HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:01 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist_603 View Post
I see that I downloaded version 3. I'll try v.4 and see if that makes any difference.

Move the flap stick to the top and make sure switch B is not in launch mode. These are warnings to make sure that you don't turn on your sailplane in a setup where your flaps might slam into the ground. See page 12/13 of the ver 4.0 guide.


Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane.
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2004
42 Posts
Where can I get some guidance on using my DX-18 or DX-9 for a glider with a six-servo wing?
brownecg is offline Find More Posts by brownecg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2015, 08:40 PM
Registered User
czorzella's Avatar
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,200 Posts
Spektrum DX18 Sailplane Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownecg View Post
Where can I get some guidance on using my DX-18 or DX-9 for a glider with a six-servo wing?

Please refer to http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28898087
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:04 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post

Thanks czorzella,


Sherman
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2004
42 Posts
6-Servo Wing

I do not find any reference to the 6-servo wing in the 6-channel Model instructions, but I do find that the template does allow me to specify a 6-channel wing in the Sailplane Type, and does seem to provide for tip ailerons elsewhere. I will try to program using these instructions (I have been using the instructions and pevious versions of them since thy were published).
brownecg is offline Find More Posts by brownecg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:02 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownecg View Post
I do not find any reference to the 6-servo wing in the 6-channel Model instructions, but I do find that the template does allow me to specify a 6-channel wing in the Sailplane Type, and does seem to provide for tip ailerons elsewhere. I will try to program using these instructions (I have been using the instructions and pevious versions of them since thy were published).
Go to sailplane type and select a 4 Ail 2 Flp wing. This will reorganize the channel assignments on the channel assignment menu and on all the menus. (I think)

Then Tip Ailerons will show up on all the menu pages in the Function List. It will show up on all the Servo functions, Dual rates, Differential, camber presets, camber systems, all the P-Mixes as a slave and so on.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:31 PM
Registered User
RV4flyr's Avatar
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
140 Posts
Flap kick point and aileron drop together

I have used latest template on my DX18, everything is working as expected except for;
I want to reduce the flap kick point from default of 92% to engage flaps later with stick movement. In the event when I am using rudder and pull slightly I do not want flaps to move down other than landing mode so changed my kick point to say 85% but ailerons are moving immediately when I pull stick down. Not sure how to reduce kick point on aileron movement, want them to move at same kick point as flap?

Thanks in advance for saving us all time when using your template and spm file, have learned allot by following your guide..
KF
RV4flyr is offline Find More Posts by RV4flyr
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 09:15 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4flyr View Post
I have used latest template on my DX18, everything is working as expected except for;
I want to reduce the flap kick point from default of 92% to engage flaps later with stick movement. In the event when I am using rudder and pull slightly I do not want flaps to move down other than landing mode so changed my kick point to say 85% but ailerons are moving immediately when I pull stick down. Not sure how to reduce kick point on aileron movement, want them to move at same kick point as flap?

Thanks in advance for saving us all time when using your template and spm file, have learned allot by following your guide..
KF
See page 27 of the guide Flaperon or crow mixing.

The template does not use the Camber System for the ailerons. Instead it uses the mix SPL > LAL. The ailerons come down about 15% and stop rather than continuing down any further. Either inhibit or select only the flight modes you want it active in.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
102 Posts
Set up my Aspire with the template on new DX18, very easy, had everything working in a 1/2hr. Slight problem when lowering the flaps, whole TE jumps up 1/8" before it goes down. Reduced start point from 92 to 85 and it help but still there. All JR digitals, 6v NMHD. Need help.
Jerry
jerryshape is offline Find More Posts by jerryshape
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 09:25 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryshape View Post
Set up my Aspire with the template on new DX18, very easy, had everything working in a 1/2hr. Slight problem when lowering the flaps, whole TE jumps up 1/8" before it goes down. Reduced start point from 92 to 85 and it help but still there. All JR digitals, 6v NMHD. Need help.
Jerry
If you are going from a camber position either by switch, slider or in programming in any flight mode (typically thermal), when you pull flap stick and landing mode is activated, then the TE returns to its programmed position first then starts moving. Shouldn't happen if you are going from cruise mode to landing mode.

Pulling the flap stick does the same as actually flipping the FM switch to land. If you go from thermal to land, the same thing should happen.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
102 Posts
I only use 21 & 22, no sliders, will keep working at it, most of the time I can work it out.
jerryshape is offline Find More Posts by jerryshape
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2015, 04:20 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Zenmaniac's Avatar
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,952 Posts
Almost a DX18 question... ;-)

Is there any way on a DX9 to program the left stick to make a noise to show it's centered (like the Aux 3 knob does)?

I know if I had a DX18, I could modify the kick-point to have the voice say something, but there are times on the DX9 when I'd like to be sure the throttle mix is centered before changing the F-mode switch.

TIA,

Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Last edited by Zenmaniac; Mar 27, 2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Maybe I should look for a DX9 thread...
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2015, 09:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
102 Posts
Back to my posts 279 & 281, Got to work on it some more today, found out the left slider was on, turned it off, fine tune a few things, still at 85, if I put it in landing mode everything works perfect, if I move the flap stick from any other FM the whole TE twitches just a little, don't think it will cause a problem. Still looking. By the way I am trying to go from a JR12X by just moving the trims.
jerryshape is offline Find More Posts by jerryshape
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2004
102 Posts
Found it. As mentioned before I set the Aspire up using the online template. Using temp the offsets are set at 100%. Moving the offsets to 92% solved the problem. Checked the programing guide from Sherman he mentions doing that.

One other question, in the guide it mentions on page 16 changing the servo speed to 0.8, wondering why we would do this?
jerryshape is offline Find More Posts by jerryshape
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Spektrum DX18 Victory Pete Radios 10405 Mar 27, 2015 04:20 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX18 Hoot Multi Task F3X 126 Dec 11, 2014 11:13 AM
Sold New in Box Spektrum DX18 PatternFlyer Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jun 25, 2012 08:32 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX18 owners thread Minimog Radios 0 Jun 25, 2012 12:05 PM