SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 08, 2015, 04:04 PM
Registered User
GCplane's Avatar
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
448 Posts
Float Plane

Cwindram, Excellent photo.
Here are a couple shots of my Taylorcraft.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Last edited by GCplane; Mar 09, 2015 at 06:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2015, 04:06 PM
Registered User
bw762qx's Avatar
United States, CA, Union City
Joined Mar 2014
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm51 View Post
OK, sounds good. Thanks a lot guys. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Happy flying,
Mike
Did you fly it today?
bw762qx is online now Find More Posts by bw762qx
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2015, 07:27 PM
Just having fun
Fredriksson's Avatar
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
Cwindram, Excellent photo.
Here is my Taylorcraft.
I agree. The photo from cwindram is excellent. Your's is too. On the floats, the TC looks awesome.

Here is a favorite picture of my TC.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:48 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,164 Posts
I got one!!! FREE at the RC Club!!!!

Guys,

It was sad to watch with despair of one of our RC Club member (gentleman) who lost all control of his Taylorcraft and it went in nose first. This happened last Friday morning (03- 13-2015) or in other words, FRIDAY the 13th

A few other members went out to assist of recovery and brought the model to the table and he decided to give the Airframe away and I was there at the right place / time.

Last night, I ordered new parts such as the Cowling, Windows and Battery Hatch, all for less than $26 US at AMAZON with Free Shipping!

Pictures will be posted soon!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:04 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,164 Posts
Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Guys,

It was sad to watch with despair of one of our RC Club member (gentleman) who lost all control of his Taylorcraft and it went in nose first. This happened last Friday morning (03- 13-2015) or in other words, FRIDAY the 13th

A few other members went out to assist of recovery and brought the model to the table and he decided to give the Airframe away and I was there at the right place / time.

Last night, I ordered new parts such as the Cowling, Windows and Battery Hatch, all for less than $26 US at AMAZON with Free Shipping!

Pictures will be posted soon!
Guys,

As promised, some pictures of the E-Flite Taylor Craft that I recently acquired at my RC Club. This model is tough as nails since it nosed dived in from a good altitude and the damage (to me) is minimal.

Parts should be here on Monday........
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:22 PM
Registered User
overthebars's Avatar
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
151 Posts
Definitely looks like a re-build is no problem. It does make me cringe a little bit..... I don't fly mine nearly as much as it deserves because i'm always so afraid to damage it. Pretty sad, huh?
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:29 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebars View Post
Definitely looks like a re-build is no problem. It does make me cringe a little bit..... I don't fly mine nearly as much as it deserves because i'm always so afraid to damage it. Pretty sad, huh?
Well, now you see my technique.......

I am patiently waiting for one to fall out of the sky and "Land" slightly hard. I am there providing assistance and consoling those feelings of the RC Model owner. I then, ask what you are going to do with the airframe......(I did ask in this very case) and the reply was...., ready????????

"Its going to the Trash Can!"

I then, curl my hands and said, "Here is a ready made Trash Can, my arms!"

Additionally, now that the model "HAS" encountered a good KISS with Mother Earth, I am not in the least scared to fly it ........ LIKE I STOLE IT!!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:28 PM
Just having fun
Fredriksson's Avatar
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Well, now you see my technique.......

I am patiently waiting for one to fall out of the sky and "Land" slightly hard. I am there providing assistance and consoling those feelings of the RC Model owner. I then, ask what you are going to do with the airframe......(I did ask in this very case) and the reply was...., ready????????

"Its going to the Trash Can!"

I then, curl my hands and said, "Here is a ready made Trash Can, my arms!"

Additionally, now that the model "HAS" encountered a good KISS with Mother Earth, I am not in the least scared to fly it ........ LIKE I STOLE IT!!!
Yup, fly it like you stole it. I am pretty easy on my TC most of the time. I fly mostly scale but do throw in some loops, Cuban Eights, and even some knife edge sometimes. If I really want to fly crazy aerobatics I put a different plane in the air.

Good luck on the repair. I envy the skill you must have to do it. I look forward to the repaired photos and the maiden flight report.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 08:36 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,164 Posts
When I posted "fly it like I stole it" I was referring to NO fear since it almost went to the big trash can!

Thank you for that vote of confidence to my repair skills, this model is an easy fix.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E flite Taylorcraft for 450 or 480 P-51C Scale ARF/RTF 23 May 23, 2009 05:11 AM
Discussion E-Flite park 450 outrunner, 980kV - suggested plane(s) or kits? dougaustin Power Systems 4 Jul 01, 2006 02:49 AM
Wanted E-Flite Park 450 Outrunner Twmaster Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Jun 17, 2006 11:41 AM
For Sale E-Flite Park 450 outrunner motor(3 days old) wilsonbueno Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 01, 2006 10:10 PM
Question E-flite Park 450 vs Hacker A20-20L Jimmy Hoffa Power Systems 2 Dec 19, 2005 02:29 PM