HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2014, 03:47 PM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
MCPX V1 Drifting mid flight help!

Not sure if im posting in the right area, but im having a slight issue with my v1 mcpx

When it first gets up in the air it flies very stable, it pretty much hovers hands off, but after doing a few circuits for a minute or two then bring it in for a hover it always tends to want to drift to the back and right pretty hard, im constantly fighting it, its no fun!

Has anybody experienced this issue? I don't know if there could be something wrong with my mcpx i purchased it used but it really flies good and everything seems good other then this drift problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Using JR x9303 radio and not using any trim or sub trim
dinsum is offline Find More Posts by dinsum
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:23 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,371 Posts
One problem that happens and can go unnoticed is that the swash links can come off the balls and slip between the ball and swash body or the head.

This causes hysteresis which can lead to the symptoms which you describe.
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn McKinney View Post
One problem that happens and can go unnoticed is that the swash links can come off the balls and slip between the ball and swash body or the head.

This causes hysteresis which can lead to the symptoms which you describe.
Apparently this is a common problem with v1 boards, looks like its time for a v2 board

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468765
dinsum is offline Find More Posts by dinsum