HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Question
GV 1/8 Nitro powered car - screws always coming loose

Hi guys.....new to the nitro cars and just got my first one. Am having issues with the screws coming loose in some places....i've already lost one from the bottom end of a front shock absorber. I keep checking them now and keep having to tighten some of them up again.
Surely theres a trick to fixing them properly so they dont work their way out all the time? I'm talking metal screws into plastic frame.
On my helicopters I'd use CA glue. Dont wanna jump in and do that unless advised its the thing to do.
Cheers
Michael
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:02 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,367 Posts
I use Loctite Blue or green Tread lock. The red is almost impossible to break loose. It works great for me and you can find it anywhere

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/10/...-Green-290.htm
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
I use Loctite Blue or green Tread lock. The red is almost impossible to break loose. It works great for me and you can find it anywhere

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/10/...-Green-290.htm
METAL screws into PLASTIC frame??? Loctite east plastic as far as i'm aware
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:52 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,367 Posts
Not on mine. I have not had any trouble trouble. Back in the day a lot of kits came with a tread locker. If your worried put a little on the outside of the plastic piece and see if it discolors it or makes it soft. don't use it. Clear enamel will work to.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure