to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 08:35 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
this red colour intake size look very good scale , but it really possible enough ? If yes , i will try again to reduce it .and measure it for sure .
yes
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jul 01, 2014, 07:59 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
I have reduce again in the black colour outline . The area is 29.5 cm squ . So please think possible or not ? After i get the confident , tomorrow cut cut cut cut .... small .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:09 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,130 Posts
Yes I think so.

It will be great for 90mm and just very slightly under for 100mm, but it will look SO much better! Losses will be very minimal.

I bet this model will still fly great with 90mm .

Great way to do the system hawk mold.

Thanks

Dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:56 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
Thankyou Dave support , see here the area i will smaller . . oh look like back to scale !!!!!!!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2014, 12:51 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
The long nose version and the smaller intake , now look so scale look , especial side view are nice , it still keep 30.5 sq cm . This long nose have extra hatch in the top for turbine guy .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:23 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,879 Posts
Just a suggestion. I have the FlyFly fiberglass hawk and it has the front windshield attached to the fuselage (like your prototype). This makes it more difficult to install the clear plastic in the two framed areas. If you make the whole canopy removable (including the front windscreen) it would be easier to install the clear plastic and you would have a larger hatch. For scale cockpits, the whole assembly could come out as well.

One question,,,, Did you develop the Flyfly Hawk? I'm pretty happy with mine. I didn't like the wing being shipped with the ailerons and flaps only secured with the iron on covering. During shipment the covering began to peel away from the wing and control surfaces as there were no hinges for support. Would be better to cut the surfaces off before shipping.
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jul 07, 2014, 04:47 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,130 Posts
That looks MUCH better Kin!!!

Re: canopy attachment, the way kin has done it here is very common way of doing the canopy in larger turbine models and with a little engineering, the whole cockpit can be made to come out.

Kin did do the fibreglass fuse version of the flyfly hawk, sounds like good advise to me!

Very excited to see this one come through kin!

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:27 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
The canopy i would like it so scale look , the front part are one piece with the fuselage .and the second and third canopy is side open with a hinge , i want it scale opening .I hope this point no change it . i want keep more scale factor .Sorry ! And i finished the first pototype 90mm metal fan , it make by 7075 and the first test have 4.05kg thrust but the amper in 120 A / 6s lipo , so now change a lower kv motor for second test with 8S . i hope control in 80 A about , here the photo of the fan .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jul 07, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:17 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,186 Posts
The long nose version have change the canopy design to scale open .(side open ) .have a big modofication .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:08 AM
Speed is life, more is better
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Mar 2011
4 Posts
Intake Duct Profile

Hello Kin

Looking good.

The attached drawing shows the external shape and line of the intake duct quite well. The plug looks like it need some reshaping aft of the intake.

If you need a bigger model, Kinetic Models in HKG have the BAe Hawk 100 Series aircraft in 1/32 scale. It's available through Lucky Models online.

Mark
dragonflyhkg is offline Find More Posts by dragonflyhkg
Last edited by dragonflyhkg; Jul 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:08 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyhkg View Post
Hello Kin

Looking good.

The attached drawing shows the external shape and line of the intake duct quite well. The plug looks like it need some reshaping aft of the intake.

If you need a bigger model, Kinetic Models in HKG have the BAe Hawk 100 Series aircraft in 1/32 scale. It's available through Lucky Models online.

Mark
I've got that kinetics model if you need out kin.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:58 PM
Joined May 2014
29 Posts
another vaporware thread.... he has promised many things I will never seen.
solimon is offline Find More Posts by solimon
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:10 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon View Post
another vaporware thread.... he has promised many things I will never seen.
And who might you be? After all, you just joined a couple months ago, or is this your alias account?