Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
save file

Is there a problem that this camera DOES NOT save the file that it was recording when the battery gets too low to power the camera?
MarlboroCowboy is offline Find More Posts by MarlboroCowboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cuajinais View Post
Has anybody had success in stabilizing this camera on a small aircraft like the ones I mentioned? As I understand it, there are no gimbals small/light enough for the weight class of birds I have, but it doesn't hurt to ask. (After all this HD keychain cam is not supposed to exist!)
I use Packing Tape to secure my old keychain Cam directly on top the Drone Hull. It's pretty secure and stable, buttons are operational. The buttons on the HD version seem to require less force to operate but I dont think it will be an issue.

My 808Hd(s) arrived yesterday after 7 days in transit to NY, from seller Eletoponline365, both are working well. 10K bitrate.
Here's my first 808HD video:
Micro RC car with Key Cam HD & Cats (2 min 49 sec)

edited with Windows Movie Maker.
jjrobotek is offline Find More Posts by jjrobotek
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined Jan 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayankee View Post
To summary my issue :
A 1GB or 4GB SDHC card wich are OK in two 8o8#3 cam gives a continous yellow led blinking (1 /s) when inserted in the HD #11 cam.
The HD8o8 is right in webcam mode.

Any idea ?
papayankee, can you describe what happens when you put in the car charger cable and then try to record?
deepinside is offline Find More Posts by deepinside
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:16 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
Good news here. Received my HD camera. Removed timestamp successfully.

Good news for those who want to have an even wider field of view.

This jelly lens:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22880

I was using this one on the #3. The HD has appr. the same angle as #3 plus jelly lens.

But..... jelly lens + HD camera results in an even wider view!!! (I guess about 90 degr.). I expected to see dark sides, but this isn't the case! This is based on some tests in the living room incandescent lighting. Will do some outdoor tests tomorrow, and show results here.
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:16 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
Mine arrived today! Yay! Charging it now.

What memory cards is everyone using for these?
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
Alright. Problem. My computer doesn't seem to 'see' the camera, when I plug it in via the USB cable. With the 808s, I'd plug them in and Windows would chime and a new device would appear in the File Explorer (Drive H: or whatever).

I am not getting anything with the new camera. The USB cable and port are known to be good and working perfectly with my old 808s.

I am using a SanDisk MicroSD class 4 8GB card.

The light does come on on the camera. The camera charges successfully and appears to work afterwards. But the computer doesn't see it.

Should this work? Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Alright. Problem. My computer doesn't seem to 'see' the camera, when I plug it in via the USB cable. With the 808s, I'd plug them in and Windows would chime and a new device would appear in the File Explorer (Drive H: or whatever).

I am not getting anything with the new camera. The USB cable and port are known to be good and working perfectly with my old 808s.

I am using a SanDisk MicroSD class 4 8GB card.

The light does come on on the camera. The camera charges successfully and appears to work afterwards. But the computer doesn't see it.

Should this work? Anyone else have a similar experience?
They work a little differently to the #3's. You need to press the on button after you plug it into the computer to exit charge mode and enter usb disk mode.
sgbfly is offline Find More Posts by sgbfly
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:46 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
If you connect the camera to the PC in the off-condition, the red light will be on. You need to push the on/off button to enable the file transfer. It's in the Chinglish manual .

* edit * sgbfly, that was at the same time . You won.
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:48 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
You are correct. I are moron. Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mississauga, Ontario
Joined Apr 2010
119 Posts
For those who wish to add a 180 degree fisheye, this is how it looks with and without (sorry for the fingers on the side, couldn't hold the lens properly!

TorontoR is offline Find More Posts by TorontoR
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
Camera arrived today. Charged it and followed the timestamp removal procedure. Woohoo!!!! no brick, and no more timestamp! Thanks for putting this info all in one place.

Now to mount this this to something that flies.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
TorontoR, which lens is that? I've noticed that many of these lenses all look the same, but can vary greatly when it comes to image quality... That one looks pretty good!
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
I actually used one of those Jelly lenses once on my old keychain camera. It didn't want to stick in place, though. I'd need a different mounting, especially on my Stryker.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:35 PM
Mississauga, Ontario
Joined Apr 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
TorontoR, which lens is that? I've noticed that many of these lenses all look the same, but can vary greatly when it comes to image quality... That one looks pretty good!

Keith,

I too have tired many lens (especially the cheap ones). This one is 16 bucks however the best quality I've come accross. Its the "FE-12" variant.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39814
TorontoR is offline Find More Posts by TorontoR
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:44 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
How do you mount it?
Closed Thread