HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
Hi all,
I m at vacation in izmir with my hexa-G.O. gimbal setup.it is shining an very hot here.
I have not a fast internet connection and I cant share any videos for now but shot some pictures
and I can share.
when I able to share videos,I will.
a little shot at Ephessus .historical theatre and harbour road
ozanozkok is offline Find More Posts by ozanozkok
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Mar 2005
609 Posts
Ok, I am now pretty much out of ideas and extremely desperate. I absolutely can not get the roll servo to stop twitching like a f*n maniac when I throttle up my motors. I have tried all of the following with no solid success:

- use an OpenPilot CC board as flight controller + gimbal (had some success with the gimbal, but copter didn't fly nearly as well as when the CC was acting as only a flight controller)
- use a Quadrino board as gimbal only
- tried MultiWii 1.9 and 2.1
- powered only the Quadrino board from separate battery
- powered only the roll servo from a separate battery
- wrapped roll servo wire around ferrite ring to isolate noise
- plugged roll servo into tilt axis and tilt servo into roll axis on Quadrino (roll servo still twitches, tilt doesn't)
- shoot self in head

The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is to use a different servo on the roll axis because I don't have one that will fit. I have spent countless hours over the last couple of weeks trying different settings in both OpenPilot and MultiWii, the copter flies smooth without the roll servo activated, the gimbal operates fine when I am holding the copter and moving it around by hand, I even tried more jarring / shaking movements by hand and it doesn't cause any twitching. All of that with everything powered up EXCEPT the motors, as soon as I throttle up the roll servo goes nuts. So I think I have eliminated all but one thing...a defective servo?
mattchase is online now Find More Posts by mattchase
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:14 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
Hi Matt,
I think that the problem is not about the servo.if it was, it doesnt works in your hand.

I did see a similar situation as yours with a multiwii board.when I want to fly with it,it is working like yours.it can be a problem about stabilisation board.

I did fly with a friend at the backyard of his home.we did take a video shot my setup is same as yours.a 645mg and 225mg.FC is dji-m and no additional gimbal stabiliser.

hexalar (1 min 10 sec)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Mar 2005
609 Posts
I had the thought that it could be the controller but I've tried two different controllers with different hardware / software and had the same problems. Not saying it couldn't be the controllers, just seems to me more likely to be something else, especially since I've read of plenty of people using both of the controllers I have with good results. And both of my controllers fly fine, so I don't think there is anything wrong with / damaged on the controllers.

I've already ordered a new servo and I have looked at ordering a new controller but I need it here this week and most the (affordable) MultiWii boards are coming from overseas. I have been scanning the classifieds for something like a Paris board, standard MWC board, or a Crius board but haven't gotten one yet. I did find one seller on Ebay with the MWC Standard board at a fair price but it doesn't include an FTDI board and all of those are coming from overseas. But I will keep looking and have a few friends I can ask who I think have some extra boards.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Mar 2005
609 Posts
Ok, I think I have all the bases covered now...I got a Paris board ordered a bit earlier that will hopefully be here this week. I'm going to get this thing working someday!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Hey Matt
Did you try too seperate phsicaly the Gimbal Board from the Copter and power up trottle?
Maybe some vibes from the motors cause the gimbalboard to go crazy.

Other thing, when i do not mount the camera in absolute balanze on the Gimbal then the roll servo fights against gravity what causes some twitches.

MäX
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
I can share my vacation videos now.
This is my setup:
HexaXL
G.O. gimbal
dji-wkm
cheap ipower 2814Q motors
F30a escs programmed with simonk firmware
no additional gimbal stabiliser and no software stabilization .this is taken with nex5n-16mm
I did not balanced props.Using Apc 11x4.7 and I did used them direct,without balancing.

CopterFrames Hexacopter XL with G.O. gimbal raw video (1 min 29 sec)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Mar 2005
609 Posts
Hi MaX,

I haven't tried that, I don't think it is vibrations as the copter itself looks like it flies pretty smooth, but I will take the gimbal off and fire up the motors to test it.

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
@Ozan: When will you have the servos for the RTF version of the G.O Gimbal? I'd like to order one.
eagle_01 is offline Find More Posts by eagle_01
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_01 View Post
@Ozan: When will you have the servos for the RTF version of the G.O Gimbal? I'd like to order one.
it will be available at monday with servos and rtf .you can put an order when you want, servos are ready now.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Hi,

A quick question... Have you considered a "3 axis" option to either of your camera gimbals. We love the design work and engineering on your current product line (and pricing)... That said, we are looking for a 3 axis... or do you know anyone that has modified the TwoDee or G.O. with a panning gear set and servo... Thanks David
davidjac is offline Find More Posts by davidjac
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjac View Post
Hi,

A quick question... Have you considered a "3 axis" option to either of your camera gimbals. We love the design work and engineering on your current product line (and pricing)... That said, we are looking for a 3 axis... or do you know anyone that has modified the TwoDee or G.O. with a panning gear set and servo... Thanks David
Hi David,
3.axis is ready now, I m testing it.I hope it will be available in webshop about 15 days.
Cheers
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozanozkok View Post
Hi David,
3.axis is ready now, I m testing it.I hope it will be available in webshop about 15 days.
Cheers

what do you think the pricing will be?
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Aug 2011
310 Posts
I have one of the original two dee 2 axis gimbals for sale brand new never removed from packaging. Selling for $100

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1721290
slidins15 is offline Find More Posts by slidins15
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
Musician-Designer
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Mar 2011
463 Posts
New Raw video from my last trip

CopterFrames HexaXL-G.O. Gimbal @ Halikarnassos (0 min 40 sec)