HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:59 PM
United States, NH, Bath
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Well…………….

It LOOKS like it'll fly. Depends on how good 'Bernie' pilots her.
Kenap is offline Find More Posts by Kenap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 02:14 PM
United States, OK, Altus
Joined Jun 2004
82 Posts
Took this picture today at the field. Also took some video but have never uploaded that before. As soon as I get it worked out, I'll post it.

The white N numbers on the wing really help with orientation at distance.
sewflynwa is offline Find More Posts by sewflynwa
Old Aug 08, 2014, 08:39 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Have been dreading the build since following this thread -- NO problems tho -- 1 week of evenings to prep = maybe they have an updated release of kit?? Granted --- of 8 or so arf's l've had from eflite and hangar9 this is the poorest quality of airframe and hardware. BUT no problems -- glued a couple of joints on fuse, just didnt even bother with hardware for landing gear and struts - just used own on hand (dubro 893 nice and tight - and look good too). Wheel pants pre-drilled - no problem. Windshield tucked tightly into place between cowl and wing, no glue reqd -- so l do have access to cabin. Covered wing joints to fuse with black electrical tape -- looks good especially flying - breaks up all red on top of wing when pulling up and away. Cowl mounted ok -- stripes not even off 1/8" and again used own hardware (pic makes stripes look worse than actual -- but dont notice flying by). Had to open up servo bays in wing to fit HK servo's. Did NOT have to iron the covering at all - in perfect condition. Mounted HK G10 motor no problems = lots of power and very affordable. Made lite ply battery tray (thanks to thread) with velcro buttons and straps for battery -- push all way forward and balanced perfectly. Wheel pants ok on mid-length grass, std wheels. First flight -- up and away - no trimming necessary. Flies very realistically, not super fast (11x7). ONLY real problem is slight elevator flutter at high speed -- found joint in stab not glued properly allowing flutter -- injected some CA and ok but still did it on later flight so have to check rest/all joints in stab again yet. OVERALL - quite pleased with plane (not as much as Taylorcraft) and way it performs. Not my favourite yet but only 7 flights so far.
hetrcp is offline Find More Posts by hetrcp
Old Aug 09, 2014, 04:43 PM
United States, NH, Bath
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetrcp View Post
Have been dreading the build since following this thread -- NO problems tho -- 1 week of evenings to prep = maybe they have an updated release of kit?? Granted --- of 8 or so arf's l've had from eflite and hangar9 this is the poorest quality of airframe and hardware. BUT no problems -- glued a couple of joints on fuse, just didnt even bother with hardware for landing gear and struts - just used own on hand (dubro 893 nice and tight - and look good too). Wheel pants pre-drilled - no problem. Windshield tucked tightly into place between cowl and wing, no glue reqd -- so l do have access to cabin. Covered wing joints to fuse with black electrical tape -- looks good especially flying - breaks up all red on top of wing when pulling up and away. Cowl mounted ok -- stripes not even off 1/8" and again used own hardware (pic makes stripes look worse than actual -- but dont notice flying by). Had to open up servo bays in wing to fit HK servo's. Did NOT have to iron the covering at all - in perfect condition. Mounted HK G10 motor no problems = lots of power and very affordable. Made lite ply battery tray (thanks to thread) with velcro buttons and straps for battery -- push all way forward and balanced perfectly. Wheel pants ok on mid-length grass, std wheels. First flight -- up and away - no trimming necessary. Flies very realistically, not super fast (11x7). ONLY real problem is slight elevator flutter at high speed -- found joint in stab not glued properly allowing flutter -- injected some CA and ok but still did it on later flight so have to check rest/all joints in stab again yet. OVERALL - quite pleased with plane (not as much as Taylorcraft) and way it performs. Not my favourite yet but only 7 flights so far.
Congratulations on your flights! It does fly nicely. At least, I think it does.

I know there have been problems with this plane as far as the build goes. But certainly, nothing unsurmountable if you've some experience. Glad this thread didn't scare you away.

This plane was produced in Vietnam which I believe is why the quality is not quite up to snuff when compared to other planes I've purchased by E-Flite and H9. I got a Seagull plane years back produced in Vietnam as well and it's quality was not so hot, either. Maybe China does it better………. somehow?
Kenap is offline Find More Posts by Kenap
Old Aug 10, 2014, 02:02 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
update: found a crack on stab in front of mis-glued joint -- flutter must have cracked the balsa in front of what l had ca'd before -- put slit in covering and injected more ca -- all good now -- flew this morn and no flutter anymore on hi-speed (pull out from loops, rolls , etc ). tried the flaps more then before and starting to get used to them, and will add more coupling to elevator. didnt mention -- HK motor slightly longer than the eflite so prop hub sticks out a bit too far -- but again not a big deal. (couldnt use eflite spinner on HK motor - will have to do some rework on that).
hetrcp is offline Find More Posts by hetrcp