me or mail me your address with the info and I will get a Copper form to you.

SSP
c/o Joe Hayes
808 West Front St #39
Buchanan, Mi. 49107
Old Apr 05, 2013, 07:07 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
WAKE UP!!! Spring is here. Time for some soaring. Now find those sheets, get out there and get some tasks done.

That is all.